Creation/Evolution missed it

At work, after a hearing test, I was describing some stuff I wish either evolution, or a creator, would have seen fit to give us.

What I wanted was reflexive (and voluntary) closing flaps on my ears. We got eyelids. I realize that the noises which hurt our hearing are primarily our own doing. But still I want it.

Coworker piggybacked and said she would like to be able to close her nose for diving.

What else would be cool if we could get into that DNA and customize?

Oh, one more, thumbs on my feet. Trying to keep the basic human look though.

Re: Creation/Evolution missed it

are you coming out of anesthesia?

^ lol...or off a bender...or, mid-bender....

I’m just that weird. I have yet to try drugs. Can’t wait to see what my mind does with them though. I think it will be neat.

Alcohol just makes me want to cuddle and fall asleep. Sometimes I’m a little more emotionally expressive. I love everyone, but don’t usually feel inclined to say it.

Fur? I think fur would ruin that “human” look. But not needing clothes and staying warm in the cold would be awesome.

^ ewwww! :D

20190326_205904.gif

Monkey feet, eyelid ears, and fish gill noses sounds more like devolution.

Luke Stroehlein /

I was a biology major in college, fun thing, is you take your thumb and pointer finger and give a little squeeze right above your Adam's apple there's empty space on each side. That's where our ancient fishy ancestors had pharygeal gill slits. The lungs in modern animals are actually a derivative of the digestive system. Crazy stuff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Brad William /

> Papa _ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> At work, after a hearing test, I was describing some stuff I wish either

> evolution, or a creator, would have seen fit to give us.

>

> What I wanted was reflexive (and voluntary) closing flaps on my ears. We

> got eyelids. I realize that the noises which hurt our hearing are

> primarily our own doing. But still I want it.

>

> Coworker piggybacked and said she would like to be able to close her

> nose for diving.

>

> What else would be cool if we could get into that DNA and customize?

>

> Oh, one more, thumbs on my feet. Trying to keep the basic human look

> though.

This is why evolution is so interesting. The span of time that man has walked erect is relatively small in the scale. The doubling of man's life expectancy is relatively nano scale. Hence... Back problems in old age that evolution has just not had time to "correct" for.

Same with ear flaps. And damaging noise is an even worse case for us. In millions of years of evolution damaging levels of noise exposure were all but non existant. Certainly never sufficient to cull susceptibility, inability to recover or oversensitivity, from the 'herd'. Hell, noise exposure levels only changed for the worse for humans in half a dozen generations or so. Thats a grain of sand's scale on a beach.

If it were imaginable that humans might evolve another few million years, in present conditions (i'll pause here a moment for the laughter to die down), we'd see something very much like the ear flaps described, or some more robust drum anvil stirrup cochlea that enables older men and women to weather high noise exposure, still hear each other sufficient to court and find one another still attractive....and keep on fucking.

Thanks for the thoughtful responses.

I was more or less just wanting to hear some crazy gene editing wish list items.

Now I’m all worried about the next million years and how humans will turn out. Since now we just selectively breed for commercial sex appeal and overall health, intelligence, and survival ability are barely in the running.

Hopefully we're mostly wiped out and the ants or bees take over in a few hundred millennia.

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> Hopefully we're mostly wiped out and the ants or bees take over in a few

> hundred millennia.

The way things are going bees won't be around that long.

plant some milkweed & save the world!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A reset button or I wanna forget the last week lever

LOL! How many angels can dance on the pointy head of an evolutionist?

How many catheters can Don fit inside his dick head?

Luke Stroehlein /

We literally can't have a respectable scientific conversation amongst people with intellect without Donny butting in with some half wit comment about Jeebus and the Bible. I graduated suma cum laude with a double major in biology and environmental science and then we have one of America's brightest specimens over here writing his troll-esque comments while licking his TV screen every time Trump appears on Fucks news

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I just wanted one nice family dinner! JUST ONE!

Bioluminescent

That’s another thing I would like. Not some firefly stuff but that deep ocean trench light show kind.

And an ET finger flashlight. For practical reasons.

I already forget stuff. But if I could get a “forget the last week” lever for my wife....

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> LOL! How many angels can dance on the pointy head of an evolutionist?

You wouldn't need hand guns if angels really existed.

Brad William /

Ok god. Stop fucking with us. We can plan around finite lifespans. But on the way there why the failed eyesight, weak heart, leaky prostate, why-did-i-actually-get-in-my-car-five-minutes-ago and where-the-fuck-am-i-going?, rotting teeth, disintegrating joints....AAAAGGGGHHHHH what a fucking asshole you are.

Surely, you created this stuff, are you REALLY THAT UNFAMILIAR WITH THE PERIODIC TABLE?

Most material engineers do a better job than this. And we don't fucking worship THEM!

Teflon coated titanium joints. Solid carbide jaw with grinding/shearing surfaces. True 100 yr lifespan optical and aural hardware. Fucking plumbing that doesn't clog, at random.

You're omnipotent. You whine like a little bitch about our 'faith' n you. WELL...DO YOUR FUCKING JOB. GET THAT SHIT TOGETHER MAN.

Then...we'll talk.

When one of my kids keeps doing something annoying to get a reaction from the others, I tell them to ignore it. Once the reaction goes away, the motive to keep doing it is gone.

Doesn’t work.

“Dad, HE’S STILL DOING IT!”

So everyone here is guilty.

Don,

If you really have a conviction for the lost, you should have realized by now that you are “casting pearls before swine”. I know there is Bible instruction about provocation and foolish behavior. Why not just enjoy mopeds and try to be a beacon of benevolent behavior. That would serve everyone better.

I said before, I may be a little asperger-y. So, I don’t always get when people are kidding or trolling. Especially on the internet.

Brad William /

Oh and the limp dick at 60, but the still raging libido, and a face and crooked back that EVEN SQUIRRELS RETREAT FRON when you try to make friends with snacks? What kind of joke is that? You motherfucker.

Yeah. You're some kind of intelligent designer. Do you mind if we all laugh at your expense here for a while?(edited)

Brad William /

By the way. This is my f a v o r i t e way of trolling relig hypocritters when i find myself compelled to share space with them. Just a carefully passive, persistant, critical acceptance of their belief. Kind of a mental judo. Use their momentum against them. If their momentum is true, well all good. A draw. But that's never the case now is it?

In a bar one evening among half a dozen of us an avowedly christian gal was treading well outside of her mental comfort zones to impress everyone with her open minded bonofides on sex. Friends. Family members. Heck. A brother who came out! Everyone's cool. See? Loves her brother. Deeply christian. Loves her gay brother. Badda Boom!

Blinking idiotically.

So I spent the next three full minutes, after congratulating her on such compassion, supporting my view that by all accounts, there is good evidence in the record to suggest that Jesus was a gay man.

Yes. OF COURSE. She had a fucking meltdown over this. In the shrieking meltdown she could not possibly have made herself appear more narrow minded, more venal and corrupted by 'faith' than if she'd tried to pretend so. I just kept assuring her that I felt the same way as a god fearing christian, and that my love of all humans opened up my mind to Christ's likely sexual preference.

It was hilarity. The finest.

Brad William /

Don.

Any modern day reading of Jesus's life and acts would pretty much peg the gaydar at...gay.

Just sayin.

But on the plus side....Freddy M died at 45! Still young enough (not 27, but hey) to cement a legacy that outweighed his actual talents. Jay-Bus bested him BY FAR. Younger and now massively more famous.

Don. Think of all the idol worship you share with freddy mercury fans worldwide!

It's beautiful.(edited)

Brad,

I get it. Remember, as annoying as they are, most religious people are victims of the environment that made them.

Like some rapists and such. We should protect ourselves, and others; from them. But we have no right to harass or otherwise hurt them.

Feel out every situation and try to adapt your behavior to make a transactions for the better. It’s hard to not let an arrogant, self righteous blow hard fall on their face and enjoy it. But that is likely to reinforce their belief and drive them further into the arms of craziness.

I eventually left religion, in part because I saw love and compassion displayed more completely and (correctly?) outside the ranks of church people.

Back on topic,

How about the ability to control lucid dreams? If I could dream whatever I wanted and have complete control.... Not saying I’d never get out of bed, but it would be a lot easier to fall asleep.

Brad William /

I do appreciate that, reasonable, admonishment... except that religious activists are far, far, from benign contributors to my social existence. Today, as much as any time in history, their corrosive influence needs to be kept in check by the likes of me....regardless of whether more even tempered folk think otherwise.

As to lucid dreaming, i'm regularly amazed that so little reasearch has been committed to dream states....especially the pharmacological readiness we might already have at hand to engage in those states that occupy 1/3 if our time here.

So many psychoactive elements amd compounds we've identified. A relatively non existant portion of them with effect on our sleeping/dreaming excursion.(edited)

Brad William /

Example? Corona virus is god's will. I'll follow the rules, wear a mask, check the governor's boxes, social distance...but beyond that, as far as any more reasonable accomodation to the reality of recognizing a peril in my community, i'm free to disregard it since it is ultimately GOD'S WILL. This kind of thinking belongs in the 12th century. The only reason why it is still with us is is via the persistance of organized religious faith that still infects too many.

Hmmm.

Brad,

I like you’re words. You’re correct. In some ways, the mass of people that are so easily controlled by lies are more dangerous than I have acknowledged.

History has shown time and again that this sort of group think can be manipulated for evil atrocities. No reason to think it will not happen, or isn’t right now happening again.

Usually there must be a tipping point which unites the opposition (which would rather be left peaceably alone) to act together and stop the madness. That’s the stuff of wars. Not eager to rush into that.

I haven’t had to deal with that since I moved to Germany. I think a huge part of the world isn’t crazy. If it wasn’t such a waste, Maybe we could give all the religious people what they want. Build walls around them and never let them out or anyone else in.

So,

Psychoactive stuff. I’m contractually obligated to abstain. It does interest me and I would like to someday have firsthand experience to discuss.

If I remember my psychology classes, a lot of that stuff is inherent abilities of our mind. I wonder if we used to be more influential in our human experience or if it is an ability that we are evolving now that will eventually be more under our conscious control.

I have seen things in lucid dreams that seemed 100% accurate, even though I have never experienced it. Like flying over my hometown before google maps was a thing. That’s one example.

For now, I just take melatonin for some crazy dreams.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

By the way. This is my f a v o r i t e way of trolling relig hypocritters when i find myself compelled to share space with them.

Cool

I eventually left religion, in part because I saw love and compassion displayed more completely and (correctly?) outside the ranks of church people.

Yup religion sucks... man's attempt to get to god never works. You end up with radicals that more often than not are pushing an agenda.

Today, as much as any time in history, their corrosive influence needs to be kept in check by the likes of me....

Your strategy sucks. "Hey lets show how Don's being a dick by being a dick right back?!?!" You want to really get him to shut up than show him how he is miss using his bible or ignore him.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account