Neuk!

Re: Neuk!

Y’all remember duke nukem?

I think i only played the first 2 Duke Nukems a little, but i did play a lot of Commander Keen.

commander keen was tiiight, i played that a bunch with my best friend in like 3rd grade

Playing as Roger Wilco on a Mac SE was a not insignificant part of growing up

cover.jpg

I PLAYED THE FUCK outta space quest 2

The guard appears to be less thick than you remember him. many of his formerly contained body fluids seem to be at large

Jimmy Cincinnati /
Colonization.jpg

Talk about old video games, i love 94's Colonization by Sid Meier. I still need to try the remake.

I also grew up playing Wolfenstein 3d, Doom, and Duke Nukem. Duke Nukem on the N64 had multiplayer and was kind of fun too. But all of those games went away once Goldeneye was released.

my old man was at micro prose back during all those releases. m1 tank platoon, stealth fighter, Civ, Pirates, they made SO many good games that i took it for granted it was so accessible to me

id go to the offices after school and fuck around in the game library and annoy the developers and mess with shit. we even had a super famicom before super nintendo released in the states. actually finished super mario world in japanese before my friends had even heard of it.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

my old man was at micro prose back during all those releases. m1 tank platoon, stealth fighter, Civ, Pirates, they made SO many good games that i took it for granted it was so accessible to me

I didnt play colonization until like the late 90's, i ironically bought it from a gamestop in the clearance section for $1.00. The guy at the counter told me i probably bought the best game in here. Ive had more fun on that game than most games Ive paid premium prices for. The game is very dated looking for it was just the right level of engaging without throwing too much at you.

Thats cool about your dad! My dad was cool enough to figure out how to build computers out of left over junk. Most of our home computers were built from dumpters / trash but they were good enough to play Wolfenstein & Doom!

FYI Super Mario World was dope. I played the crap out of that.

Sid Meier was/is a genius

You'd actually learn shit while you were playing. And the manuals micro prose made we're almost technical manuals they had so much detail.

Side story; the developers would play this Civil War board game some nights but only communicate over the buildings PA and actually send communications via "scouts" who would deliver messages to other regiments and spies.

The union on one side of the building and the confederates in another so you couldnt actually see where the other team was on the map.

It was WAY over my head at the time but it spoke to just how dedicated these people were to designing and making the best games possible at the time.

My dad had a ton of microprose software. Red Storm Rising was his favorite. The manuals and keyboard templates were fantastic.

Wish I had kept his old commodore 128d.

About a year before he died I got him a 64 and he spent hours and hours playing rsr...lotta digdug too.

Comodore 64? Wow, that takes one back...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I had a timex Sinclair and a TI .

Antz only game I can remember .

Ha, I remember the Sinclair...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I was reprogramming the Oem software and modding the game at 11 years old.

Was a prodigy. Went on to do 9 months in juvie and court ordered away from computers for 5 years. All because I found the mainframes swapfile and rewrote the lotus 123 software to deposit all the rounding down remnants to an account.

Do not trust a 14 year old. He tried accessing the account before I had the challenge string to embed in the password.

Fbi cracked him in 3 minutes. After high school Dunn and Bradstreet hired me as an it security consultant / undercover operative.

I miss the 150000 a year. 1995 car accident brain injury put an end to it .

The cult of the dead cow. Arose from the aftermath.

Load "*" ,8,1

Run

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account