Just got another cb for my collection

Just got this from a friend that was moving. I realy dont need another bik project but it was free so I snagged it. It's not a very desirable bike as it's an 81 cb750k. I tossed this extra tank and seat from my 900 on it and the tank bolted right up. Sucks these dont have flat rear frame section for easy seat fitment but I am a welder fab guy (swamp yank) so I can do what ever. It has the shit air shocks in the front so i think I'm gonna find a older cl front end with big drum brake and toss it on. I dig the look and function of drums. Not a big speed guy so i will be fine. Be a cool cafe/brat low budget build. It is missing a bunch of cosmetic stuff but that is fine. I wasn't gonna use most of it anyhow. Bike only has 12k and was running last year so should be easy I hope, haha. Famous last words.

20200425_161255.jpg
20200425_164024.jpg

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

Looks like a fun project.

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

Pushrod Fifty /

Good score, you cant beat a CB.

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

Not desirable my ass. My buddy has an 81 CB750k he cleaned the carbs on and never remounted. Decided to list it for $1k with the carbs off and he had 4 people calling to come look at it as soon as possible. He wound up putting the carbs back on and riding it instead of selling though

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Not desirable my ass. My buddy has an 81 CB750k he cleaned the carbs on

> and never remounted. Decided to list it for $1k with the carbs off and

> he had 4 people calling to come look at it as soon as possible. He wound

> up putting the carbs back on and riding it instead of selling though

Not compared to the 70's models. I also have a 900c and a 125s.

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

Pushrod Fifty /

The old tank can be knocked in for knee cavities, right where the dents are.

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

Free is good! :)

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The old tank can be knocked in for knee cavities, right where the dents

> are.

I will probably get a different tank for it. Got to look around and see what I can find that somewhat fits. I could hack up one of these tanks and just make one I guess but allot of work.

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

why does the back wheel look tiny, like even inflated that looks really mini

I went all through a choppered cb650 with a buddy last year, it was neat but wound up not worth all the parts it'd cost to get it straightened out. It also had some weird intention slip thing to the clutches that I never understood fully

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> why does the back wheel look tiny, like even inflated that looks really

> mini

>

> I went all through a choppered cb650 with a buddy last year, it was neat

> but wound up not worth all the parts it'd cost to get it straightened

> out. It also had some weird intention slip thing to the clutches that I

> never understood fully

Yeah it has a 17" rear and 19" front. Looks goofy but the tire is also super flat and smooshed down. Would like to find a larger rear rim or smaller front.

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

Pushrod Fifty /

You can buy a 17" rim and lace it on the existing front hub.

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

Sweet!

Re: Just got another cb for my collection

yea that's pretty close to what i did to the nighthawk I just had - laced an 18 rim to the rear from a spare front wheel - in that case it was super easy since the hubs are the same size i didnt even need to get new spokes.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account