Re: NSFW....A PSA on self quarantining....

Seth B /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So, I’ve been doing a pretty good job at this quarantine bullshit. I don’t go out just for the hell of it; only for legit needs, or to go out to my folks house/run errands for them. I don’t want them going anywhere, and I keep my distance from them when I’m there. I do miss giving my mamma a hug. I did go buy another moped a few days ago, but that’s a legit need.

The lakes and rivers here are closed. Fishing is no longer allowed anywhere in the state. All campgrounds closed. State parks closed. No outdoor recreation allowed, except going for a walk. The forest roads are roadblocked. No access to the woods, except by a couple trails. Everywhere you turn, you’re told to stay home. Got it!

But here’s what I’ve been thinking lately. We are being reprogrammed. We are all sitting at home, glued to some media source, filling our brains with whatever bullshit we see or hear, and were buying it all. We’re swallowing the whole load. We will do whatever the Pied Piper wants us to. Every damn one of us is being retrained for a world we haven’t yet seen or experienced. I wonder what our planet will look like when this is over. May not be recognizable.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account