What are you going to do with your stimulus check?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Besides your normal bills, what are you going to do with your stimulus check?

I’ll start....I’m going to buy a 65”-75” HDTV for my man cave in my new house in VA.

**Single folks......if you made less than $75k last year (per your 2018 tax return), you’ll get the full $1200 plus an additional $500 per child (17 and under). If you made more than $75k but less than $99k, you’ll get a pro-rated amount. If you made more than $99k, you’re SOL.(edited)

Re: What are you going to do with your stimulus check?

It must be a great time to be a crackhead in the US.

Pushrod Fifty /

I haven't seen any details on combined incomes that break 75K, what about married filing jointly with 1 child?

I need new tires for my CB500, the rear is almost bald in the middle.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Crackheads who don’t file tax returns or receive social security, won’t get anything.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Couples that make less than $150k will get $2400 plus $500 per child. If a couple makes more than $150k but less than $198k, you’ll get a prorated/phased out amount. Over $198k you’re SOl.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I haven't seen any details on combined incomes that break 75K, what

> about married filing jointly with 1 child?

>

> I need new tires for my CB500, the rear is almost bald in the middle.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Also, if you haven’t filed your 2019 tax return, they will use the FAGI on your 2018 return. If you filed your 2019 return, they are going to look at your FAGI for 2019.

Pushrod Fifty /

Awesome news, thanks. More awesome news, My company is exempt from mandated closures. I will have new hours starting next week giving me more time in the morning, I can ride in everyday if no rain, and take some rides or hikes before going in. Only have to work 7 hrs a day but get paid for 8. Also they gave out 50.00 restraunt gift certificates to help the local establishments, and an extra 5 sick days. Such generosity! Definately takes the heat off from all of the other inconveniences from this crisis.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Its gonna be like a Dave Chappelle show in the hood...

Beans bullets and bourbon...

Moped Lar (OFMC) /
E62C4C2E-4777-4D6E-8DBC-4EF213FB87FD.gif

wife and i are both very lucky to still be working from home, we were talking last night about how much and how we should donate it to some folks that are less fortunate because we ain't no goddamn commies in this house. plus we aren't paying for daycare so saving quite a bit of money there. we'll see when the details actually come out about how its going to work.

Off-Topic

Where you come for tales of buying HDTV's while people die, buy stay for the thinly veiled racism.

As for me, my wife works freelance and I get partial disability buy we're gonna donate a chunk of it to our local food bank.

Have fun with your shiny new shit, boomers.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Before you start slinging insults at everyone who decides to buy something with their stimulus money, I would be putting money back into the economy by spending the money, which in turn, puts people back to work. If I squirrel the money away, it helps no one. I donate a lot of money and property every year, so I consider myself very charitable. Before you try to paint me with a broad brush, get your facts straight.(edited)

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> Before you start slinging insults at everyone who decides to buy

> something with their stimulus money,, I would be putting money back into

> the economy by spending the money, which in turn, puts people back to

> work. If I squirrel the money away, it helps no one. I donate more money

> and property every year, so I consider myself very charitable. Before

> you try to paint me with a broad brush, get your facts straight.

Damn straight. Thanks, Lar!

Pushrod Fifty /

The idea behind this bill is to keep the economy going and people employed to the extent possible. We are taking big hits on our personal liberties to constrain this virus and our social lives are going to shit. Nothing wrong with some self indulgence and reward for working and paying taxes.

SAve it.

It's called tact, Larry.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I guess if I bought a few mopeds or performance parts with the money, that would be ok with you? Why not sell a couple of your many mopeds and give that to charity. I’ve done it many times through the years.

I’m not going to apologize for doing my part to help the economy. I served my country in the Army for over 8 years. I am a disabled vet. If I want to spend money buying a TV, I don’t owe you or anyone else an apology.(edited)

punkrock randy /

The most responsible thing for everyone to do with it would be to use it for necessities and for time off. Just take a day or few off here and there even if you’re considered an essential worker. Just to minimize spread of virus. But to be quite honest people, probably bananas and blow.

Being that I just found out I work for a "critical manufacturing" company, that is exempt from our just announced state shut-down, (thank goodness) I will prob save it until we get this under control, I have several months of bills put up, but this will add to it, in the event I get sick and have to miss work anyway. I don't have/want many material things, money in the bank is more comforting to me than new stuff, plus I did just buy a new TV before all this shit came down, but I deserved it, my 20 year old tube model finally crapped out! Don't need but the one, as my whole apt is a man-cave! :) I know this is to get the economy moving, but I will not be able to do that if I end up homeless from being sick, there is a moratorium on evictions right now in MN, but you will have to pay unpaid rent back at some point, so best to not get behind, since I'm lucky enough to still be working, I and the company I work for are still supporting the economy with my wages and their taxes. Stay home/stay alive!

> I guess if I bought a few mopeds or performance parts with the money,

> that would be ok with you? Why not sell a couple of your many mopeds and

> give that to charity. I’ve done it many times through the years.

>

> I’m not going to apologize for doing my part to help the economy. I

> served my country in the Army for over 8 years. I am a disabled vet. If

> I want to spend money buying a TV, I don’t owe you or anyone else an

> apology.

^ Agreed, everyone should use this as you see fit/pursuant to your current situation.

Good drugs and cheap prostitutes.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^^Exactly.

If I offended anyone by actually saying what I’m going to do with the money, I apologize. That was not my intent.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I guess if I bought a few mopeds or performance parts with the money,

>

> > that would be ok with you? Why not sell a couple of your many mopeds

> and

>

> > give that to charity. I’ve done it many times through the years.

>

> >

>

> > I’m not going to apologize for doing my part to help the economy. I

>

> > served my country in the Army for over 8 years. I am a disabled vet.

> If

>

> > I want to spend money buying a TV, I don’t owe you or anyone else an

>

> > apology.

>

> ^ Agreed, everyone should use this as you see fit/pursuant to your

> current situation.(edited)

I'll send Don's Widow some happy times flowers with Lenny's phone number on the card.

punkrock randy /

I so excited for my package stimulus!! :-0

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I’m not going to apologize for doing my part to help the economy.

DONT! The government is being generous with our tax money... hell you're really just getting back money you paid in. I take no issue with how anyone wants to spend it. Donations are great, but the idea behind a stimulus is to stimulate the economy... aka pay into local business to get them cash flowing again and hopefully bring jobs back. Regardless, get that money circulating somehow.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^agreed.

Same here.

Weve been doing a flea market for a local women's shelter for years.

And nobody wants my dumb bikes

Overpriced Parts /

> Crackheads who don’t file tax returns or receive social security, won’t

> get anything.

If you don’t file taxes or receive Social Security it makes one a crackhead?

I don’t receive Social Security, haven’t had to file taxes for like 5 years do to non taxable income, we have no income at all for a year, are waiting for final judgement that’s in the courts now but with this going on it gonna take longer,

If I work (which I’m not able to do anyway) or get on SSI I will get no or little settlement/whole case will have to be redone,

There is a way for somebody who doesn’t file income tax to get money they said but those details aren’t disclosed yet,

By law you can make up to 10,000$ year and never have to file Federal income tax’s so those poor people who only make that much or people like me who didn’t have taxable income will be able to get money though how to do it has not been properly discussed by the media,

Never apologize for actually helping the economy.

Fuck it, do what you want.

That's what America is all about.

Go for yours and fuck everyone else.

And you entirely missed my point.

Many people are sick, hurting, and can't pay their bills due in 2 days w/ out not feeding their kids so please forgive me for not giving a fuck about your service record or home entertainment.

I was hoping for us to all be a little overly sensitive to others in this horrible situation.

Ya know, act like human beings.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account