Tips and tricks on how to get by.

If you have a tip or trick on getting those needed everyday items them post here.

Scott blue shop towels work great as paper towels.

Check the local 7-11 for TP most don't think of that.

Around here (San Jose CA) small mexican markets have most foods. Arteaga's Food Center on 1003 Lincoln Ave is stocked with meats and vegetables.

Look at home depot for cleaning supply's

Stay away from flee markets for cleaning supply's. most are fake.

Re: Tips and tricks on how to get by.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Check the local 7-11 for TP most don't think of that.

My buddy found some at the local gas station, but he paid out the ass for it. Sorry sorry. Seriously tho they atleast had something if your without.

Our town has no shortage.but i know kleenex if not also a shortage problem would be an option for the females tinkling to save the good stuff for the bad time

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Check the local 7-11 for TP most don't think of that.

>

> My buddy found some at the local gas station, but he paid out the ass

> for it. Sorry sorry. Seriously tho they at least had something if your

> without.

If it's a national chain then you can call the home office an report them.

I found some Charmin 4 roll packs for $3 at a peddlers mall. I'm good for a month or so (um, that would be one 4 pack btw).(edited)

punkrock randy /

Drink lots of water. Try to keep your immune system up, and go walk in the fresh air whenever possible. Fresher as of late with less people/factories influencing it negatively.

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> > Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Check the local 7-11 for TP most don't think of that.

>

> >

>

> > My buddy found some at the local gas station, but he paid out the ass

>

> > for it. Sorry sorry. Seriously tho they at least had something if your

>

> > without.

>

> If it's a national chain then you can call the home office an report

> them.

He was just joking, it was a pun

Overpriced Parts /

Everything is/was fine it was like almost like nothing happened but there are signs now in store doorways say you’re limited to one or two certain items,

We go to the store during low demand hours on weekdays never on a weekend so maybe on the weekends things are a lot worse, it would’ve been nice to have 1,000$ to stock up on stuff three weeks ago but didn’t Have the money nor do we have the space to put stuff so we got maybe two weeks worth of stuff and that’s about it

We didn’t go to stores yet this week but from what I heard from neighbors yesterday people now are coming from cities 25-30 miles away to buy stuff at all the stores by me so that’s gonna suck if there’s shortages,

Shame there’s really no more daily newspapers (except for thin issues only few days a week), phone books or Sears catalogs

You could take a sheet of newspaper and crumple it up six-seven times and it made excellent toilet paper same with a phonebook page actually even better with a phonebook or Sears catalog,

Many people don’t remember but back in the day to use the bathroom at a gas station you would ask for a key and the bathroom would be on the side of the station,

Before you would go inside it it was wise to pull for a few pages out of the phone book at a pay phone for TP because most times there was no toilet paper, paper towels or nothing in it,

Stores by me still have brown paper bags, A brown paper bag cut into pieces crumpled up several times and then flattened makes good toilet paper, just can’t use much or it will block your plumbing

This seems like common sense but don't flush anything that isn't toilet paper. Not Kleenex, wet wipes, or cut up t-shirts. You don't want to be stuck at home with a clogged sewer pipe.

Not a tip for getting stuff, but one for keeping sane, LIMIT watching the news. No more than an hr a day, and 1/2 of that should be local. Fuck Fox especially hard, no one should ever watch that, but it spreads the Ohio virus, worse even than Corona, but f CNN and the rest as well, they are all more concerned with their agenda than factual reporting, they want ratings, so everything is SO bad, and they YELL all the time....depressing as fuck, like we need that, we need facts, we have them, we don't need to hear everything every ten minutes. Except maybe the younger "read less" generation, but even you guys, just stop. We know there is an issue, we know it sucks, we know what we can to to mitigate our chances of exposure. Keep abreast of local events as that is all that matters, to you. The gloom and doom is awful, it is real, but we KNOW, don't keep watching it 24/7, know, accept it, and do the best you can to keep you and yours safe. Watch stand-up, laugh, watch you-tube about anything you enjoy. Putter with your bikes. The news will only encourage you to learn how to tie a noose. Fuck the news.

^ Great advice. It reminds me of after 9-11 all the bad news really starts to play with mind and can put you in bad mood. turn some good music an chill.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

bond with your cat.

catch insects and hand feed them.

20200327_115907.jpg

notice the trail free skies?

Quit watching the news...………….get out and ride. Cheer up! At least take a nice walk every day.

We been taking walks every day, even in the rain, all 3 of us. its a highlight and with working from home being entirely on a computer it's necessary to move at least a little!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Same here

Stay the fuk home as much as possible.

Get fresh air often.

Finish fixing all of those projects.

Make goodly posts for folks fixing their rides.

ALSO

Contact folks you like and show some encouragement (even if it is just asking how they are) and remember to specially contact folks with kiddos, elders (fuk they can get lonely on good days) and also people who might not be doing so well because of physical or mental challenges.

Be nice to folks (even the assholes) and specially nice to folks providing front line service (their job blows at minimum wage PLUS now this virus crap putting them at high risk).

^^^Do what Rebel says. Fuk.

Yes if the rest of Canada has the same at attitude they should do quite well defending themselves from the American virus spreading North our army is doing its best at the u.s. Canadian border, there not sure why they're there but they're doing their best holding the border but there is a convoy coming from Ohio..,...

Pushrod Fifty /

I definately cut back on the news and take more walks and do yardwork in the mornings. Getting a grip on my project bikes.

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> I definately cut back on the news and take more walks and do yardwork in

> the mornings. Getting a grip on my project bikes.

Super Smart way to deal with the negativity.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I definately cut back on the news and take more walks and do yardwork

> in

>

> > the mornings. Getting a grip on my project bikes.

>

> Super Smart way to deal with my negativity.

Yeah must suck like he'll to have a Fox News go more truthful with some truth more so than it did last week

Pushrod Fifty /

My pandora is paid in full for the next year. Keeping the garage rocking.

I Wanna Be Sedated Now

Brad William /

One three gallon stainless steel pot of split pea, stew meat ham, garlic and parmasean and rosemary soup at a time. Finish it. Rinse. Repeat. Just dump the bag o peas and hand full of ham in. Slooooow simmer a few hours, add the rest, simmer another hour....eat a few days, rinse, repeat. Occasional multivitamin. Fresh tap water. I could do this for months. On my fourth potfull.

A little worried that beans peas and lentils are still stripped from the shelves. We'll see

Wait...did i mention how no fuss, no mess, no cleanup, no labor, no trouble this is?

For one batch i added Acini de pepe pasta to italianize it. Mmmmmmmmmm(edited)

Brad William /
gro_pid_4201459_z.jpg

Ok.

Split peas

Vitamins

Fresh tap water

....and lagunitas by the case.

Sainthood ain't my goal

i'm so glad we have rebel back - a very eloquent and reasonable and still entertaining response to most any topic

Dont listen to anything Don Ohio or fox news says.(edited)

He's a Russian sleeper spy was activated about 4 years ago

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account