Does this apply to you?

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It does to me! I’ve been self-quarantined for the last 20 years....lol.

47407B45-49AE-4BC8-BF28-4FE205773BF4.jpeg

Re: Does this apply to you?

Oh I understand all to well. very messed up body and I'm also my big brothers care giver( Parkinson's disease) so yea I understand.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I’m not a caregiver, but my physical condition has been declining over the last several years. The worse my knees and back hurt, the more I stay close to home.

Hats off for taking care of your brother. I don’t know if I would be able to handle a situation such as that.(edited)

If your knee's are bad you might look at replacement. Both of mine are after market HiPo and work great, I was up and walking four hours after the surgery.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

My orthopedic doctor already told me that besides a double knee replacement, there’s nothing more he can do to alleviate the pain and discomfort. My knees are just plain worn out from years and years of running on pavement. I was going to make an appointment to see him, but for the most part, all elective surgeries here in NJ have been put on hold until after the virus is under control.

Yes.

My knees were locked in one position an I couldn't walk for years, once all this over look in to it. Now is the time to do the research on who to do the work. Have you ever had your knees drained? It sounds nasty but it feels great afterwards.

yes and no mopedlar. i feel extremely blessed, ive skirted all kinds of crazy shit in my days. this pandemic hopefully wont effect me, ive played music out for 30+ years, so im hardly a recluse, and only slightly affected by it. being retired, music is chump change anyway.... im also fairly solitude and at peace. i do a lot of things that i enjoy on my own anyway. listen to critters, dance,hike,ride,moped,treasure hunt,paddle,fish,paint,pen&ink,create,gather food of all kinds,grow,maintenance shit of all kinds,etc.....all solo shit, however can be shared with others but not needed. knock on wood, this 61yr old body works pretty good, and gives me only a little problem. i call them growing pains, and they tend to go away with a new pair of reading glasses,pulled tooth, arch supports,antibiotic cream, ibuprofen,sunscreen, etc.....no major stuff...mopedLar congrats on your opportunity at grand parenting. its truly a blessing. Jeff it takes a special individual to be a good compassionate care giver, and i too commend you. we all are being tested every day, and hopefully all the years of education that we have received, finds us free from what appears insanity. be unaffected through accumulated preparedness, and a little help, and gratitude for it. mean people suck, and thats just about half of them. :)(edited)

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Jeff, I’ve had anti-inflammatory shots in both of my knees. I get about 3-6 months of relief after getting a shot. I have literally no cartilage left in either of my knees, so it’s bone to bone contact. I was told years ago that I would eventually have severe arthritis in my knees because of all the knee surgeries I had to have to remove torn meniscus’s. I’ve come to the realization that I should get the replacements done while I’m still relatively young so I can stay active for the next 15 years or so. I have a surgeon here in NJ, it’s just a matter of pulling the trigger.

> Jeff Parr Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> My knees were locked in one position an I couldn't walk for years, once

> all this over look in to it. Now is the time to do the research on who

> to do the work. Have you ever had your knees drained? It sounds nasty

> but it feels great afterwards.

As an introvert, i don't really feel any different than normal due to the social distancing/quarantine/etc. The only big exception is not seeing extended family. i'll still go for scooter/moped/bicycle rides.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I actively been avoiding ppl for decades...

Exercise and anti inflamatories. Bad knee and they highly recommended I have 3 disks fused in 1995 glad I never did it. Medical marijuana is expensive tho it does work 20x better than aspirin.

(sigh)

That's about right.....

Screenshot_20200501-053109_Facebook.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

Im kind of a loaner too, so no big difference, we arent locked down and Im working, but alone. Been doing alot of bike work, riding on nice days, and really only miss restaraunts and my beer nights out.

Since moving to France 4 years ago from the UK, I am pretty much a hermit! We've got a big enough property that I can spend my days finding 'stuff' to do. My boss put us on 2 weeks paid leave at the beginning of the confinement and I spent that 2 weeks doing so many jobs I never had the time for when I'm working. We've been back at work a month now, but it is slow. My wife is French, so she has friends and I get on well with them and their husbands when we get together, but the language and cultural differences mean I wouldn't class them as best mates. I keep in contact with my British mates on Facebook. I'm pretty happy to just stay at home and potter about the house and garden, play with my son and just generally chill out. My social life restarts when we go back to the UK to visit for holidays.

Pushrod Fifty /

Ive got a big social club going on in my garage, with some new members rolling in now and then, I have a rule that they all wear masks so I keep a roll of open cell foam around in case they lost theirs. They tell me about their alments, I try to bring them back to their youth but some of them have suffered from seizures at 50 but most just have a little dermatitus and run around in the hills just fine.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account