Posi vibes thread

I'm gonna try something here...

I can't go on FB with every single damn post being about covid and people losing their shit. I heard something the other day, it was actually the singer jewel, she said that in order to deal with her anxiety she thinks about something she's grateful for. Kinda cool, I'm not like a yogi or anything but I do some meditation and fux with some mantras every now and then, been trying it and it's nice. Helping me calm down.

So here's the challenge, post something you are proud of, grateful for, makes you happy. You can comment but first you gotta post a posi vibe.

I'll try to get in here and delete any politics, cold pricklies, bummers, neg vibers, harshing, or comments that don't start with a warm fuzzy.

Here's one to get you started. Naked Dave said to dig a hole, burn some wood, break some bottles behind the wa-wa.

Burned some wood, drank a beer, watched the sunset. It ain't much but if rather quarantine out here than a $10m condo in Manhattan!

IMG_20200321_193822.jpg

(edited)

Re: Posi vibes thread

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I’m grateful for my new granddaughter.

2550E263-9EE9-48BB-B872-7DF5CE853C31.jpeg

Love it when the smile for the camera

7AC3162E-6B15-4821-BE17-DEC843C0CF0B.jpeg

Grateful to be alive and seizure free for 2+ years,

that I regained full use of my arm and don't stutter as much since I smashed my grape open.

I'm grateful for a roof over my head, food in the fridge, and bikes in the barn.

Grateful to have this at the end of my street to clear my head;

20200322_094523.jpg

But most of all I'm grateful for my wife who puts up with me and has been by my side through every several week long hospital stay and bullshit test and every seizure pill that didn't work.

(And of course my dogs, who put up with the both of us.)

And you guys, I guess. ;-)

Be safe everyone and appreciate what you have, no matter how small or insignificant it may seem.

"Peace and loov, everyone! Peace and loov!"

602943705d5a600fb91daad51dda2b3a.gif

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Got this pile of junk late last year from a friend. I never took it off the trailer haha. Every time I pull in my driveway I see it and I get inspired to work on it. This bike does more good sitting outside on my trailer than it does buried in my shed.

F79413ED-293D-418B-9D89-FEF9AF52278F.jpeg

I dunno if it's good or bad.. basement flooded 2 weeks ago and I'm getting carpet in today. Hate doing carpet but it will feel good to have our rec room back.

IMG_20200322_112559.jpg

Oh and sorry I didn't explain this but any post that doesn't start with warm fuzzy will get deleted. You can comment on other posts but you gotta lead with your own good news so this thread becomes just a bunch of good stuff!

Congrats Larry!!

I'm grateful for this community, and for most of the folks who post here.

I've been here a long time, met a few of you IRL, done business with a few more, have learned a lot about mopeds, and had some fun and frolic.

Thanks for that. \m/

Overpriced Parts /

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Grateful to be alive and seizure free for 2+ years,

>

> that I regained full use of my arm and don't stutter as much since I

> smashed my grape open.

>

> I'm grateful for a roof over my head, food in the fridge, and bikes in

> the barn.

>

> Grateful to have this at the end of my street to clear my head;

DFD3100B-CA7B-499B-B95D-F0981F402711.jpeg

>

> But most of all I'm grateful for my wife who puts up with me and has

> been by my side through every several week long hospital stay and

> bullshit test and every seizure pill that didn't work.

>

> (And of course my dogs, who put up with the both of us.)

>

> And you guys, I guess. ;-)

>

> Be safe everyone and appreciate what you have, no matter how small or

> insignificant it may seem.

>

> "Peace and loov, everyone! Peace and loov!"

Same here! Same lake? I didn’t know we were neighbors:

8F34818D-D50C-41C3-8432-5AA8200AC3C8.jpeg

If you see this guy around your dogs when you’re at the lake You won’t have nothing to worry about:

D0ABFEBD-D28A-4E28-8741-C232D3615D4F.gif

Poutine reserves still holding up and it is a sunny day - how excellent is that...

Pantrystash.jpg
sunnyday.jpg

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

We’ve got our own beautiful waterways here in northwestern NJ to be thankful for. The Muskonetcong river is right down the street from my house.

7210375B-AFA3-41C8-8280-8DDA90784D7C.jpeg

(edited)

I was very grateful to get to spend some time with my little test pilot today....she had a blast on th e spree after the rain finally slacked up ..we have had rain 12 days in a row ...grateful it gave us a break for a little while

Brad William /

I've had clinical panic and anxiety since 1975. Almost hospitalized a couple of times. I'm finally a mix of resiliance and susceptibility, but with enough experience to offer a humble suggestion or two.

Recently when I felt some of the ol' dark-shift descending I made some committments to myself, for myself, and the sake of others. I will not hide from anything newsworthy or pertinent. I'll stay responsible. But I am ratcheting up a committment to unbiased and fact based news sources ONLY.

More to the point, in my correspondence with others, by phone, chat, forums, or person to person, I'm banning from my vocabulary words that have no purpose at all in the current place we find ourselves.

Panic, fear, hopeless, horror, darkness, terror, etc, etc. Fine words in a time and place to color our expression. But of worse than no use at present. In fact since i decided this i'm suprised at how easy it is to distiguish between the sense and nonsense when reading online content.

Try it yourselves. Make a list of the most negative words you can think of and purge them for the time being. Its NOT the same as burying your head. It's just a very small, and easy, contribution to everyone's mental health at this point.

With just this small constraint you may find yourself surprised at the direction your correspondence takes...for the better. I did.

Sorry for the bit of sermonizing here Graham(edited)

Just finished installing my carpet... Ugh it reminds me of painting a car, it so much tedious crummy work but in the end you step back and it's really nice and you feel good about it. Just sucks having to do it twice in one year because of the flooding.

Some folks aren't getting it: posi vibers only in this thread. Post something good and personal in your life right now or it gets deleted. If you want to comment you gotta post something first. Let's see if we can put out more good stuff than the threads that are just a bunch of bitching and moaning. See. I'm even following my own rule and leading the moderator PSA off with something in my world.

Ѭ ɞŦЯʚOluv Ѫѫ /

I’m thankful I have a job I can still earn and buy food with and for my bunker

Overpriced Parts /

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just finished installing my carpet... Ugh it reminds me of painting a

> car, it so much tedious crummy work but in the end you step back and

> it's really nice and you feel good about it. Just sucks having to do it

> twice in one year because of the flooding.

>

>

Did you powerstretch it or just kick it in? Did you you seam sealer on the seams? Was it hard to get the tack strip down on old very hard concrete?

I'm grateful for a whole lot, right now that my job is for the moment still open, I can't imagine not being able to have income....I have never not worked. But right now, I'm grateful I changed my life, 20 odd yrs ago I existed only to use the word party as a verb, had nothing to my name, was getting locked up on the regular, but stopped as I did not like how my life was going, I was miserable unless drunk and I was dangerous to the public at large, sobered up, actually have my own place, my DL in good standing, can afford auto/bike insurance, and feel as though I'm contributing, rather than taking. My job offers amazing health coverage, something I hope against hope I will not have to use, but I have it, as I can hold down a job that provides it. I'm grateful for the peace in my life these changes have brought me. I was able to take a few grocery gift cards to people in need this weekend, people I found on Nextdoor app? Most of you prob know about this, but my old fashioned ass just joined. It felt so good to help, to see gratitude in peoples eyes, 20 yrs ago I would never have been able to do or enjoy these things. I'm grateful my local grocery is staying ahead of the hoarding, there are a few things they lack, but the essentials are there. My hat is off to that whole crew, they are serving the community admirably. I hope this crud does not get me, but if it should, I can die in peace, as I have had a wonderful life. I visited my parents tonight, against my and their better judgement, we have dinner Sunday nights, I wonder if this worsens that I may not be able to continue to do so, but I call them every day now. They are very old, but overall healthy, so grateful for that. I just want to tell everyone here, even those that piss me the f off, that I hope the best for each of you, been on this site since almost it's beginning, I can't wait for it to warm up so I can get a bike or two out and ride....I so miss it, it is like therapy for me, and yeah, I have a scooter to master now. @ Graham you are in WI, maybe when this clears up maybe I will venture over there, looks like a cool place you have, would not mind meeting a mod. My best to everyone here, we are Americans, we are tough and smart, we can and WILL persevere.

Now that is some fantastic inspiration right there.

Glad you made it through and no doubt you're experiences will also encourage others to help themselves.

Good luck and be safe, my friend.

punkrock randy /

I’m grateful for all the hobbies I indulge in and how I am not kept from them because of this. Also very grateful that I’m still working, I feel for everyone who is laid off with no real idea when things will be normal again. I hope this helps everyone appreciate the monotonous and unexciting times that life usually is. You never know when things will change, so love and appreciate what you have in your life.

38A81635-9E81-43CA-829E-BF60AEFC872D.jpeg

Dirty30 Dillon /

I'm grateful to still be employed and busy, despite living in a shuttered metropolis.

Actually enjoying my WFH days and am enjoying hanging with the dog and fiance more, and getting a chance to work on some projects that i typically don't have the motivation to get into, a la my Solex and finishing the lambretta.

Not just building bikes here: I am also into my old hobby from when I was a kiddo - building plastic models. Goodly fun for me to burn through some time on the hobby bench and keep my mind on things less important these days.

34FordCabrioDone.jpg
39FordWagonRod.jpg
55FordPickup.jpg

This is what moped lar has to look forward to ....don't know of anything that makes my days better..my little test pilot at work(edited)

2020-03-23 10.25.57.jpg

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^I can’t wait for that to happen! I got a taste of it when my sons were relatively young. They used to ride my little QT-50 all around our property. They had a blast back then. Hopefully their children, my grandkids, will want the same opportunity to bond with their grandpa.(edited)

Just

IMG_20200324_093056_01.jpg

Having fun cruising around in the mountains with good friends.

Grateful I can still ride at 68 and have bikes that'll go the distance.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account