To all of those

To those that are trying to go by the guidelines to keep the virus from spreading i want to express a personal THANK YOU... by observing the guide lines you may be not only helping your community and helping keep your friends and love ones safer you might also help keep it from spreading worse to my area helping keep my family and love ones safer also just as those in my area might be helping yours ..it has no boundries..again..thank you very much

Re: To all of those

I'm glad you get it, some older people don't and that just makes them so much more vulnerable to this disease that is disproportionately deadly for older people. It's gonna be a tough couple of months

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

It’s really not disproportionally older folks getting the virus. 40% of those hospitalized have been people between the ages of 20-52. Underlying health conditions like diabetes, obesity, hypertension seem to be the common denominator with the majority of these cases.

Overpriced Parts /

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm glad you get it, some older people don't and that just makes them so

> much more vulnerable to this disease that is disproportionately deadly

> for older people. It's gonna be a tough couple of months

Maybe more deadly but 20% of 20-40 year olds require treatment and or hospitalization and some if they have underlying condition or heavy smokers, weeders or vaporerers could have real problems,

If you’re very healthy and have no health problems Death is rare till like in your 80s or you don’t get any treatment/wait too long to be treated also new data is coming out that people with type A blood are more susceptible so if I was a very young person or any person I would avoid getting the disease,

Treatments are coming just have to give it some time because usa was caught with its pants down because china had every rich person/globalist in it’s pockets,

I had the flu a year ago (the first time ever) and coughed for like two months afterwards and still have a little cough now and again if I go out in real cold air for a long time,

doctors are saying after you get cured of this COVID-19 you could have a cough up to five months later so Best bet is the avoid getting it,

The thing is we are all in it together young and old and need to work together to try and contain it ..no matter what state ,city or area you are in you might help keep it from spreading worse from your state to another and thats the only way i see it will be contained

Yes. You millennials, as much as you want the old folks out of the way, behave yerselves!

Like Ken said, it could be you instead, especially if yer weakening yer lungs with weed and vaping,drugs,etc.

Don please keep your bullshit out of the thread ..this is not about trying to stir an arguement ..just a message we need to all pull together ...

Thanks for the thanks. I've worked very hard to follow the guidelines and have avoided people/places since the beginning. Luckily I have an awesome wife with me and we're both following the rules.

However I have been arguing with people on FB who think it is ok to go out and "live your life" just because they don't think they will be harmed by the virus personally.

It is so sad to see how many people have no empathy. I have done what I can to get others to understand and am suffering by not going out myself.

No problem...…………,but kids weakening themselves is NOT BS.

Mild mods ..they can't understand it is not that they might not have a bad case of it ..it is about stopping the spread to slow it down and get it under control

I guess I'm lucky, I don't see it as "suffering" to have to stay in, especially in the winter, now, in the summer, I will be out riding, but by myself, and not to places like malls etc, just around like I always do, I'm a homebody by choice, big crowds freak me out, I have worked with the public long enough to really have no interest in being around most people, there are some decent ones, but the vast majority I could do without. :) Got cable, got pizza, got internet, have a nice view of the creek behind my building, and a 3 day weekend on my hands, no need to go anywhere. Now Monday I return to work and I'm grateful to be able to, so many have lost their jobs, I will not stay home from there unless ordered to by the county/Fed government, or unless I become ill. You need that money. Plus this little hairbag likes it when I'm home! :)

039.jpg

We just had the first death in Ohio, but sadly there will be more. I have been trying to stick to the guidelines as well as I can. I wish everyone the best through this horrible time. We will make it.

It is messing with my friday night schedule..we normaly go out and eat catfish on friday night ..this is 2 weeks in a row with more to come ..i might have to move to my place on the river and put out some trot lines to keep down the withdrawel symptoms

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I am a hermit by nature.

There's a house in the hood that is in forced lockdown.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Plus this little hairbag likes it when I'm home! :)

Nice cat!

This one isn't complaining either

IMG_20200225_143416.jpg

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> Don please keep your bullshit out of the thread ..this is not about

> trying to stir an arguement ..just a message we need to all pull

> together ...

Thank you for this as well as your OP.

I thought about the pandemic-denier from the other thread here on the OT as I was driving over to my GF’s house yesterday (the only place I go besides work and to get supplies). I saw a coffee shop—that has always had a reputation of being kind of “rouge” in all the backwards ways (didn’t get internet until a few years ago, because they wanted people to talk to each other. Consequently, they lost a lot of business, and finally yielded to the changing times). I saw that they were open for sit-down business, even though our mayor (a liberal Democrat, the city’s first female mayor, and the city’s first Mexican-American mayor) stipulated that they could not.

Our county has 7 cases, and the state has under 50 cases, but we are out west far enough from California where things are pretty spread-out.

That said, it’s not a matter of “if,” it’s a matter of “when.” An old guy I work with was recently hospitalized for flu-like symptoms. Apparently, his COVID-19 test is pending. If he comes back positive, we will no doubt be shut down, and all of us and our families will need to go into quarantine.

That’s how i’m “living my life,” as the now-popular pandemic-denier phrase goes—without panic, but proceeding with caution, heeding the warnings, and understanding that what I do effects others.

We are doing what we can..some might say it's over kill but my wife bought a small carry basket like you see in some stores ..she uses that instead of the store buggy ..when she checks out she has them place her items back in her basket rather than a bag ..that keeps down on the number of people handling the items plus it is said the virus can live up to 3 days on plastic...you never know if the store bagger person has been exposed and handled the bags or someone might have sneezed over the bag rack.over precaution is better than no precaution

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Plus this little hairbag likes it when I'm home! :)

>

> Nice cat!

>

> This one isn't complaining either

> >

Thanks, he's awesome, yours looks cool too, always liked black cats! :) Hang in there man, this will pass, I'm glad you are still getting paid, were I a bit younger, and more adventurous would consider moving over there when this is over, I love the old buildings and what seems a calmer way of life, though you can live like that here if you work at it, if you ever come to the 'states and find yourself in MN there is an insured registered bike for you to use as long as you stay, look me up. It's cool having you on here to get a "real" not from the news point of view from somewhere else. Be well.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account