Y'all like vintage vans?

I think they're neat. Want me a '77 Chevy g10 shorty.

Re: Y'all like vintage vans?

I drive one.....94 Aerostar extended van.

got a 78 dodge shorty I would sell. Rare factory 1 ton with dana axle and 8 lug 16" wheels.

shorty.jpg

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I drive one.....94 Aerostar extended van.

Typically, when folks are referring to vintage vans, they aren't referring to Aerostars.

I myself like them, but it's a mini van, which is not what the OP is referring to. Here in North America, a vintage van refers to the following:

Chevy/GMC G-van, 1964 (first gen) through 1995 (third gen)

Chevy Corvair van, 1961-1965.

Dodge A-van, 1964-1970, and Dodge and Plymouth B-van, 1971 (first gen) through 1992 (second gen).

Ford Econoline van, 1961 (first gen) through 1991 (third gen).

1950-1979 VW Type II vans tend to get honorable mention (though they usually get lumped into the VW category), as well, but US and Japanese mini-vans...They are in a class by themselves, and are not recognized as being vintage vans. Vintage mini-van--sure, but it is what it is.

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion you have as to where the Ford Aertostar lies on the van continuum.

How about Vanagons? Do they count? Here is my ‘82 I’m currently trying to sell.

35A741C2-A31D-4A71-9EC8-7B8A204C5F98.jpeg

Pushrod Fifty /

Had a 75 Ford with straight 6 and 3 speed flooe shift conversion. Medium length, Had double side doors. I did a ton of work on it, custom interior, and painted it. Did alot of travelling in it. Also had a 89 Dodge, the last of the flat fronted vans. Also had the double doors. I really liked that van, travelled every weekend it. 318 engine, purred.

It's gonna be 27 years old this summer...………...I'll call it a vintage van anytime.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> It's gonna be 27 years old this summer...………...I'll call it a vintage

> van anytime.

You can call it whatever you want to call it. That doesn’t change the fact that it’s a mini van, and therefore does not fit under the category that the OP was referring to.

aerostars are sweet!

A few of the moped crew here in CLE also run with the vintage VW van crowd, all the way up thru the vangons

Pushrod Fifty /

Its 1989 or older or else it's OT-OT.

> Will S Wrote:

> How about Vanagons? Do they count? Here is my ‘82 I’m currently trying

> to sell.

I would say they do, would love another, just can't afford the maintenance.

Here you can buy antique tags on anything 25 years or older...they were trying to get that changed last year but i don't think it passed ..they were trying to up it to 30 or 35...

Pushrod Fifty /

Aerostar vans were actually pretty cool, way better looking than other minivans. Try to find something like that nowadays. Saw a real nice Tradesman van this weekend. It was pretty mint, chrome and paint.

i've got a '95 econoline 350 that is just a work/farm/moto van, i don't think i would want a nice one because the whole draw of the van is that i can pretty much trash and pound on it without being worried about it. I pressure wash out the inside on a fairly regular basis.

the thing that cracks me up about the chevy's is they didn't change them, like, at all for about 30 years. i dunno what year the unibody G van came out but even a '95 chevy is basically a 'vintage' van if you swap the grille insert.

1971-95 for chevys.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> aerostars are sweet!

>

> A few of the moped crew here in CLE also run with the vintage VW van

> crowd, all the way up thru the vangons

I like aero stars. Best mini-van, iMHO.

> A Zed Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > aerostars are sweet!

>

> >

>

> > A few of the moped crew here in CLE also run with the vintage VW van

>

> > crowd, all the way up thru the vangons

>

> I like aero stars. Best mini-van, iMHO.

Buddy of mine had one with a 4.0 and 5 speed. Thing was fun

My buddy has this van with a 350 in it. I want it but it will take a lot of work to get it fixed right. But what an amazing bike hauler if it was fixed and painted. So cool.

1964CHEVYVAN.JPG

I've seen them pop up time to time, there's a running '66 for fairlane van here for around $4000, and this one too https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1494349494081881/

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> I've seen them pop up time to time, there's a running '66 for fairlane

> van here for around $4000, and this one too

> https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1494349494081881/

Ford made an Econoline van sub-model called a “Falcon,” but they did not make a “Fairlane.”

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> Its 1989 or older or else it's OT-OT.

The last Dodge second-gen B vans and the Chevy and Ford third-gen vans are typically what vanners recognize as the end of the golden era of vans, not the end of the 1980’s.

Please see my first post to reference the dates.(edited)

ohm have no idea why is says fairlane then., looks like he changed the name of the ad. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2839267549464334/(edited)

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> Aerostar vans were actually pretty cool, way better looking than other

> minivans. Try to find something like that nowadays. Saw a real nice

> Tradesman van this weekend. It was pretty mint, chrome and paint.

My Aerostar is in GREAT shape. Just saw a little rust starting to bubble in front of the rear wheel.

MY prejudiced opinion is they are the best-looking of all mini-vans. The new ones are BLECH!

Rear wheel Drive RULES!

Ok, cool. Ford Areostar's aren't even close to what this thread is about.

Okay, I'll desist. BUT, Aerostars RULE! LOL!

Weren't the old Chevys uni-body for a few years? I’d want a truck framed model, for sure.

Overpriced Parts /

> Seth B Wrote:

> Weren't the old Chevys uni-body for a few years? I’d want a truck framed

> model, for sure.

Third generation 1971-1995 and older were full frame after that no,

We had his and her’s blue/silver G20 conversion vans got from original owners that were almost twins in 1998-1999 mine was 1993 and my wife’s 1992, though they had around 70-80k mi on the 350ci engines we got great service life and both lasted to over 250k mi before rust and electrical gremlins did them in 2009,

My Wife got a 04 Dodge caravan with 60k mi on it to replace hers and it rusted out and had to unload it 3 years ago (other then the engine it was always a lemon)

While I got a used 2003 Astro conversion van instead around same time that had more on it then the dodge (second generation astro’s have beefier suspension, four wheel disc brakes and bigger wheels then first gen) and still runs good and only has a bit of rust on it,

Though it’s a unibody it’s beefier then any minivan and holds large mopeds with the back seat removed and unlike full size vans it fits in most underground/high rise commercial parking lots

0B1D2C6C-AB0C-4C71-AAC2-6D36E9016F81.jpeg

VINTAGE VANS

Pushrod Fifty /

Syraight 6 with 3 on the tree rules!!

> Pushrod Fifty Wrote:

> Syraight 6 with 3 on the tree rules!!

It's okay,but I liked the BULLDOG gear on a 4-speed.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account