Re: How is everyone spending their days?

I'd like to see more pics of the city as well, looks really cool over there.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Bas, it might be a good time to go fishing. Relax by the river while

> all

>

> > the crazies flock for toilet paper. Or take some long moped rides...

> get

>

> > some pics of your town, I for one love seeing the differences in

> cities.

>

> I would love to go fishing but at best it's around 50f outside and it

> rains a lot.

>

> I'll take some pics when the weather allows but untill then here's the

> line at my favourite coffeeshop.

> >

If that were in America, everyone in line would have their phone in face. I only see one guy at the end of the line.

I saw these at an antique mall and thought of you.

20200311_130424.jpg
20200304_200259_HDR.jpg

I wonder if there will be a COvid baby boom

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Wow, back to old school dealing for a few weeks! :)

Exactly 24 hours later coffeeshops are allowed to sell weed again because illegal drug trade exploded.

haha

i'm working from home today with my kids here

this weekend i cleaned up from my basement flooding last week, then i drug a bunch of crap out of my barn and used the skidsteer to stash the snowmobiles back under my lofted storage zone thing, after cleaning them up and getting them 'summerized' plugging the carbs and running fresh gas+stabil into the carbs.

my son and i cut a bunch of brush that got piled under snow last fall when it snowed early by surprise, and we tended the bonfire for a few hours. we rode around on the fourwheeler and the dirtbike for a bit. Ground is still frozen about 6 inches down but the top is mostly clear of snow, although its snowing right now, go figure.

my wife made lasagna completely from scratch last night and it was super yummy, after dinner we went out to the bonfire that was dying down and made smores.

We are definitely the 'lucky ones' living out here in northern WI. Got half a deer and four turkeys in the freezer, plenty of farm projects to keep us busy for the next however long this lasts, and my wife and i have good jobs we can do from home and we'll continue to get paid for the conceivable future. My company's stock tumbled about 45% in 3 days last week, however, so who knows... fingers crossed that cooler heads prevail and things settle down.

Haha. You're summerizing and i have to winterize ...sounds strange lol...no snowmobiles here .....

Overpriced Parts /

Bas Autowas Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > Wow, back to old school dealing for a few weeks! :)

>

> Exactly 24 hours later coffeeshops are allowed to sell weed again

> because illegal drug trade exploded.

Looks like a bunch of lemmings to me but I hate cities but ya at least no phone in face so six of one 1/2 dozen of another,

This is how I spend my days most times with nature in my rural simi-gated community That have several picnic areas with no one to be found because are young folk have the phone in face or playing video games,

90D7B486-8681-4158-9E8D-21C947867611.jpeg
2782C53D-ADB8-449B-9499-265F6687E6E6.jpeg

today was 50f and we had several days in the high 50s low 60s The lake didn't freeze over (it only froze over like 11 times in the 27 years I was out here) but most important days were dry,

But with gas around two dollars a gallon and only three shovel-able snow falls this winter with mild temps our ss/tuner car collection (all redone with new tires, suspension, brakes, tune and exhaust) are pretty darn fun on the twisty country roads that are still left out here,

2751AC3B-7145-458E-A672-6F2903AD3821.jpeg

Funny friend of mine from grade school, same age as me that made more money than in his life but is a cigarette and weed smoker lives in a 3 room apartment has COPD and has to take public transportation, so glad my money don’t go up in smoke,

But like I said six of 1/2 dozen of another, my addiction was being a dad/husband and Motörhead,

That waterfall is in the lake in your back yard ?

Overpriced Parts /

> Pops Peds Wrote:

> That waterfall is in the lake in your back yard ?

There is another one which is kinda like the lake spillway but the one in picture is Around 5-6 mi (20 min moped ride) away/same watershed, all are within my 150 or so square miles of moped riding area which is nothing for big kitted fast 2 speed puch bikes that can and do run all day,

C48C5EB6-16E7-409D-8E21-72CF97AF0404.jpeg

Looks like those parks are the place to be!

President Macron announced that France will be on border lockdown from midday tomorrow for a minimum of 15 days. Basically we can go get groceries, fuel or go to the pharmacy, otherwise we have to stay at home. You can go out for excercise, but you are not to meet up with anyone. My boss called and said we won't be working for quite a while. My 6 year old son is at home, as schools are shut. We live just on the outer limits of a small town, so we have countryside straight out our back gate. We have a big garden and the weather is looking great for the week. I took out a massive thuya hedge a couple of weeks ago and ground the stumps and luckily I picked up the new cherry laurel plants today to replace it before the lockdown. I've got so many things to do that I haven't had the time with work. On the downside, I won't be able to get back to the UK to see my mum who is currently on her second lot of chemo for ovarian cancer. We would be due to go back at easter, but I don't think it will happen and the UK government are going to tell people with underlying health conditions to self isolate for 3 months before the weekend! It's great video calling exists. My son is also finding it difficult. He is playing out in the garden and the kid next door wants to play chucking a ball over the fence, her parents are saying she can't and having to explain why to him is strange. It is also a strange feeling to be not going to work, but not being ill, but having to do it to stop people being ill. People in Paris weren't taking restrictions so far too serious, so Macron said it needs to tighten up now and police can fine you €1500 if you are out on non essential journeys or prison if you don't pay. Lucky I have enough house/garden work to last as long as I need. And I get more time with my son, which is a first since we moved to France 4 years ago.

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > Pops Peds Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > That waterfall is in the lake in your back yard ?

>

> There is another one which is kinda like the lake spillway but the one

> in picture is Around 5-6 mi (20 min moped ride) away/same watershed, all

> are within my 150 or so square miles of moped riding area which is

> nothing for big kitted fast 2 speed puch bikes that can and do run all

> day,

> >

Nice pics Ken! Good to see your your neighborhoods/countryside. Love those peds in the garage too.

Sorry about your Mom, Ryan. Hope this blows over soon and ESPECIALLY that yer Mom gets well.

I'm locked in my underground bunker. I am in such a panic I chewed all my fingernails off but on the bright side it makes taking a shit nice since I don't have tp. I dont scratch up my bum when I'm hand wiping.

Well hell. We are in a shelter in place for now. All my bitches are having to go on line for now, my bottom bitch is having to give on-line only hand jobs and the tips are way down.

^ HA! But it would be a great time to be a cam-girl..... Our restaurants and bars and "places of public amusement" close at 5 today, until I think the 27th? Grocery store closes at 10 instead of being 24 hour, prob the only way they can restock. That part blows as I'm a night person. I just hope they don't issue the national 14 day lock down, as that would hurt the wallet. But if it slows the spread I guess it's necessary.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

All restaurants and bars here in NJ are closed except for take out and delivery. It was strange seeing the local 24 hour diner closed this morning.

^ I think that's way we are going too, the diner I go to is not 24 hr, but I sure will miss it! :/

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> All restaurants and bars here in NJ are closed except for take out and

> delivery. It was strange seeing the local 24 hour diner closed this

> morning.

Same here, Take out, delivery and drive up only. It's a full on bummer but what ye going to do.

We had to clean out the restaurant today.

Luckily spring is upon us.

IMG_20200317_120729.jpg

Rick Bergsma /

I'm still truckin , crossing the border every day .

Not really doing anything different .

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Water pump on a 6cyl Subaru today. Such fuckery for such a simple part. Dumb.

FABE915A-3862-4AF1-86D9-91C6A0F251A0.jpeg

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

105 bolts of 11 various lengths, and that’s just in the covers.

DC633E6A-B970-4903-B6FE-0BFE691C6099.jpeg

Typical Japanese complication of a simple engine. Water pump locks up, and engine can be ruined. Put the water pump on the OUTSIDE,belt driven.

Brad William /

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> Water pump on a 6cyl Subaru today. Such fuckery for such a simple part.

> Dumb.

> >

Wow! I'm sincerely sorry you have to go through all that for the water pump.

I snapped a front wheel stud on my Civic a few years back. The moment it happened... well, the moment after I cursed myself for neglecting to use a little antisieze last time I was in there, I shrugged my shoulders and mopedded down to AutoZone for a new one. About a buck. All good. But hold on there champ.

When I crawl under to whack the broken stud back out I search and search, scratch my head, search again, felt like an idiot that I can't figure out something so simple, finally admit defeat and go online to the Honda forums for help.

"Can't do it"

WTF??

Well, you can.. but do you even want to?

Honda's front hub is, for the home mechanic, fucking unitary. Lugs are pressed in at the factory and then the whole is press fit in a way that blinds the studs from behind. The bearings MUST be destroyed to remove the stud. Buy a whole new hub or have the old one rebuilt at the dealer. Many hundreds of dollars either way.

For a broken wheel stud.

My Honda love took a real hit that day. Eventually macguyvered a press out of 1/2 inch rod, nuts, washers to rebuild it myself. Angrily.

But later my friend with a Subaru told me, just a little smugly, that on his vehicle the main body of the hub is cast with a single open space whereby you rotate the axle to align the space with stud, whack it out, replace, and get back to driving.

My water pump was a one hour job though. So I guess no car is that necessarily user friendly overall. (edited)

> Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" Wrote:

> Water pump on a 6cyl Subaru today. Such fuckery for such a simple part.

> Dumb.

> >

Holy shit..... at least it has timing chains vs belts, but good god..... are the chains replaced at the same time as the pump? I bet that job cost almost as much as the car is worth at this point?

I made a post about this new car nonsense awhile back. It got quite heated and people defended this stuff saying it employs mechanics, etc.

I firmly believe new tech is a good thing but should remain secondary to serviceability.

Then again I think we all came to the conclusion that this type of car building isn't really fitting with capitalism.

Shame - I just hate putting up with that nonsense and hate seeing others suffer as well.

Good luck, I hope the repair goes smoothly and works well for you!

People either lease cars or have been conditioned to think that you never get out of a repair shop for less than a grand, just part of owning a car. :/

Very true, it's how the other half lives so to speak. I've never bought a new car/leased one and do all work myself aside from tires/alignment.

trirkeiv.jpg

I got this running yesterday. Looks like it's sick and on an I.V. drip, lol.

I was very impressed to see the engine running smooth with no noises, and all gears working. I halfway thought it was junk.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account