Re: Covid 19 stats

like imagine seeing a car crash, driver's bleeding out, passenger gurgling up blood, and then you see someone in the back seat that's pretty much fine and just walking away like: that dude was fine, couldn't've been that bad!

Millions of doctors and clinical researchers all over the world: Covid-19 is a fundamental threat to human life

A few dozen surgeons and general practitioners on youtube: Well I don't think it's a big deal

Right wing dipshit on a moped forum: DURR PLANDEMIC FAKE LIB TARD SOY BOY HOAX MASK BAD

Jimmy Cincinnati /

my comments were not in defense of trump nor advocating for not wearing a mask. China needs to be dealt with in some form (hopefully as a collective of countries from around the world). Im not trying to paint a villain either i just want the facts stated that China is not a victim, and rather than doing the right thing they choose to cover it up for some political gain. Now with that said continue with the conversation.

Let me contribute here. As a man that feels this has been highly politicized for some greedy gain, i see only positive gains from mask wearing and believe the virus is real. Turn off the conspiracy videos and do you best to minimize the spread. also, please recognize that both parties are huge hypocrites and both are fueling their own narratives. Born i know you focus on right wing fanatical ideology but you have to know the democrats are also playing every angle they can. You're too smart to overlook their misconduct.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> my comments were not in defense of trump nor advocating for not wearing

> a mask. China needs to be dealt with in some form (hopefully as a

> collective of countries from around the world). Im not trying to paint a

> villain either i just want the facts stated that China is not a victim,

> and rather than doing the right thing they choose to cover it up for

> some political gain. Now with that said continue with the conversation.

>

> Let me contribute here. As a man that feels this has been highly

> politicized for some greedy gain, i see only positive gains from mask

> wearing and believe the virus is real. Turn off the conspiracy videos

> and do you best to minimize the spread. also, please recognize that both

> parties are huge hypocrites and both are fueling their own narratives.

> Born i know you focus on right wing fanatical ideology but you have to

> know the democrats are also playing every angle they can. You're too

> smart to overlook their misconduct.

I know, I just didn't want it to slip down that slope.

And totally agree this has been highly politicized, by both sides, which is painfully disheartening. Also you can call me will. vs born. since i'm will d. and I was born to be will d.

I don't entirely see myself a "democrat" but definitely progressive. The modern democratic establishment is a major disappointment to be sure. A lot of unenthused halfmeasures. posturing without follow through.

But I don't see them as the most immediate danger, and I see them most willing to incorporate progressive demands, which is maybe worth a little hope.

But in general it's always seemed like there's not much power we have, that things don't change much. When trump was elected I thought, eh whatever, what's the worst he can do - as a figurehead he's an embarrassment and definitely emboldens some really shitty assholes to be bigger louder assholes, but how much really can he do. and to some extent we've been lucky to have the checks and balances to prevent him from being more awful, yet still, he's wrecked some stuff - it seems he's really pretty strongly motivated by just destroying things. In the sense of appointing people antithetical to the operation of public services, intentionally making them disfunctional and then pointing to their disfunction as a cause to dismantle. This is true of trade deals and international alliances as well as domestic programs, every single one of which is in a worse place now than 4 years ago.

Or when not ignoring everything to fuss about TV ratings or playing golf, he's just personally focused on just upsetting the opposition without a meaningful direction or plan. And that's scary! But yes, definitely it's earned a much more acute focus on putting out the current dumpsterfire and stopping that from spreading, and less on squashing the embers that've always been burning us.

Very true, Trump has if anything set us back, embarrassed us on the world stage, to elect him again would just prove the stereotypes about America true. Biden might just be fit to stop the hemorrhage of our reputation, to show the world we see that we fucked up and are taking steps to correct it. I have my concerns about him, but not nearly so many as another 4 years of the current disgrace, I have said it before, I think Trump is unbalanced. Whether a real diagnosable mental illness or just straight up entitled asshole, he is not right. Not only not right for a leadership role where he has to take others views into account, but certainly not right to be representative of the millions of GOOD people in this country. (edited)

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot /

It seems that some who refuse to wear a mask are sociopaths. Their mere breath can cause fear, disease and death and this pleases them greatly.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> 30-32 dead in USA,mostly people over 80 yrs. old. That means 1 out of

> TEN MILLION people have died of it.

>

> Live your life. Quit drinking the fake news Kool-Aid. OR, just go

> go ahead and PANIC!

This didn't age well...

https://nypost.com/2020/04/02/hydroxychloroquine-most-effective-coronavirus-treatment-poll/

Truth not fear. We dont need lockdowns, masks, or a vaccine when the fix is already out there.

https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/covid19-pcr-tests-are-scientifically-meaningless/

It's easy to pump the numbers when the tests are invalid. The test is not capable of determining the difference between covid and any other novel virus aka a flu. Again, the rona is the flu.

You should really look in to where you get your news from.

I only read the NYpost one, because they are only slightly biased towards the right, and it really doesn't say hydroxychloroquine is at all a viable treatment for covid 19. It merely states that 37% of the doctors some polling company asked said it was the "most effective" of the things they used.

Please learn to read.

> T y l e r Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 30-32 dead in USA,mostly people over 80 yrs. old. That means 1 out of

>

> > TEN MILLION people have died of it.

>

> >

>

> > Live your life. Quit drinking the fake news Kool-Aid. OR, just go

>

> > go ahead and PANIC!

>

> This didn't age well...

Not at all considering almost 500x that many people died in a single day. Hard to live your life when you're dead. fucking hell that's tragic.

so your unbiased researched opinion comes from brietbart (well recognized as a heavily biased right wing propaganda machine) reporting about a fame-seeking opportunist doctor funded by the tea party patriots (a wildly biased right wind group)

OK. well, from that you've concluded:

1) It's the same thing as the flu and not important

2) it's easily treated by hydroxychloroquine (which has no effect on the flu, and incompatible with point #1 - so you gotta pick one)

3) people are not getting adequate treatment for other diseases during shutdown (this could be a valid argument for improving healthcare, but not a great argument against treating this pandemic seriously)

I understand you want to believe this isn't serious and want to go back to a sense of normal. We all wish that were possible. Sadly that desire has been used to lure people to a politicized denial

He's just trolling, and if he believes any of that crap why should we care, you can't fix stupid. If anything, such a mentality cries out at the sad state of education in this country, especially it seems south of the Mason Dixon... What is going on down there that people are in such denial of science? Not everyone in that area can be this dense, anyone with their head pulled out care to comment on why so many don't?

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> You should really look in to where you get your news from.

>

> I only read the NYpost one, because they are only slightly biased

> towards the right, and it really doesn't say hydroxychloroquine is at

> all a viable treatment for covid 19. It merely states that 37% of the

> doctors some polling company asked said it was the "most effective" of

> the things they used.

>

> Please learn to read.

Please refer to the other articles mentioned above. They are newer and proof that the treatment works. If it didnt work why would anyone be putting their reputation on the line?

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> so your unbiased researched opinion comes from brietbart (well

> recognized as a heavily biased right wing propaganda machine) reporting

> about a fame-seeking opportunist doctor funded by the tea party patriots

> (a wildly biased right wind group)

>

> OK. well, from that you've concluded:

>

> 1) It's the same thing as the flu and not important

>

> 2) it's easily treated by hydroxychloroquine (which has no effect on the

> flu, and incompatible with point #1 - so you gotta pick one)

>

> 3) people are not getting adequate treatment for other diseases during

> shutdown (this could be a valid argument for improving healthcare, but

> not a great argument against treating this pandemic seriously)

>

> I understand you want to believe this isn't serious and want to go back

> to a sense of normal. We all wish that were possible. Sadly that desire

> has been used to lure people to a politicized denial

First the cases were tallied by "flu like symptoms " so I'd say its similar to the flu.

The maker of the pcr test specifically says it's not going to single out the covid from any other novel virus, a novel virus is a flu like virus.

There are many other articles specifically stating that the hydroxychloroquine is 99 % effective against this virus. No need to drag this lockdown out and cause many others to suffer based on political agenda.

Why should I be biased on my statements if they help to solve an issue? An unbiased way of thinking and reporting is what the media should be doing but they wont even if it means killing innocent people to keep their narrative going.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> He's just trolling, and if he believes any of that crap why should we

> care, you can't fix stupid. If anything, such a mentality cries out at

> the sad state of education in this country, especially it seems south of

> the Mason Dixon... What is going on down there that people are in such

> denial of science? Not everyone in that area can be this dense, anyone

> with their head pulled out care to comment on why so many don't?

Not trolling just want this world to get the medical treatment it needs and push out the fear and misinformation on covid.

Also I'm not saying anything, I'm listening to practicing doctors working with their patients and seeing the results first hand. I've also asked my doctor and people I know in the medical field their opinions and what's really going on. That includes people in other states one of which being California in a major metropolitan area.

> The Dude Wrote:

> Also I'm not saying anything, I'm listening to practicing doctors

> working with their patients and seeing the results first hand.

lol like this fucking lunatic? yeah fucking right.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

some fucking anecdotes from practitioners on fucking breitbart, a right wing propaganda machine started by a self a proclaimed leninist- is not verifiable data.

“Lenin, wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” -Steve Bannon

Here's 10+ MD researchers who actually outlined their methodology and recorded it saying these quacks are fucking full of shit and not only can their outcomes not be replicated but they had an increased mortality rate.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2012410 (edited)

> The Dude Wrote:

> https://off-guardian.org/2020/06/27/covid19-pcr-tests-are-scientifically-meaningless/

>

> It's easy to pump the numbers when the tests are invalid. The test is

> not capable of determining the difference between covid and any other

> novel virus aka a flu. Again, the rona is the flu.

did you even fucking read this? Written by someone who is a) not a doctor or clinical researcher b) whose previous work attempts to argue the viruses DON'T EXIST. It is the worst form of if ____ then _____ fallacy I've ever read. The crux of it is that in his totally unqualified opinion the fact that the sars cov-2 virus allegedly, although he admits he his search was not exhaustive, does not have an electron micrograph image measuring it's purity then anything that tests for it's RNA sequence can't be accurate.

shut up and quit pretending like you read and comprehended any of this. We all know you just googled something that looked dense that reassured the viewpoint you already have.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

But what do you mean? If it’s on the Internet it must be true, right?

Just forget this dude. He has a paranoid personality disorder. You can’t fix that. He can get therapy and medication to help lessen the severity of his delusions, but he’s always going to be fucked.

^That's true, IF he believes any of that nonsense, I think he just gets off on pissing people off. Another troll just like the rest.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> > T y l e r Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > 30-32 dead in USA,mostly people over 80 yrs. old. That means 1 out

> of

>

> >

>

> > > TEN MILLION people have died of it.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Live your life. Quit drinking the fake news Kool-Aid. OR, just go

>

> >

>

> > > go ahead and PANIC!

>

> >

>

> > This didn't age well...

>

> Not at all considering almost 500x that many people died in a single

> day. Hard to live your life when you're dead. fucking hell that's

> tragic.

Exactly!^^^

And to think that he believes in a "judgement day".

A friend I know personally who is a clinical researcher at Emory who worked on the remdesevir trial and is now working on the stage 3 moderna vaccine trial sent me this.

Randomized control test of the efficacy of HCQ on 5,000 people showed that it is not an effective treatment nor does it block someone from getting sick that has been exposed but does not yet have symptoms or test positive

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.07.15.20151852v1

She did make the excellent point that the media is painting these results as hcq is dangerous when in actuality the results don't show it is actively bad for you, rather that it's just not effective and the people tested are not getting other courses of treatments hospitals might otherwise do.

So, don't wear a mask, take a drug that has not been proven to help, eat at Longhorn Steakhouse, ignore medical professionals that are very open about the lack of information/knowledge about this virus but are actually just trying to keep you safe and live my life? Did I miss anything? Oh wait, is injecting bleach still an option?

There is more stupidity in this thread than the Oval Office.

Put on a mask, wash your hands and don't be a fucking moron. Shit is not hard.

Todd S

"Put on a mask, wash your hands and don't be a fucking moron. Shit is not hard."

That is basically it. The problem is some people don't like to be told what to do. Those people think they live in a "free" country, where they can do what they want, so see the rules as something to rebel against. They are basically acting no better than an angst'd up, pissy teenager or spoiled little bratty kid. By not following the rules from multiple medical experts, then they deserve what they get, but unfortunately they are risking other peoples health too. There are some people in life that just can't cope with how life works, so they make up stuff to suit their views, rather than admit they struggle with acceptance. These people usually love a conspiracy theory, as they can't just accept the truth. Even if life was skewed, do they think they are going to be able to fix it in their own, single handedly? When someone starts on about fucking chemtrails, the moon landing being faked or 9/11 being an inside job, that is when I switch off.

Dude,

Go hang out at your local bar without a mask. Get into fist fights with employees that ask you to help society by wearing a mask. Please get sick and pass it on yo your family and friends. But please stay out of Arizona, I know enough folks that have been sick and almost died from this hoax. Maybe the troll population will start fading out.

for most of you hating the government, you sure do like to listen to them when they say wear a mask lol

The "government" actually said not to wear one for quite a while, the DR's were the ones who really encouraged it, why do you think every health care worker wears one?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account