Re: Covid 19 stats

The point is the media spins it completely differently and they say it's not "biased".

Trump wanted to shut down international flights from china and they called him xenophobic, the dems blocked his attempt to keep america safe yet its somehow his fault?

Not every fuck up can be blamed on trump, the media and the left's are gonna have to fess up for their mistakes.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Dude.......go away.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Merriam Webster describes you misanthropes accurately.

>

> >

>

> > In English, misanthrope (or its anglicized equivalent, misanthropist)

>

> > ) has been applied to many a perceived ANTISOCIAL CRANK, from satirist

>

> > Jonathan Swift to philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche

>

> Wait, did you just compare us to Jonathan Swift, Nietzsche and Gandhi,

> as a bad thing? aright, tight. and sure, I hate plenty of things about

> humanity.

Your reading comprehension gets an `F', Will. LOL!

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0993_article

Masks test conducted by the cdc stating they are ineffective.

Did you read the entire article? Because i did and is has fuck all to do with masks. It's about screening people upon arrival to a country and how effective a measure that is to stop an influenza pandemic.

Lol Dude.

You really should read before you paste shit.

Dude. The ain’t fucking rocket science. We can all pretty much agree that it’s an airborne illness. If you have any, common sense should tell you that filtering the air that you’re breathing HAS to have An effect on transmitting the virus.

What you’re using as a filter and how well it seals will determine how effective it is. It’s that fucking simple.

Stop being a Trump/fake news retard and Just wear a mask.

It's right at the top dummy

Screenshot_20200721-083524_InfoWars Official.jpg

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

Sorry, I was looking at several this morning, this is the one with the info.

Some highlights for yall in case you're unable to find it.

Screenshot_20200721-084213_Samsung Internet.jpg

> The Dude Wrote:

> The point is the media spins it completely differently and they say it's

> not "biased".

>

> Trump wanted to shut down international flights from china and they

> called him xenophobic, the dems blocked his attempt to keep america safe

> yet its somehow his fault?

>

> Not every fuck up can be blamed on trump, the media and the left's are

> gonna have to fess up for their mistakes.

Chinese travel ban is like the only positive thing trump's got. Success isn't getting one thing half right, then when it turns out to be insufficient just giving up and blaming all your subsequent failures on everyone else.

I do agree there's a lot of media focus on what an embarrassing shitshow our president is, an I think a lot of it stems from the fact that sooooo many people seem to STILL be blissfully ignorant of it, it feels like holy shit at some point these people have to recognize we're right and this dude is a fucking MESS.

Unfortunately as you point out this just entrenches his supporters, and they just plug their ears, whine about how "those media guys" are big meanies or cry "BUT OBAMA!"

"However, as with hand hygiene, face masks might be able to reduce the transmission of other infections and therefore have value in an influenza pandemic when healthcare resources are stretched.

It is essential to note that the mechanisms of person-to-person transmission in the community have not been fully determined. Controversy remains over the role of transmission through fine-particle aerosols (3,46). Transmission by indirect contact requires transfer of viable virus from respiratory mucosa onto hands and other surfaces, survival on those surfaces, and successful inoculation into the respiratory mucosa of another person. All of these components of the transmission route have not been studied extensively. "

They admit there just isn't enough data, something which is essential to meta-analysis.

I also believe meta-analysis can give very skewed views on subjects as you can set your own parameters. It's more helpful in my field of archaeology where almost all research is conducted in the same way, not so much in the medical field where you pick random papers that for a part fit your parameters.

Pretty awesome that you're finally willing to trust scientific research and experts.

Unfortunate and kinda shocking though that you'd just cherry pick it to find the results that "could be twisted into allowing the asshole right to claim a useless victory in your war against reason and objectivity..."

those studies looked at whether full time mask usage reduced contraction of traditional flu, what about studies investigating mask wearing restricting transmission of the current coronavirus? Studies showing that new cases dropped in places implementing mask mandates, or studies of closed groups indicating mask usage being the number one influence on reducing spread? If you want to read from the CDC, it's not hard to keep up to date, and if changes to recommendations scare you, pull up your diaper and try not to worry - they don't actually change much or fast. that's just some bullshit from political pundits who want you to ignore the recommendations and really just ignore the virus entirely- including their abysmal failure of a response to it...

If they worked why didnt they start the narrative at the beginning of the plandemic?

If cloth coverings worked they could have just said to wear them at the beginning, so was it a deliberate lie?

Its amazing how yall will trust one article from the cdc but not another that goes against the narrative.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> "However, as with hand hygiene, face masks might be able to reduce the

> transmission of other infections and therefore have value in an

> influenza pandemic when healthcare resources are stretched.

>

> It is essential to note that the mechanisms of person-to-person

> transmission in the community have not been fully determined.

> Controversy remains over the role of transmission through fine-particle

> aerosols (3,46). Transmission by indirect contact requires transfer of

> viable virus from respiratory mucosa onto hands and other surfaces,

> survival on those surfaces, and successful inoculation into the

> respiratory mucosa of another person. All of these components of the

> transmission route have not been studied extensively. "

>

> They admit there just isn't enough data, something which is essential to

> meta-analysis.

>

> I also believe meta-analysis can give very skewed views on subjects as

> you can set your own parameters. It's more helpful in my field of

> archaeology where almost all research is conducted in the same way, not

> so much in the medical field where you pick random papers that for a

> part fit your parameters.

I think hand washing and maybe a little common sense would be more useful than promoting something unknown. If you use common sense, and your relatively healthy your probably gonna be ok.

Not sure why they are making a big deal over just another flu.

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the process of scientific research and how it adapts and adjusts as mutated viruses are discovered and understood.

20200721_105026.jpg

> Potr zebie Wrote:

> You have a fundamental misunderstanding of the process of scientific

> research and how it adapts and adjusts as mutated viruses are discovered

> and understood.

> >

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Yes, I can cherry pick too!

So you've been advocating masks "bEcaUSe scEInce" and now evidence shows that to be unproven. You cucked yourself.

Screenshot_20200721-105201_Samsung Internet.jpg

Dude, please stop embarrassing yourself.

I didnt cherry pick anything. i highlighted the concluding sentence of the paragraph you originally posted to show your lack of knowledge on the subject.

My idea is ..right or wrong on wearing a mask is simple...if there is any possibility it might even if in some small way help from spreading the virus tgen it is common courtesy to wear one ...it is a small cost involved and only a small inconvience that might make a big impact..

> The Dude Wrote:

>

> Its amazing how yall will trust one article from the cdc but not another

> that goes against the narrative.

Dude. this is literally EXACTLY what you are doing... Except you're not even trusting the article, just a few specific cherry picked points from it.

Why did they change views? Well! 2 really obvious and totally sound reasons

1) we didn't have enough masks (blame whoever, we blew it). Don't want people stockpiling masks like they did toiletpaper when we didn't (and still don't in many cases) have enough for the people who most need them.

2) we learned! hopefully you can do the same, but as more research is conducted they can adapt the message to currently relevant recommendations versus anecdotal evidence based on past viruses.

But I'm curious what explanation you think there is. That they're trying to "subjugate the masses" by recommending a minor inconvenience which might not be an effective solution? A massive scale conspiracy at all echelons of the health services industry, with health professionals (the ones who aren't dying themselves or busy actively trying to save people) all abandoning their lifelong careers of medical research to shift to lying and enslaving people for the good of the government with cloth face coverings?

Or is it more likely that there's a global pandemic which we don't know much about and experts on these problems are trying to come up with the simplest most effective means to limit massive death tolls based on changing and evolving information (edited)

The whole argument has been cherry picking from one side or the other. When presented with evidence you simply deny it because it goes against what you want to believe. This is why I question all these people putting out their bullshit. Massive death tolls? It's still under the regular flu brainiac.

Dude, it's totally okay that you don't understand how the scientific method works and you are not able to comprehend scientific articles, you're probably better at fixing cars or applying drywall than me.

But for the love of god, don't use something you don't understand to make a point, just like i won't tell you how to apply drywall.

> The Dude Wrote:

> I think hand washing and maybe a little common sense would be more

> useful than promoting something unknown. If you use common sense, and

> your relatively healthy your probably gonna be ok.

>

> Not sure why they are making a big deal over just another flu.

You really are stupid. Washing your hands does absolutely nothing for something that is transmitted through respiration.

We’ve got 3 to 4 times the annual flu deaths From covid 19 so far and it’s only been around for 6 months, and it’s on the rise, in the middle of summer on top of that. Just imagine if where we’d be if we wouldn’t have shut down and been wearing masks, with the exception of the morons that don’t get math and common sense.

There’s no comparison to the annual flu. Stop watching fox news.

> The Dude Wrote:

> The whole argument has been cherry picking from one side or the other.

no, it really hasn't. It's a new pandemic disease we don't know a lot about. you can gather as much information as possible and make the lowest risk decisions. Or not.

> When presented with evidence you simply deny it because it goes against

> what you want to believe. This is why I question all these people

> putting out their bullshit.

Not denying it. just comparing and weighing it with all of the other information before and since

> Massive death tolls? It's still under the regular flu brainiac.

see above. covid19 is not the regular flu, it is significantly more transmissible, more deadly, and nobody has immunity or vaccines, and we're still learning how to deal with it. Why's that so hard to grasp?

But also - death counts are not under the regular flu, we're close to triple the worst case flu estimates, or 6x lowend of flu death estimates ... and that's WITH aggressively trying to minimize it, and in just a few months

Are you just comparing to global flu deaths per year, is that the only number you're looking at? all the while still complaining about other people cherrypicking to a specific narrative?!

...oh yeah. Just so you know, using the word “plandemic” in conversation reveals your level of stupidity.

We could get more testing to show mortality is lower. that would be useful. contact tracing to understand transmission. useful. being contrarian to pretend you're smarter than the average bear? not useful.

They uncovered 300 testing sites reporting 100% positive for Covid the other day. What's true? Certainly the testing is not accurate.

I heard Britain quit testing because of the fallibility of testing.

I heard Britain quit testing because of the fallibility of testing.

This is not in the slightest bit true.

Now fuck off you racist dipshit.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account