Covid 19 stats

30-32 dead in USA,mostly people over 80 yrs. old. That means 1 out of TEN MILLION people have died of it.

Live your life. Quit drinking the fake news Kool-Aid. OR, just go ahead and PANIC!(edited)

Re: Covid 19 stats

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Preppers have gone insane, and panic is really hurting the economy. I agree on that. But Covid 19 is just now ramping up, so it will get worse. I dont believe it is the next black plague but we also dont want to just ignore it either. Its a great time for regular people to get into better sanitary habits.

Re: Covid 19 stats

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 30-32 dead in USA,mostly people over 80 yrs. old. That means 1 out of

> TEN MILLION people have died of it.

>

> Live your life. Quit drinking the fake news Kool-Aid. OR, just go

> go ahead and PANIC!

Says the paranoid old man ready to shoot young, fast drivers of mercury marquis cars at the gas stations. Hypocrite.

Re: Covid 19 stats

Don, I like you as a person that likes mopeds. I ignore anything you say that I disagree with for the most part, you are entitled to your opinion. That's fine.

I think you are jumping the gun on this one. I live in Bremerton, Wa...it seems like everybody is sick. I sit on my porch in the morning when people walk to the Seattle ferry and hear constant coughing. I can't ignore this.

I take care of my 63 year old mother. I don't know what I would do if she died now

Not only would I need to find work, as I am a govt employed caregiver. But if it did happen would I really want to take care of other elderly people when a new disease we know nothing about is circulating? Putting myself at risk? Which really doesn't matter, I'll have to. Because I don't want to be homeless again.

The death rate is ranging from .6% in South Korea, to upwards of 3-4% in China. Even if this does mostly target the elderly, we could be looking at a toll in the 6 digits or more.

I'm afraid to leave my house man. To go buy toiletpaper.This isnt fake news this time. People are gonna start dropping around me anytime.

Still, I hope you are right.(edited)

Re: Covid 19 stats

Do you know anyone with Asthma?

Heart conditions?

taking pain medication?

Over 60?

had a regular flu in the past month?

The answer is obviously yes. It's pretty insane to think that because you're personally at low risk, and that documented cases are still low, that it's a nonissue. And it's also insane to lump those at risk into just "over 80 and having pre-existing conditions", because LOTS of things count as pre-existing conditions.

I have a friend in NYC who is a nurse caring for several patients there, for many it can be very bad, like tube in your throat constant medical attention heavy sedation so you don't pull out your breathing tubes bad. And the lack of preparedness means there are few supplies like masks that have to be reused and shared in different rooms. Add to that a lack of test equipment, so you don't know if it's pneumonia or covid, but the masks are used between rooms- so if anyone has it, everyone has it.

On top of that, that level of intensive care requires near constant attention. Almost inevitably the nurses will become sick, in large part due to the aforementioned lack of supplies - who is left to care for the critically ill? Then without being able to reliably test for it, patients must be kept in separate rooms. There aren't enough rooms and it's barely beginning. As cases increase makeshift hospital extension is likely which again ensures that anyone in the hospital (with whatever preexisting condition that led them there) will be at very high risk.

So as this gets worse, which it is, the ability to deal with it hits a critical limit very quickly and then could get drastically worse. It's not a minor thing. Of course don't panic, but wash your hands and pay attention. treat it with respect and for fucks sake stop trying to pretend it's not happening. All it takes is one overconfident asshat to go transporting it to a new community.

Re: Covid 19 stats

Pushrod Fifty /

Luckily here, the weather has been warm and dry, not many sick people like it was back in December. Best be smart about this and take precautions, it's a dark tunnel at point with no visible light at the end.

Re: Covid 19 stats

punkrock randy /

Definitely best to take precautions like washing hands and whatnot all the time. Way too early here to act like you’ve got enough statistics to open your flip phone and educate us Don. Give it a few weeks more and open your mouth then. I hear its obese smokers over 40 who also don’t fare well, so maybe you’ll fall into that category since you’re not quite 80 yet. And hopefully you don’t need to lose friends and family before you fall silent.

Re: Covid 19 stats

Dirty30 Dillon /

Don lives in the Fox News bubble.

I live in NYC and have a fiance who is hospital staff and this is VERY real. Schools, businesses and events are shutting down every day. The film industry is grinding to a halt in NYC.

Also, your math is completely incorrect. 300million people haven't been exposed to the virus. 1000~ cases are CONFIRMED, and 30 people have died... that is 3%. Exactly as the statistics have stated.

Re: Covid 19 stats

Brad William /

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/opinion/americans-tested-for-coronavirus.html

My VA medical facility serves a midwest metropolitan hub of over one million people.

I called a few days ago to inquire about covid testing. On my third, "I have no information to provide on that" transfer to various departments I was asked if i'd like my request placed with nursing staff for a call back

"...uh....ok"

Next day i get the callback from, presumably, a registered nurse in-the-know. Paraphrasing...

"We are currently testing those with travel exposure to certain areas and showing symptoms. And those cases are referred outside to the CDC for the test"

Me... "So you have no test available on site"

"No we do not. At this time the usefulness of results for wider testing are mute"

Me.."do you mean to say moot? MOOT? (i spell it out)?

"No (a little irritated) mute .. M U T E. The results are mute."

Me.. "Mute as in, whether such tests are useful or not is uncertain?"

"That's correct"

We are devolving into a third world country before our very eyes.(edited)

Re: Covid 19 stats

whether or not we can rely on water-filled ditches to protect against the virus really is a moat point.

Re: Covid 19 stats

Jimmy Cincinnati /

whether or not we can rely on water-filled ditches to protect against the virus really is a moat point.

Im sorry, but i cant let that happen. Someone needs to be concerned about Covid 19 infected gators.

Re: Covid 19 stats

3% of 350 million is around 10 million. That is almost the population of Ohio.

Re: Covid 19 stats

The people dying in Italy have been healthy 30 somethings.

This is real.

https://m.facebook.com/luca.franzese.5/videos/2836001859830912/

Re: Covid 19 stats

Hmmm, I guess working the zombie shift, 3:30pm to 2 am and generally being a homebody are finally going to pay off for me.... I shop in the middle of the night as I detest crowds, so nothing new for me. I think the media is somewhat out of control with this, granted it is serious, but like everything else they have turned it into ratings, not being informative, I can't help but wonder about the differences in how the news would have behaved reporting this 30 yrs ago vs today? Plus, many people, myself included, are so turned off by the news as to not ever watch it, or if forced to put 0 faith in anything they say. Sadly what convinced me that this is a big deal is the NBA canceling the season, you mess with pro-sports in America, it's a big problem. The U of M is suspending "face to face" classes....I had to laugh, not that they are doing that, makes total sense, but because that is a "thing" face to face used to be the only way school was! :) I'm not panicking, but I'm being aware, but that is how I live anyway.

Re: Covid 19 stats

> Brad William Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/12/opinion/americans-tested-for-coronavirus.html

>

> My VA medical facility serves a midwest metropolitan hub of over one

> million people.

>

> I called a few days ago to inquire about covid testing. On my third, "I

> have no information to provide on that" transfer to various departments

> I was asked if i'd like my request placed with nursing staff for a call

> back

>

> "...uh....ok"

>

> Next day i get the callback from, presumably, a registered nurse

> in-the-know. Paraphrasing...

>

> "We are currently testing those with travel exposure to certain areas

> and showing symptoms. And those cases are referred outside to the CDC

> for the test"

>

> Me... "So you have no test available on site"

>

> "No we do not. At this time the usefulness of results for wider testing

> are mute"

>

> Me.."do you mean to say moot? MOOT? (i spell it out)?

>

> "No (a little irritated) mute .. M U T E. The results are mute."

>

> Me.. "Mute as in, whether such tests are useful or not is uncertain?"

>

> "That's correct"

>

> We are devolving into a third world country before our very eyes.

^ Been saying this for years!

Re: Covid 19 stats

Brad William /

here you go

http___com.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws.png

Re: Covid 19 stats

***Kim Jong illest*** /

> D dB Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The people dying in Italy have been healthy 30 somethings.

>

> This is real.

>

> https://m.facebook.com/luca.franzese.5/videos/2836001859830912/

Too bad I don't speak italian?

Re: Covid 19 stats

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah the wonderful communist China just announced if we start producing our own drugs in the states they’re going to cut us off almost immediately!

Why are these globalists idiots (pretty much everybody that are millionaires or billionaires in the house) depending on China now, I don’t know what to

to say,

We get 80% of our drugs and or materials for for prescription drugs from the communist regime that has no human rights and lately forced everybody to go to work or they will be killed, when they make plenty of money from organ donations from political prisoners and Muslims that are getting retraining,

You can get an organ in three days in a China no waiting period like you half to have in the United States! (Though the call back and problems is 95% so you’re still end up being dead)

If we start producing drugs or anything toward Prescription drugs china communist regime will cut us off they said today,

So now we have to do it in top-secret because that evil regime that tricky Dick initiated trade (with his 200 some globalists in 1972) with red china,

Drugs or materials for for prescription drugs because they’re holding us hostage,

I’ve been preaching the stuff for years, (don’t buy from China ever)

The most evil evil regime ever known to mankind is red China which killed 30 to 40,000,000 people in 1959 and millions more!

Russia is nothing compared to them,

I am so happy I don’t live on any of the coast and have to depend on public transportation, because I have several cars and several bikes and could go to farmers markets and none of these overpopulation everything,

I feel so sorry for the rest of the United States,

The only reason why CIA can’t put a bullet the the China Commies leader head is because all the rich are making a fortune out of people being chained to machines and forcing The population to eat everything including wild animals because they are starving,

I almost wish it was 1940s again, all these phone people in face are dumb as a box of rocks!

Because history will repeat itself if you let it,

So when your phone is in your face and in your mothers basement and she don’t answer then you have to fend for yourself,

Ya it’s Awful this nutcase new generation!

most could could make a living off the land including today, I was hunting for moral mushrooms today And found a few when these young folks weren’t even awake

From my understanding it’s like 3 to 1 ratio To the new generation to the old generation knowing what’s up,

I protect my family and my grandkids,

Most people can’t even take care of themselves it’s funny, I take care of two generations below me and a generations above me,

Re: Covid 19 stats

***Kim Jong illest*** /

Don you dumb fucking piece of shit

10000 confirmed cases in italy

900 deaths

Even someone as dumb as you can do the simple math and see that means the mortality rate there is 9%

That's ROUGHLY 1 out of 10 you shit spewing fucking moron.

Oh, but that's Italy I can hear you saying, we are far ahead of Italy healthwise in america.

No don, you fucking stupid idiot. America has a 45% obesity rate. Some of the highest rates of diabetes, heart disease, copd, asthma, and high blood pressure. All the things Italy has only me moderate levels of.

All of those things are the "underlying conditions" that are killing people from this virus.

This virus hasn't even began to start yet here in the us. This is nothing. Wait just a few more days. Viral doubling has a 6 day cycle. A month from now, you'll probably be dead don.

Re: Covid 19 stats

> ***Kim Jong illest*** Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Don you dumb fucking piece of shit

Re: Covid 19 stats

Over here all events with more than 100 attendees have been cancelled this month, high schools and colleges are closed and from the looks of it all bars and restaurants will be closed soon.

At my work the phone has been ringing all night with people cancelling their reservations.

Pretty severe effects of fake news...

Re: Covid 19 stats

Brad William /

Why are these globalists idiots (pretty much everybody that are millionaires or billionaires in the house) depending on China now, I don’t know what to to say,

Yeah. Those pesky damn political elite globalists. fuck. Damn Koch suckers

main-qimg-298de2de34881b1c4e5e64fbfa834cc2-c.jpg

Re: Covid 19 stats

Brad William /

When are we gonna wake up from the stupid-inducing blue glow of fox news to the fact that trump and his ilk are fattening up the stock market (with y'allz 401ks, savings, and investments) and fleecing you once again. Yeah. Who do you suppose looses the most fleece every one of these cycles? Under whose watch have the last few cycles hit you? Eh? Covid19 is only the proximate cause of this. It is not

THE cause. It's a catalyst. All the over valued sky-is-the-limit stock market needed to crash back to reality was a catalyst like this. It could, would, have been something else within the next two years.

Trump is like a teenager with his dad's lawnmower. Hey lookit this! A governor! Pull it off and look how fast it goes! Lookit eveybooddy!!! It's screaming along!!!! Look!!! I did that!!! I'm making it scream! That's me doing that! No one else could have done that!

Re: Covid 19 stats

Its O.K. Don, you are right and the entire world is wrong......not!

Re: Covid 19 stats

Forget about THIS already?

How many of you even remember the swine flu 2009, 2010? I remember we had it. But I don’t remember any panic about it. I don’t remember a thing about the swine flu.

I went back and looked at the stats and I was stunned. Are you ready for this?

The swine flu outbreak in this country in 2009 and 2010, 60 million Americans were infected.

Now, 300,000 were hospitalized!Do you remember that? Sixty million were infected. Dr. Siegel, one of the Fox doctors was on TV explaining this last night.

The reason being you don't remember it IS the Dems were in power...………..(why didn't panic break out?) the fake news left it alone and Republicans didn't try to make hay out of it.

But now they find advantage in panicking poor Kool-Aid drinkers across this great land.

Hmmmmmmmmmm?

LIVE your life.

Re: Covid 19 stats

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Forget about THIS already?

>

> How many of you even remember the swine flu 2009, 2010? I remember we

> had it. But I don’t remember any panic about it. I don’t remember a

> thing about the swine flu.

>

> I went back and looked at the stats and I was stunned. Are you ready for

> this?

>

> The swine flu outbreak in this country in 2009 and 2010, 60 million

> ion Americans were infected.

>

> Now, 300,000 were hospitalized!Do you remember that? Sixty million

> on were infected. Dr. Siegel, one of the Fox doctors was on TV

> explaining this last night.

>

> The reason being you don't remember it IS the Dems were in

> in power...………..(why didn't panic break out?) the fake news left it

> alone and Republicans didn't try to make hay out of it.

>

> But now they find advantage in panicking poor Kool-Aid drinkers across

> s this great land.

>

> Hmmmmmmmmmm?

>

> LIVE your life.

And you wonder why people make fun of you. Fox kool-aid drinker. Being ignorant is one thing, but boasting about it is unforgettable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-sars-swine-flu-mers-zika-2020-3%3famp(edited)

Re: Covid 19 stats

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Forget about THIS already?

>

> >

>

> > How many of you even remember the swine flu 2009, 2010? I remember

> we

>

> > had it. But I don’t remember any panic about it. I don’t remember a

>

> > thing about the swine flu.

>

> >

>

> > I went back and looked at the stats and I was stunned. Are you ready

> for

>

> > this?

>

> >

>

> > The swine flu outbreak in this country in 2009 and 2010, 60 million

>

> > ion Americans were infected.

>

> >

>

> > Now, 300,000 were hospitalized!Do you remember that? Sixty million

>

> > on were infected. Dr. Siegel, one of the Fox doctors was on TV

>

> > explaining this last night.

>

> >

>

> > The reason being you don't remember it IS the Dems were in

>

> > in power...………..(why didn't panic break out?) the fake news left it

>

> > alone and Republicans didn't try to make hay out of it.

>

> >

>

> > But now they find advantage in panicking poor Kool-Aid drinkers across

>

> > s this great land.

>

> >

>

> > Hmmmmmmmmmm?

>

> >

>

> > LIVE your life.

>

> And you wonder why people make fun of you. Fox kool-aid drinker. Being

> ignorant is one thing, but boasting about it is unforgettable.

>

> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-sars-swine-flu-mers-zika-2020-3%3famp

Reuters story Feb.12th,2010:

So the FORGOTTEN swine flu got the young, 84 million cases, 1,800 children dead, 300,000 total infected, 13,000 adults. That’s a February 12th, 2010, archives at Reuters. Seventeen thousand Americans dead. We don’t have 17,000 people dead worldwide from the coronavirus.

Because Obomber was in power, the fake news left him alone when he presided over all these flu deaths. See the contradiction? Nah, evil, you can't see anything.

Folks, ignore fake news, don't panic, and `live your life'.

Re: Covid 19 stats

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Forget about THIS already?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > How many of you even remember the swine flu 2009, 2010? I remember

>

> > we

>

> >

>

> > > had it. But I don’t remember any panic about it. I don’t remember a

>

> >

>

> > > thing about the swine flu.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > I went back and looked at the stats and I was stunned. Are you ready

>

> > for

>

> >

>

> > > this?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > The swine flu outbreak in this country in 2009 and 2010, 60 million

>

> >

>

> > > ion Americans were infected.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Now, 300,000 were hospitalized!Do you remember that? Sixty million

>

> >

>

> > > on were infected. Dr. Siegel, one of the Fox doctors was on TV

>

> >

>

> > > explaining this last night.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > The reason being you don't remember it IS the Dems were in

>

> >

>

> > > in power...………..(why didn't panic break out?) the fake news left it

>

> >

>

> > > alone and Republicans didn't try to make hay out of it.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > But now they find advantage in panicking poor Kool-Aid drinkers

> across

>

> >

>

> > > s this great land.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Hmmmmmmmmmm?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > LIVE your life.

>

> >

>

> > And you wonder why people make fun of you. Fox kool-aid drinker. Being

>

> > ignorant is one thing, but boasting about it is unforgettable.

>

> >

>

> >

> https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-compared-to-sars-swine-flu-mers-zika-2020-3%3famp

>

> Reuters story Feb.12th,2010:

>

> So the FORGOTTEN swine flu got the young, 84 million cases, 1,800

> 800 children dead, 300,000 total infected, 13,000 adults. That’s a

> February 12th, 2010, archives at Reuters. Seventeen thousand Americans

> dead. We don’t have 17,000 people dead worldwide from the coronavirus.

>

> Because Obomber was in power, the fake news left him alone when he

> he presided over all these flu deaths. See the contradiction? Nah, evil,

> you can't see anything.

>

> Folks, ignore fake news, don't panic, and `live your life'.

However, both of those illnesses were far more contained than COVID-19. "It has been more widespread than SARS and MERS. The coronavirus outbreak is more severe than the 2009 outbreak of H1N1, or swine flu. That illness infected between 700 million and 1.4 billion people worldwide but only had a mortality rate of 0.02%.

Do you really think that this is the end of it? Do you not think that there will be more deadly strains in the near future?

DoNoHiOiSfAkE(edited)

Re: Covid 19 stats

We're talking swine flu here buddy! 17000 deaths in 2009-2010. There aren't that many infected with corona yet.

Get real and quit inciting panic. Live your life!

Only one in ten million has died in this country. THINK about it.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account