Stephen Keller? What's this?

51,400 gun permits obtained in Minnesota last year? Someone getting ready to grab your guns?

Re: Stephen Keller? What's this?

On time I had cracked my tibia bone falling from a top of a little shed. When I got to work the next week a co-worker asked me what happened, and for some reason accidentally I said "I broke my labia", I never heard the end of it. (edited)

Not that I'm aware of, way too many hunters here for that to fly. I have noticed a lot of ads for conceal/carry classes of late. There has been an uptick in crime, especially on busses and the train, perhaps more people are taking steps to defend themselves?

Here we go with another political thread with some never ending bullshit argument.

Might be, but I figured must be a law coming to try to curb new registrations. It's been on the uptake for a while.

Figured you might know. Yeah,crime goes up, people want to protect themselves.Can't blame em.

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Here we go with another political thread with some never ending bullshit

> argument.

Yer gonna get another headache,Brandon. Stop reading right now.

The only people who do this shit are far right morons and pseudo-intellectuals looking to "flex" their knowledge.

We need to be informed about this BLUE STATE gathering more registered guns. We need to understand it. Stephen said crime, and I believe that.

I have heard of no laws to curb registrations, and hope not to! people here are pretty law abiding, so maybe just people doing the right thing and registering their weapons, I don't presently own any guns, so not really been paying attention, but as I said lots of hunters here, no way is anyone going to be limiting/taking any guns here. Crime on the transit system has really gone up, so maybe people are getting more carry permits?

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> 51,400 gun permits obtained in Minnesota last year? Someone getting

> ready to grab your guns?

Why the hell are you worried about that, when even more were issued in 2018? Running out of kool-aid to drink are ya? (edited)

Remember to NEVER wash your hands, Don.

Coronavirus is a hoax.

donohiotroll.jpg

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Is 51,400 high for that state? The state has 5.6 million citiziens (2018), it honestly does not sound excessive to me as that still does not constitute for even 1% of the population. Of that 51,400, was any of that renewals or is that all new licensee's?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

The only people who do this shit are far right morons and pseudo-intellectuals looking to "flex" their knowledge.

People are scared that ammo will dissapear like it did before last election. You couldn't find .22 ammo or any hand gun ammo. Shelves were bare.

> Brandon Love Wrote:

> The only people who do this shit are far right morons and

> pseudo-intellectuals looking to "flex" their knowledge.

fuck.

More people have guns, there is more crime, no correlation whatsoever.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> Is 51,400 high for that state? The state has 5.6 million citiziens

> (2018), it honestly does not sound excessive to me as that still does

> not constitute for even 1% of the population. Of that 51,400, was any of

> that renewals or is that all new licensee's?

We're talking householders here, Jimmy, not each man,woman, or child. And yes, it's been increasing lately. I can go back to the article and get more facts.

some neat statistics:

-americans own more than 1/3 of all the guns in the world

-there are more guns than people in the US (~1.2:1 ratio)

-meanwhile less than a third of all people own guns. that means those who do have guns, have a few!

-gun owners are predominantly older white men: men are almost twice as likely as women to own a gun, persons over 50 are more likely than those under 30 to own a gun, and people in rural areas are more likely to own guns than those in urban areas.

-republicans are twice as likely to own a gun as democrats (maybe this relates more to the last statistics - causation/correlation)

-US is the 10th in gun-related deaths per person (12/100,000 per year) in the world, higher than places with active wars and conflict.

-Most of the other top 10 are central American countries with heavy gang-related violence, or small countries with internal conflict.

-USA leads the world in suicides by gun, with over 3x the suicide by gun rate of other countries in the top 10.

-guns are fun to go pop pop pop

-guns do not make you safer and you do not need guns

we have several guns in my house ..i don't hunt any more but i have a grandson that does ...he has his for hunting which is a way of life for us ....we stock up on meat by hunting and fishing ...that saves money off the gtocery bill

Who the fuck cares? Have some Lunachicks.

I realy don't care if you like guns or not. I find the people who want to ban or take away are the same people that do not know how to handle a firearm. People get scared and intimidated by things they don't know about or understand. Take it or leave it but my guns are staying with me.

No one cares about your guns and half-baked political bullshit.

willD said: ` gun owners are predominantly older white men: men are almost twice as likely as women to own a gun, persons over 50 are more likely than those under 30 to own a gun, and people in rural areas are more likely to own guns than those in urban areas.

-republicans are twice as likely to own a gun as democrats (maybe this relates more to the last statistics - causation/correlation)

This means that a white guy,a republican, over 50 and a farmer is more likely to rescue you if you're attacked or your FAMILY is attacked while you cower and obey the gun-wielder as he reloads to take YOU out.

Remember, when seconds count, the police are only minutes awayyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Iam not Caucasian or Republican, I live in the suburbs of a city but definitely keeping my guns. Better to have and not need it than to need it and not have it. That said, I seldom carry it on my person anymore their usually in a closet but ready to go. (edited)

I don't feel the need for a gun, but I'm glad I have the ability to have one should I choose to.

Don't worry, Stephen. According to Will's stats, me or someone like me will be there to stop the shooting.

I would still recommend you carry though.

If I lived in certain parts of the city I would consider it, but I don't, and have no business over there, so I don't. It's quite a responsibility to be walking around with a loaded gun, that's not something I have any interest in taking on.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account