Re: She back baby

Born to be WillD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I intended to keep the fuel injector but currently it's on the carb. I couldn't get the wiring right for the FI system without spending either a bunch of time or money, so I got it carbed for now while I tackle the wiring in the meantime. It's a sever dozens of wires, rearranging clips and rebuilding connectors etc so I don't think I can make a quick go of it. I am OK with wiring but even with instructions this seems pretty heavy, It always seems like there are more rewarding things i can waste my time on.

As for the VW diesel swap, I got this tracker motor for free so that sealed the deal pretty quick. Also I commute this thing a lot, I'm not sure I need monster torque offroad, it's already pretty low geared and I like that it's super light, I can pretty much lift the entire motor by myself. I know people do the TDI swaps but the tracker one's really straghtforward (well turns out not really, but still much more so than the TDI) and I've never swapped any engines before, relatively novice when it comes to cars so I went with the kstar instead of running a gila

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account