1977 puch maxi

Hi all, I am from Australia where the market for these items Is quite limited! I stumbled across this moped a few months back and i am led to believe it if 100% original apart from spark plug. It’s in quite rough condition however I was wondering how much would something like it be wort in current condition and would it be worth restoring?

90DF84C8-3354-4316-8179-4E703EAB5D1A.jpeg

Re: 1977 puch maxi

That looks like a great bike, maybe worth 2-300usd, I don't know what that amounts to in Kangaroo dollars.

Also, you can post this in General.. It's about mopeds so It's on topic.

I'm jealous of your find, looks like it is worth fixing.

Ya, this is the off topic section, which is for most anything but mopeds.

Ken Roff can tell you all about Puch, the differences, the best ones and the cheap ones.

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ya, this is the off topic section, which is for most anything but

> mopeds.

>

> Ken Roff can tell you all about Puch, the differences, the best ones and

> the cheap ones.

Ken Roff doesn't know what the Australian market is like, none of us do really. I would repost on the general forum and hope a fellow Aussie sees it and can give you a better idea of the market than we can

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Ya, this is the off topic section, which is for most anything but

>

> > mopeds.

>

> >

>

> > Ken Roff can tell you all about Puch, the differences, the best ones

> and

>

> > the cheap ones.

>

> Ken Roff doesn't know what the Australian market is like, none of us do

> really. I would repost on the general forum and hope a fellow Aussie

> sees it and can give you a better idea of the market than we can

I dont think the parts used in Australia were any different than the rest of the planet.

For instance; that Puch has the narrow wheels, lightweight forks, rigid frame with no rear shocks......

Also, rather than clutter up the forums with multiple posts on the same topic, ask a moderator to move this to the "general" forum.(edited)

it's probably worth close to what you paid for it.

there's alot more of the hondas around there I believe, different laws didnt favor mopeds as much. But also the relative scarcity while it drives down the supply side of the supply/demand curve, it likely also diminishes the demand side - here theres a lot of interest from nostalgia etc. At least when it comes to selling nice bikes in good condition, its often people who used to have one or have fond memories. The rest of us got into it cuz they're cheap and funny - and if you dont have the "collector" market, youre stuck with the cheap and funny market - and we dont pay much...

> live ɘvil Wrote:

> I dont think the parts used in Australia were any different than the

> rest of the planet.

>

> For instance; that Puch has the narrow wheels, lightweight forks, rigid

> frame with no rear shocks......

>

> Also, rather than clutter up the forums with multiple posts on the same

> topic, ask a moderator to move this to the "general" forum.

That's not what I'm saying, of course Puch used the same parts on the same bikes they sold everywhere else. What I'm saying is prices vary pretty wildly in the US for used mopeds depending on where you are. We don't know what the prices are like for used bikes in Australia cause we live in America and don't look for bikes there

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> > live ɘvil Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I dont think the parts used in Australia were any different than the

>

> > rest of the planet.

>

> >

>

> > For instance; that Puch has the narrow wheels, lightweight forks,

> rigid

>

> > frame with no rear shocks......

>

> >

>

> > Also, rather than clutter up the forums with multiple posts on the

> same

>

> > topic, ask a moderator to move this to the "general" forum.

>

> That's not what I'm saying, of course Puch used the same parts on the

> same bikes they sold everywhere else. What I'm saying is prices vary

> pretty wildly in the US for used mopeds depending on where you are. We

> don't know what the prices are like for used bikes in Australia cause we

> live in America and don't look for bikes there

And I wasn't accessing a dollar value. I was accessing a quality value based on a model or factory parts. Not all Puchs are created equal. The pictured Puch is a bottom of the line model and Ken could rattle off all the differences and how to improve it.(edited)

Also later eruo puchs vs US you do have differences even on the same "model", 3 bearing case, reverse cut gears etc.

Bjarne Sorensen /

Here in Denmark a Puch Maxi in that condition, is easily priced around 4.000 DKr. or more.

So around 900 AUD.

I think it would be worth a restauration or you can just do a maintenance on it - new tires, new gear oil, new chain etc., and then drive it as it is.

I don´t know if you have any part dealers I Australia, but if not I can recommend puchshop.de. They have all you need for a restauration, and fair prices. I use them a lot.

Btw. the seat is not original. ;-)

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Also later eruo puchs vs US you do have differences even on the same

> "model", 3 bearing case, reverse cut gears etc.

Yeah this one looks relatively early though, my understanding is that there weren't many (if any) differences between EU and US models in the early years besides cosmetic items

I'm not sure a maxi can outrun those 10 foot tall spiders yall have over there.

Bjarne Sorensen /

It looks just like one of the models sold here in Denmark. Here it's called Maxi P, due to the pedal engine. But I think, that Maxi´s had different model names, depending on which country, there were sold in.

it's a Maxi N, no rear suspension, cool bike but limited, like my Motobecane Model "7"

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account