So I bought my oil/filter off Amazon......GASP

So I think awhile back I heard some of the old timers here mention how terrible it was that the young don't want to visit retail locations for any reason.

Here's the deal. Once as I was leaving late for a vacation I didn't have time to travel out of town to walmart so I sent my younger brother to get oil/filter at Autozone, the price was so high that even the counter person kind of balked. It was just pennzoil and acdelco filter, so nothing crazy, anyhow I knew it would be high but no that much... so lesson learned.

Then finally after many years of getting my oil/filter at walmart I grew sick of people's behavior there. I don't know if it was always like that or what, but it's always a shitshow going there and I don't want to anymore.

Before you even get there you have to deal with overcrowded tiny roads leading to the store, then the parking lot is full, then you find a spot maybe next to a discarded diaper and/or tooth flosser, and you just accept the fact that its a decent possibility your car may be damaged from another car's door or stray shopping cart. .

Speaking of carts that's the next pleasure.... grabbing some random cart that has god knows what kind of germs on it. .. Then you head through the terrible store and hear the symphony of screaming babies and children throwing tantrums... You get to automotive things are quieter yet still more crowded than it should be... You hurry and grab your oil so you don't impede the next guy standing there.... for some reason when I see all those oil bottles I just want to stare at them... idk.. anyhow you grab your filter next, The box has likely been opened by some random person and rejected for some reason... then you try to check out through automotive hoping it would be quicker and it never is because now you have a mix of horrible smelling guys who are trying to get some sort of forgotten tool/fluid for their shitmobile and people who have decided to buy all of their groceries there despite it being automotive (They are cracking down on this finally by only allowing 10items or less, but still, come on.) oh and the haggling people who are buying tires/batteries/services.....fuck it takes forever to buy the stupid oil/filter. . and it is an overall bad experience...not as bad as a warzone, but definitely avoidable for the person who cares about not subjecting themselves to shit..

On the other hand you can visit amazon do a little clicking and typing and bam next day oil and filter dropped off so close to the door you don't even have to leave the house to grab it..

All this to say this is my rebuttal to those old timers on here who think it's bad the youngin' people want everything off amazon.... as if walmart isn't a shitty horrible place that destroyed all small business in the area and treat their workers like 3rd world slaves and rely on the poor workers to supplement their income with foodstamps making walmart the biggest welfare queen of them all....republicans/conservatives love ol' Sam Walton's place regardless.....fucking weird...

Fuck that!! (edited)

Re: So I bought my oil/filter off Amazon......GASP

Wow, your Wal-mart sounds like a bigger shit-show than mine, didn't think that was possible, my solution is to go about 2 in the morning, no one else around, I'm not a big fan of people either. But I think the thread you were referring to was a guy who bought 2 stroke oil off amazon, and I still call super lazy, but it is a generational thing, when I shop, I want to come home with my item, not wait, not even a day, just seems stupid, but that is what we had so it's all I know. The only on-line shopping I do is for auto parts, and only because the price is so much cheaper, but I have found when going to my local auto parts store, and pricing something, if I mention I will just go home and order it from parts-geek or rock auto, they somehow come up with a much better price and I don't have to wait. Older people, myself included find the depth of younger peoples involvement with the internet disturbing, and anti-social, and yes lazy. But I get that is what you know, so it's what you do, just as I do what I know. To me, ordering a bottle of 2 stroke oil online is just the height of laziness. Turn the damn internet off, put some clothes on and go to the store! :) (leave your phone at home too, it's very liberating)

Walmart sucks.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

The Walmart near me is very nice and now that I have a temporary handicapped placard because of my recent back surgery, I have no problem getting a good parking space :-).

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Walmart sucks.

It totally does, and I'm not sure why, but many of the people there behave as though they were born in a barn, sadly, they have the best prices on stuff anywhere, if I go it is for a set thing, never just to see whats there.

They have the best prices because they pay their employees slave wages and offer hardly any benefits. Also the billions of dollars in tax breaks for “job creation”, when in reality they destroy far more jobs than they create. I did a paper on wal mart and how it’s particular brand of capitalism hurts communities far more than helps. In a nutshell they put mom and pop out of business, force you to buy whatever garbage they have on the shelf and are basically poisoning people with the idea that they are getting a better deal when in fact they are only saving a few pennies on the dollar, large purchases aside. I refuse to support a company that puts profits above its employees. Anyone who supports them also is a supporter of greed and corporate welfare. I have had to shop there when I travel as there is no other options in some towns, but I do not enjoy it and it usually is a shit show. The entertainment value is certainly there, but I feel bad for the staff.

Amazon is about the same price as Walmart too, and as far as ethical shopping decisions Walmart and amazon are both evil fucks. And if you don't support unethical treatment of workers you probably shouldn't buy pretty much anything new, ever, lol.

So much shit comes from China and American re sellers are pretty much just middlemen.

But anyhow, the Amazon experience is markedly improved from Walmart, and it's the way of the future, much more economical and less polluting to have a few vans running around town delivering things than everyone driving their personal car to the store. . plus the more people on the road the more chance of accidents especially the professional drivers that are monitored via drive cams versus the unrestricted idiot who texts while driving... Heading to the store is oldschool wasteful and dangerous... I for one welcome the amazon vans.

I used to try and support small mom and pop style businesses but most of them have shit their doors now. Most of the chain auto parts stores hire idiots that cant do their job well so I choose to use ebay or amazon now. No i don't get oil from amazon but may start as I go to the local napa and its highway robbery for what they get for oil. I also don't like to buy the cheapest part from amazon. I recently had to replace a 4x4 accuator on my truck and the same part at napa cost me half the price on amazon with same warranty. May take a little longer to get but worth it. Wish radio shack was still around.

Overpriced Parts /

The Amazon centers by me pay 15 bucks an hour at least to start with medical and other benefits given almost immediately and most times you can work more than 40 hours and get paid overtime so they blow Walmart away,

My friends son got a job at a new center about 20 minutes from my neighborhood over a year ago, he works like four 11-12 hr nights each week, gets around 1,200$ clear every two weeks, he is out of the house has a apartment, a nice car and a steady girl now not too shabby just having a GED

Didn’t drug test him either, and I think pretty soon you won’t even need a GED to get a job there,

You could actually get a job get a nice place to live, a nice few year old car and be on your own in no time with Amazon, walmart no,

The Walmart by me when they’re when they were hiring (though they’re not now they’re kind of downsizing) started out at 13$ hour, mandatory drug test, only give limited benefits after three months but most times they don’t give you 32 hours needed to get benefits

I buy MOST of my synthetic Castrol and filters for van ,and cars at Wal-Mart. The price for synthetic Castrol is just amazing. Like Stephen , I avoid the busy times if I can.

I park up and away from the cars and uphill of the last cart return place.

I buy my 2-stroke Pennzoil Marine synthetic blend by the gallon there also.

Never priced or tried Amazon.

> Mild Mods Wrote:

> Amazon is about the same price as Walmart too, and as far as ethical

> shopping decisions Walmart and amazon are both evil fucks. And if you

> don't support unethical treatment of workers you probably shouldn't buy

> pretty much anything new, ever, lol.

>

> So much shit comes from China and American re sellers are pretty much

> just middlemen.

>

> But anyhow, the Amazon experience is markedly improved from Walmart, and

> it's the way of the future, much more economical and less polluting to

> have a few vans running around town delivering things than everyone

> driving their personal car to the store. . plus the more people on the

> road the more chance of accidents especially the professional drivers

> that are monitored via drive cams versus the unrestricted idiot who

> texts while driving... Heading to the store is oldschool wasteful and

> dangerous... I for one welcome the amazon vans.

I buy very little other than clothing new. I'm not being critical of your using Amazon, but I can't imagine feeling like it's "dangerous" to go to the store, I guess part of it for me is getting out of the house, today people seem centered on staying home, just the times changing I guess. It would feel so weird to me to not just run up to the store for oil, or anything really. I hear you on Autozone pricing, they are outrageous, they just opened one near me and I freaked out at the cost, like a parts place for people who know nothing about cars, but want to act like they do, the employee's seemed lost too, if it's not in the computer or for something newer than say a 2010 car they just gave you the blank stare, I like Napa, not cheap, but not crazy either, but EVERYTHING is expensive today. Luckily I don't have to go to Wal-mart much, but no better deal on Mobil One, I only change oil once a year as I don't drive much these days. I'm old fashioned I guess, when I pay for something, I want it, then not tomorrow.

wow

walmart sucks 4 sure.

autozone/advance ftw. or pep boys // speedshop.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Comparing the shopping experience at Walmart and Amazon, is an apples and oranges comparison, except in the fact that both are giant horrible corporations.

But if the shopping experience at Amazon is bad, you should just brush your teeth and get a better IP.

I'm afraid that Amazon is becoming the new Wal-Mart of retail.

yeah but walmart was the new sears and sears took over the mom and pop shops and before that people bought from tradesmen or made their own and commerce changes etc etc. I do rather despise amazon because their business modelm, in a rather walmarty way, is very focused on exploitation. exploit foreign vedors for cheap as possible manufacturing, extort their suppliers with promise of volume, exploit workers for cheap labor and extreme hours and deny unionization, all to offer convience and cost which sadly is more important to the consumers than any moral obligation to oppose exploitation.

but i'm guilty of it too. It is reallllllly easy to not have to take an extra 30 minutes that i don't have and skip the store, which maybe doesnt have the exact right parts, and just find stuff as I need on my doorstep the next day. fuckin a it's convenient.

Place does suck. Parking lot littered with garbage. I spotted a hypodermic needle on the ground turned a cart over on it, told the people inside. Eye roll, "well send some to get it." Fucking idiots.

WalMart for the win!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> WalMart for the win!

I don't care if you're a troll or not. This was hilarious!! I'm actually smiling now thinking of someone either that dumb or that funny to make that statement. Thank you!

Wally World,Hands down!

Rick Bergsma /

Ya know you don't have to go to a Walmart store , you can just order from them online . I've never done it myself cause I also like Amazon and eBay and I've never had a problem at a Walmart store . I can even park my rig in most Walmart lots .

> Rick Bergsma Wrote:

> Ya know you don't have to go to a Walmart store , you can just order

> from them online . I've never done it myself cause I also like Amazon

> and eBay and I've never had a problem at a Walmart store . I can even

> park my rig in most Walmart lots .

Yes, I've heard they are good about that. And also campers.

the needles are to give peoples dogs their insulin shots

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account