Push for 15% Ethanol in Gas approved by Feds

Pushrod Fifty /

Re: Push for 15% Ethanol in Gas approved by Feds

Ya, I was traveling recently and noticed that %15 was at one of the pumps here in the Midwest. Would of been Indiana, Ohio, Michigan or Kentucky.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

I run it. As long as you run it, it’s fine. Don’t just fill up and then park it for two years.

Just EXTRACT it. It's easy.

Yeah I mean if you're like me and have 20 bikes it's kind of a pain to drain the tanks but I don't keep gas in shit I'm not actively riding and bam no problems with ethanol. Takes 5 minutes to drain a tank and carb

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just EXTRACT it. It's easy.

You have way too much time on your hands!

Pushrod Fifty /

It is easy to drain, I use a kerosine hand pump, the tube bends right along inside if the the tank to the bottom. I niticed when e came in 2000s that I got 3-4 less mpg in my Corolla.

It is only for mopeds, mowers, and chain saw that I extract it. But if they actually DO go to 15% in Marathon in FL or Ohio, I will consider extracting it.

Fortunately I only drive about 30% of what I used to when driving every day to work.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Just EXTRACT it. It's easy.

>

> You have way too much time on your hands!

It doesn't take much time or effort. Add water shake, invert and walk away to let it settle. Come back and drain the water/alcohol mix off of the bottom, done.

ethanol done properly could be essentially carbon neutral, since all the C comes from CO2 incorporated by the plant

Pushrod Fifty /

Not sure how long seals and gasket materials would hold up as they weren't designed for e15.

Find a station near you that sells non-ethanol fuel? I make up 5 gallons of pre-mix at a time. I don't think the 15% would be all that much worse than the 10%, I've never tried making pre-mix with e-85, but I bet it would be "ok' so long as you ran it, not fill it up and leave it, as stated above. They would not be able to even introduce it if the majority of cars could not handle it, unfortunately the vintage stuff is not taken into consideration at all. Also may be a move to get more to go to electric lawn care items, mowers, blowers trimmers etc, as they don't like ethanol and tend to sit around with fuel in them and gum up.

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> ethanol done properly could be essentially carbon neutral, since all the

> C comes from CO2 incorporated by the plant

Yeah that be great if there’s plants for the carbon to go into

45735359-691D-4BE2-86F1-106742B98B44.jpeg
103D947B-0595-4C3F-9B72-96260EEEB397.jpeg

They build thousands of homes by me past 10-20 years and already started clearcutting 100+ More acres and making temporary roads for more homes just a few mi away from me when only 40min drive away north and 45 min away south from here thousands and thousands of homes (around 10,000 combined) are being left to decay,

E6F5E75F-29B4-4958-A115-19B13587B3DE.jpeg

I’m lucky that about 1000 acres are protected but it’s not even a small percentage of the acreage of forests wetlands and farms that used to be here,

Roffrant™

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> Roffrant™

I do enjoy seeing what's going on in his neck of the woods. He does get out and ride them peds.

Pushrod Fifty /

We have 1000 acres of preserve two houses down from me, Its great to be in the woods, with tiwn only 10 minutes away.

actually growing and then using the trees for building is a more permanent sequestration. vs letting the trees down and then decompose. Anywhere that a forest was and is no longer tho, that's a net negative. but only living or non-decaying (i.e. houses & buildings) count. But if the decomposition of the plant is displacing combustion of mined fuels (ethanol vs gas) that's a positive.

We just gotta adapt seals and gaskets! ha, it is kinda annoying sometimes but i havent had much trouble except fuel lines and even then, it's fine once you get the right lines. Personally i'd rather replace some repalceable parts every year or so than seak out ethanol free. it is kinda annoying but not that big a deal and probably for the best (IF they'd make he ethanol more reasonably - separate rant)

yeah the polini cp carbs are ethanol safe and Viton oil seals are fine to use with it as well. Now gimmie that au natural freedom juice that doubles as an artificial flavoring in soft drinks.

Pushrod Fifty /

My gas caps says 10% max... hope I can keep my Toyotas for as long as they usually last for.

^if it says 10, it's probably rated for 20, manufacturers know people abuse stuff, so they err on the side of caution, plus this is a small test, not a nation wide mandate.

I have recently only filled my tank about 1/4 of the way when I go riding because I know I won't be going far and (the ethanol) plus allegedly the 2 stroke oil is only effective for a couple months but I'm not a scientist so I have no idea.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Ain't nobody got time to be siphoning ethanol.

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Ain't nobody got time to be siphoning ethanol.

The correct term is DRAINING it off the bottom.No siphoning. Takes a few minutes to protect your small engines from the Gov't stupidity.

is it stupid just because you dont like it?

there are legitimate cases for and against ethanol but i dont think "it makes don have to put effort in on his small engine tiddleybikes sometimes and that makes him grumpypants fuss-puss" counts as a valid case against ethanol

Ethanol's a joke. You get less mileage and use more fuel...……...how's that help? NOT good for small engines at all.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Gasoline's a joke. You get less mileage and use more fuel...……...how's

> that help? NOT good for diesel engines at all.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Gasoline's a joke. You get less mileage and use more fuel...……...how's

>

> > that help? NOT good for (will subs diesel here) at all.

Proving you're the troll here,Will..LOL!

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Ethanol's a joke. You get less mileage and use more fuel...……...how's

> that help? NOT good for small engines at all.

Its a fuckin rarity that I agree with you. Gasoline does have more combustible energy than alcohol for any given ratio. Google it and you will find that alcohol motors run roughly twice the amount of fuel as any given equivalent gasoline motor. Thats air fuel ratio btw. Not trying to stir up any shit here but I do fight for what I believe in and I do notice the little 2 stroke motors run a little better on 100% gasoline. Am I making more power??? Dont care, they idle and run a little better overall imho.(edited)

Rick Bergsma /

Ethanol has a higher octane rating than regular gas . You would think 15% ethanol would be good in a two stroke fuel mix .

I've delivered corn to ethanol facilities plenty of times and my take away from talking to people is that it's heavily subsidized and has a large carbon footprint . Is it good or bad for the environment ? I doubt it's good .

Screenshot_20200221-190051.png

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> Ain't nobody got time to be siphoning ethanol.

Right?!?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account