I diddnt really care for animation until tonight...

I mean I like Akira, and loved ghost in the shell...but man

Here I am looking to relax and I put on this ghibli anime film I've never seen. Grave of the firefly's...yup, no more relaxation here

Diddnt think I knew how to cry like that anymore. This was the most moving film I have ever watched..and I own a huge collection....

Man did I underestimate animated films.

Re: I diddnt really care for animation until tonight...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

There are really well done manga adaptations some are mainstream but gems like mushi. That two strings computer thing

dimension w

Hellgirl...

Never seen those...this is about two siblings who were orphaned during WWII. Aunt took a share of the food and wouldn't feed them because big bro wasn't helping with the war effort, because his factory was bombed....they leave and he watches his little sister die of starvation, then dies himself on the floor of a Subway station ...fucking rough movie, but very beautiful...

My neighbor totoro has been suggested to me because I liked the style. Don't know how I missed these.

-Riprips- Taylor Durdan /

I've had the entire studio ghibli collection for a few years. Every one of their movies are fantastic. But I've only ever watched graves of the fireflies once.

And only once.

Glad I'm not the only one. Any recommendations?

It's a weird feeling, I got this laserdisc as an extra in a lot of random titles. Got 12 for what I would have payed for Akira(jp release with English sub, reason for buying the lot) here in the USA ..and this one I'm gonna cherish. But I doubt I'll watch it again......also got porco Rosso in the lot.

Princess Mononoke is pretty good. I've seen a couple others but movies just don't usually stick with me.

All the ghibli movies rule. Check out Pom poko, it’s one of my favorites.

Oh, man I feel for you. I made the mistake of casually attemping to watch Grave of the Fireflies myself once... it's not a movie one should watch alone.

It is really good. But the damn thing punches you right in the feelings.

I have been a caregiver for 10 years, as a result my emotions have really dulled. They are there, but in order to do the job I need to dampen them...this damn movie broke right through that shit, it took me several days to recover.

Probably a good thing, I haven't dated in years and being exposed to real emotion again had me questioning my life. Maybe I've been ignoring feelings TOO much.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account