Re: Scooters

Pushrod Fifty /

I was working on the Motobi today. I like how accessable everything is and that I can sit on a milk crate to wrench on it. I picked up a tailight bulb for it, some gunk cleaner, going to degrease it tomorrow. I found parts and owners manuals in Italian for it. Engine is so simple. The engine is on one side and the trans on the other, the crank is a foot long and runs across to the trans and the clutch is attached to it.

^ That's a neat bike, never heard of/seen one, is it a manual shift? Has really nice lines.

Pushrod Fifty /

I never saw one before either, pretty rare I think. Its a 3 speed on the bar. It does have cool lines. The 16" wheels are a plus too. The engine looks so cool, too bad it has to be covered by the air shroud. Carb is a Dellorto ME18.

1581208376290779103343.jpg

Guess it has to be under a shroud, the head faces the rear of the bike?!? Never seen that, never tried a grip shifter either, I can ride a reg motorcycle but never tried that, I like my cvt! :) It's a very unique cool machine, I hope you enjoy it, I love seeing things no one else has. :)

I generally think of scooters as snail-looking small wheeled ugly things. The LARGE-wheeled, non-pothole divers IMO are motorbikes , not scoots.

Honda C70 falls right into this motorbike category.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I generally think of scooters as snail-looking small wheeled ugly

> things. The LARGE-wheeled, non-pothole divers IMO are motorbikes , not

> scoots.

>

> Honda C70 falls right into this motorbike category.

I have a Kymco People 50. It’s a scooter with 16” wheels. I need to find a Citta or Arrow to go with it.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> I generally think of scooters as snail-looking small wheeled ugly

> things. The LARGE-wheeled, non-pothole divers IMO are motorbikes , not

> scoots.

>

> Honda C70 falls right into this motorbike category.

When the term "scooter" is mentioned the first thing that comes to my mind is quality of build. Chinese are usually junk while European are of quality. There's always an exception to every rule tho.

My Hyosung seems well built, the plastics are cheap though, brakes rock.

> Steve Dolan Wrote:

> > Chris Szuba Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > been to a scooter rally, mostly vintage vespa's. it's a very different

>

> > crowd aha

>

> >

>

> > got my gf a '65 yamaha U5, i've posted it before. i guess technically

>

> > it's a scooter.... 50cc 3spd semi auto, does like 37 ish

>

> >

>

> > some scooters can be cool... sometimes, but for the most part it's

>

> > mopeds or bust

>

> > >

>

> Is that a rotory valve engine like the yg1? I wonder if the 80cc

> cylinder fits on it? I may have an extra top end kicking around.

yeah buddy it sure is! the rotory valve has an interesting 2stroke sound to it while it's building rpm's before it hits "power band" that 4hp hits you weak like an extra 1hp lol but hey it's from the 60's and cool, i cant hate. she's all original with only 1200 oem miles, appreciate the offer but im gonna keep her stock.

vearringgg off topic a little im checking out a '88 FS1 imported from the netherlands tomorrow for CHEAP - well cheap for one of them on US soil, so that's cool.

speaking of scooters though, i also love me some Honda Aero's ! 2 stroke winning, i had an aero 50 and aero 125. the 125 was awesome but hard as hell to find parts for... bigger carb and a pipe with some variator work i could do 65 on her

Pushrod Fifty /

FS1 would be awesome, 4 speed pedal start, is it the purple one?

> John Maxson Wrote:

> FS1 would be awesome, 4 speed pedal start, is it the purple one?

actually this one doesnt have pedals! the pedal start one is a FS1-E ,, this is NOT and e model

check it out! this is the exact one, not just a google image search

FS1.jpg

So nice. That looks fun.

Nice no-ped, motorbike.

Pushrod Fifty /

Wow it's mint.

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's just a google image search...

I never really understood the FS1-E rage that occurred across the pond. They're a pretty standard looking bike.

Pushrod Fifty /

Thruxtons and Street Triples are the new rage.

> John Maxson Wrote:

> Thruxtons and Street Triples are the new rage.

freakin this

Dirty30 Dillon /

If i see one more dude in a suit riding a thruxton or r9t with knobbies on it in this city, I am going to just end it all.

That said, got the chance to ride my scooter around last night and it was swell. Too bad hard body Vespa's are so sought after, otherwise I would own one of those as well.

Pushrod Fifty /

I saw a 50 smallframe on CL for 800, don't see them too often.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account