so I got a Harley...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Bought it for a dis abled vet who suffered a family and financial disaster. He's a good guy who got some really shitty cards. He is a Harley mechanic. And the shop owner gave me the best deal on a 97 evo.

20200205_121459.jpg
20200205_113603.jpg
2gs off sticker 3gs below book value. Encumbered title. It is mine till the lien is paid.
20200205_121513.jpg

Re: so I got a Harley...

Pushrod Fifty /

You mean a salvage title? Unless the seller gave you a clear title you can't get rid of the lien without a lot of hours on the phone and paying off the dept.

Traitor. Should of got a Harley 2-stroke.

c9b0115d5902b9a6ca1359ae2625de3d.jpg

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Harley should have made a 2 stroke.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Hummers 250cc 2t Harley.

No I am the lien holder.

Correction. 93 wg dyna. Doh not a nightrain rear tho... That would've added 2gs rare.

Looks nice man. I have been honda building and will own a harley some day. Good for you.

20200205_211901.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

I like the soft tail slim but it wouldn't fit the riding I do and I like leaning down not back.

My honda has vintage hog light and style. But still a four banger air cooler. I will own a hog someday when it is cheap enough to be in my possession

Zzz

20200205_212423.jpg

I dig the seat. Looks comfy.

So, you ride it yet?

I'm big bike shopping. I'm leaning towards a Street Glide or Road Glide.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Hell no I am moped guy. First time I have to stop it leaning left it would collapse my knee way too heavy.

It was an investment. Today it sunk in. My bud scooter was like you're serious. After 6 hrs he told me I totally changed his whole life. He was a loner and I introduced him to some quality folk the shop owner and some N.A. guys. His expression was like an 8 year old on Xmas. I covered everything but his insurance.

Loan sharking eh?

Pushrod Fifty /
1580991517881-460350283.jpg

The old Hondas are the best, My Honda CM185, I paid $140 for it, stripped it down completely. It's almost done, just the taillight and seat painting , upulstering to finish.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I was looking at a 250cc scrambler Honda like an enduro or elsinor. Some guy beat me to it. 4800 the owner wanted. I was thinking 2500.

That's when I asked the shop owner if he had a deal.

I was thinking of starting a speakeasy by getting a camper putting my personal stuff and my sleeping quarters in there. Then do up my utility apt. Into an after hours social club.

Pushrod Fifty /

Find an XR, they are cool bikes and can be found in mint cond. For less than 1k.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

It's actually a good investment scooter is a cert. Welder and Harley mechanic. He loves the bike ha said its in his top three models.

I told him 5 years to pay in full. If he can pay off within a year no interest just the fees and taxes. He responded 5 weeks to 3 months. He became alive. He went from alone in a box to a brand new world he started lining up side jobs

Nice, although I'm not a fan of Harley's, people around here have them as status symbols and I find most of the riders obnoxious and constantly revving the engine at the stoplight. Why bro? Will it not idle? If I had to pick a cruiser it would be a yamaha my dad had a warrior and it would blow away a harley for power and cornering.

20190806_084917.jpg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

These peeps here are all Old school. U got a bike cause you couldn't afford a car. Us army surplus you could get a crated bike for 500 . less than a car in the 70's. York is down the road a bit. So lots of bikes here round. The shop is a family owned independently run Harley dealer since 1968.

RUBS ruined it by wanting to be cool and have that respect you gave to the rabble that would smash your head in if you even fucked with his personal business...

Honestly I feel really good about this. The guy was suicidal and really being pressed by life. I been there. Now he is talking about going to AA meetings 2x a week and getting work cause he can get around again.

Pushrod Fifty /

I think if you took off from a light on a Harley without first revving the engine, you would fall flat on your face since the engine fires at 45 deg. And then not for another 315 deg. Of crank rotation. They all operate them mostly the Same way so I would figure it is a necessity to keep blipping the throttle.

And yes they are a status quo bike but I have met a lot of HD riders when I am out on one of my little bikes, had some good conversations, and they think they are cool.(edited)

There are harley riders and there are riders with harleys. Most are the latter, people who like bikes and theirs is a harley. some are the former - and have a real chip on their shoulder about how theirs is best cuz they spent the most money and polish on it, where it's a symbol not a hobby.

To put another way, there are people who've tried everything and found a harley is what they like best, and there are those who bought a harley, know it's just the best, all others inferior, yet never even tried enjoying anything else.

I can't wait for riding season to start again... I have a 2017 Indian Scout 60 and it misses me.

Pushrod Fifty /

I get out most weekends for a short blast until my fingers are frozen. Keep my CB500 and Suz 80 running all year round. The CB is fuel injected so no messing with the choke on cooler days. Suzi locked up on me, it's down for a new piston. The rings froze into the grooves, preventing them from transferring heat from the piston to the cylinder.

Yep, need to get my bike plated for the upcoming season. Sold my 1000 a while back when i finished this build

20191221_153456.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

Cool bike. I like the triangular alum cover.

Thanks, built those as well, dimple dies and hole saw. Made a tail cover as well.

Screenshot_20200206-104813_Instagram.jpg

Pushrod Fifty /

Did you mono shock it or swap engines? Looks like CB750, pre 1980 with kickstart.

Mono shock, started life as a cb500 frame. Mono shock built by me with a mix of cbr600 f2 and f4 rear suspension. Front suspension is cbr f3. Engine is now mostly cb550, undercut, bored 40 over, cr carbs, cycle x intake, 650 cam, delkevic exhaust, kick start only.

Pushrod Fifty /

You put alot into it. How hard is it to get it plated in your state? CT, would need inspection, first a temp reg, so twice The inspectors are bitches.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account