Re: Congrats Kansas City Chiefs! 50 years between Super Bowls!

what, hell naw she can dance if she wants to, what was so awful about it? yall really that uncomfortable about your own sexual desires that you can't handle women dancing? So worried by dancing on a pole (it's not just for strippers, check cirque de soleil the silks and dancers are incredible athetes and performers! but also strippers arent a problem either...). Y'all really that repressed in your sexuality?

Shakira played guitar and drums, that's pretty cool! I'm down for molly to be inspired by that. but to be real honest - she didnt care at all about the show and surely wasnt phased by concerns of it being to sexy - she was busy chasing her friend eleanor around pretending to be "tiger-dinosaurs". it's only all the repressed adults that had a hard time with this whole thing and are making it weird.

Put it another way, if I slip and let a "fucking shit" fly within earshot, she doesnt notice - until im like" oh no, you didnt hear that" "OK that's a bad word" etc. then it gets interest, then you're filling the narrative that wasnt there and re-creating your insecurities for someone else.

So don't slip and cuss. Cut it out. She's your daughter...……………..but it wouldn't hurt to show her that lewd conduct is not acceptable. It's your business. She'll become what you make of her or don't.

They are listening closely especially when you don't think so.

For me it is not being about repressed sexually, I used to manage an adult video store, talk about weird, and have spent some time in strip clubs, and such things are not all that bad, BUT they are NOT family friendly, it's not so much what they were doing, but the venue where it was played. You want to see things like that fine, I did too at one point, but there are places for it and an age for it. @ Will your kid is still young enough to not really know what she was seeing and that's a good thing, but what about the the older kids? It's just not a great influence. You can have a dance show without it being suggestive, and parts of this show were like that, but the stripper moves and "air fucking' for lack of a better word were really out of place for an event like this. Strippers are not a problem, but you don't have them in your living room! :) I still think it is an age thing, with the age of the internet, everyone can see anything they want whenever they want, and I'm not sure how good that is, there are two arguments, one says it takes the mystery and taboo out of things, causing less interest, and another says it messes up development to see too much too early, I'm fortunate I don't have to worry about it, as I never wanted kids. I'm not advocating a return to '50's morels, ( twin beds for married people, etc) but for gods sake there should be a happy medium?(edited)

We all saw Janet Jackson’s boob almost 30 years ago and no one died. This year it was Latin music and culture appropriate to the events location.

Keeping your daughters naive to the world never turns out well.

^ True, but seeing it was not part of the show....god has it been that long? :D It just seems kids are inundated with sexual images everywhere you turn in advertising etc, as an adult you can understand this and blow it off, I guess I just feel it doesn't need to be everywhere? No issue with Latin music either, I liked that part!(edited)

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> For me it is not being about repressed sexually, I used to manage an

> adult video store, talk about weird, and have spent some time in strip

> clubs, and such things are not all that bad, BUT they are NOT family

> friendly, it's not so much what they were doing, but the venue where it

> was played. You want to see things like that fine, I did too at one

> point, but there are places for it and an age for it. @ Will your kid is

> still young enough to not really know what she was seeing and that's a

> good thing, but what about the the older kids? It's just not a great

> influence. You can have a dance show without it being suggestive, and

> parts of this show were like that, but the stripper moves and "air

> fucking' for lack of a better word were really out of place for an event

> like this. Strippers are not a problem, but you don't have them in your

> living room! :) I still think it is an age thing, with the age of the

> internet, everyone can see anything they want whenever they want, and

> I'm not sure how good that is, there are two arguments, one says it

> takes the mystery and taboo out of things, causing less interest, and

> another says it messes up development to see too much too early, I'm

> fortunate I don't have to worry about it, as I never wanted kids. I'm

> not advocating a return to '50's morels, ( twin beds for married people,

> etc) but for gods sake there should be a happy medium?

^^yup.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> Yes,K-evil......…..apply it to your arrogant, Godless, soul.

I love the fact that no matter how hard you try to ignore me, you can't do it that long, and you always break down and respond to one of my posts eventually.

donohiolol.jpg

(edited)

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account