Meatballs

Seeing as its recipe Saturday, here's the recipe for meatballs by Jonnie Boer, my boss and currently number 10 on the worlds best chefs list. (Owner of "De Librije", 3 michelin stars)

Ingredients (for 4 large meatballs)

400 grams of minced beef

2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce

2 tablespoons coarse mustard

1 tsp cayenne pepper

2 small eggs

80 g breadcrumbs

3 tbsp butter

1 pot of meat stock (380 ml) or homemade stock

Preparation

Mix all ingredients (except the butter and the meat stock) and knead the minced meat by hand until everything is well mixed.

Divide it into 4 portions and spin into balls. Leave the balls covered for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.

Heat the butter in a frying pan and brown the balls in it.

Pour in the stock and allow the balls to turn occasionally, with the lid slanting on the pan, to cook over low heat for 45 minutes.

(I google translated the recipe, but it looks to be pretty well translated)(edited)

Re: Meatballs

^ That sounds amazing!

I love meatballs but I'm the only one in the house that does. Oh hell I'll make them anyways. Thank You Much

^ You don't have to share! ;)

Those sound delicious! Thanks!

The coarse mustard is one of the most important things, if it doesn't have mustard seeds in it it really isn't mustard.

The sweet soy sauce should be "ketjap manis" sweet soy sauce, it's Indonesian but it's probably also available in the US.(edited)

Yep, making this.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The coarse mustard is one of the most important things, if it doesn't

> have mustard seeds in it it really isn't mustard.

>

Agree! It’s always in my pantry, and in my potato salad.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account