Neil Peart of rush RIP

Overpriced Parts /

Damn! rush was a part of my music influence , Neil Peart was a trooper playing drums with all kinds of ailments as well as a hell of a motorcyclist, he would travel thousands of miles on a bike in all weather and beat the tour bus!

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/music/neil-peart-drummer-lyricist-rock-band-rush-dies-67-n1113861

For me he’ll be highly missed

Re: Neil Peart of rush RIP

Fuck..... a sad day for sure, he was AMAZING!

"Tom Sawyer" gives me goose bumps to this day.

"Red Barchetta" is my Favorite, a true driving song, RUSH was a huge song track of my youth, some may see it as misspent, but I would trade it for nothing! A fast open car, with a manual trans, a loud stereo system, is an experience like nothing other. I know "progress" has things faster than old school stuff, and with abs, traction control and wtf a computer to put on the brakes for you, (wtf?) but back before that, well the roar of the engine, especially between shifts....was orgasmic, it was a visceral thrill. I don't see "new" speed providing that. Sure the cars are faster, the electric sports cars will peel your eyelids back, but are silent? Weak! Give me the sound of the air going in, and the roar coming out of an IC engine any day! :) To the new kids, I will give you this, new Rock music is really good! I hope you have as much fun as I did, I know it is different now, but the cars, even though faster, seem boring.

Kevin Bishop /

RIP sad to never hear that 26 piece drum kit again...

YYZ for me. Also a primus fan and I always loved the intro taste of it in To Defy..Claypool a huge Rush fan of course. Huge Loss. RIP Neil!

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

He will be missed. Saw them in Hershey Pa in 1979 or 80. Best stage show that I’ve ever seen, and that was before huge pyrotechnics and massive screens. Or maybe it was just the weed.

Some of their best that you never hear on the radio.

(edited)

Sad indeed. Arguably the best R&R drummer ever. My best friend introduced me to “Power Windows” way back when and my music world changed forever.

First video is a show that was in my neck of the woods, but about 5 years too early for me to have attended.

The second is both a tribute, and for comic relief.

RIP Neil Peart. (edited)

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

^ That dude can jam.

2E5C8E60-A29A-499B-B97B-F5AF142A5021.jpeg

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Damn lost another...

Didn't die from poppers or speeding...

Overpriced Parts /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Damn lost another...

>

> Didn't die from poppers or speeding...

Don’t know about speeding but he was pretty fast

04610D6F-CE7C-49E0-804E-55EAB151758B.gif

RIP Neil

rush was for sure pretty amazing and his role perhaps the most important, although theres something to be said for the very unique voice of geddy lee

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> rush was for sure pretty amazing and his role perhaps the most

> important, although theres something to be said for the very unique

> voice of geddy lee

Not only that his voice/he had very good independence from what he was playing and being a former bass player myself (still goof around a little bit but that’s about it) it’s hard to be playing a bass run basically like a lead guitar solo and singing something totally different,

I don't have/had the greatest Independence, most times I had to sing the melody I’m playing, stop playing while singing or hang on a note while singing the melody,

Playing piano requires one hand to do different many times than another hand also Playing the drums Requires a lot of independence too, basically both feet and both hands need to be able to do something different when needed without thought

These People/many Great musicians are just able to keep the time of each limb and their voice in their head without thinking (or just have to be a singer or guitar/instrument player),

3 pc Bands to sound full live need some or all musicians that have these independence qualities

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> Not only that his voice/he had very good independence from what he was

> playing and being a former bass player myself (still goof around a

> little bit but that’s about it) it’s hard to be playing a bass run

> basically like a lead guitar solo and singing something totally

> different,

>

> I don't have/had the greatest Independence, most times I had to sing

> g the melody I’m playing, stop playing while singing or hang on a note

> while singing the melody,

>

> Playing piano requires one hand to do different many times than another

> hand also Playing the drums Requires a lot of independence too,

> basically both feet and both hands need to be able to do something

> different when needed without thought

>

> These People/many Great musicians are just able to keep the time of each

> limb and their voice in their head without thinking (or just have to be

> a singer or guitar/instrument player),

>

> 3 pc Bands to sound full live need some or all musicians that have these

> independence qualities

totally, i was thinking that but didnt write it, pretty incredible musicians all, but to play bass and sing both so capably, praisworthy for sure

Just a heads up the RUSH documentary is on Netflix

This is unreal, you guys/gals have to check this out!

Paul Boyer (OFMC) /

R.I.P.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account