Australia burning at both ends

As Australia burns prolifically due to strained environmental factors, I'm stuck wondering if the combustion of all that eucalypt forest makes the smokey haze like a nice cool menthol cigarette

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Apparently Eucalyptus trees already emit terpenoids making it smell like menthol. But i guess the smell of fire would drown that out.

Re: Australia burning at both ends

There's a bunch of articles posted about 200 people being arrested for setting those fires.

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Overpriced Parts /

Some people in countries including usa states should never live in the desert communities or countries ever! Because that puts so much strain on energy and environmental costs of the rest of the country, until air-conditioning was invented the Western states and countries were hardly populated,

So you got to Suck it up and enjoy 2 seasons in states and country's that should have have 4 seasons oh well!

If you don’t have four seasons and want to be green you’re a hypocrite, Western states in the us that use up all the electricity and all the water that shouldn’t, so all your energy and water in your household should be cut off,

You should only have Energy when the sun shines or water when it rains, or your the sun in your face!

For children basically are slave labor when in made China made bull crap Solar panels and Storage batteries, hundreds to thousands of children die mining, making batteries and electric shit just so you western people could have your air conditioning and EV vehicles,

LA County is unbelievable more population then many us states,

Most of California is unbelievable and most of all western western states are unbelievable! cause they suck so much more energy and water and make so much more pollution then the rest of the states when they should be limited by 30% of what they are now!

If only people didn’t watch movies, Disney crap and 90% of all media California would be nothing,

Wow just cause Western desert states don’t wanna have all four seasons the rest of the whole continent and world has to suffer!

Australia was a country that prisoners were put at/it’s a desert community,

It should be populated by only a few percent of population just enough to keep the prisoners at bay but so many people want sun in face!

They don’t want to deal with all four seasons only two so it’s so stupid to fill up a continent killing everything in its path and when it burns down it’s such a big deal,

The past 3 to 4000 years it’s been more than that ever happened!

I cant understand why people live in tornado areas, hurricane areas, flash flood areas, typhoon areas just to have two seasons instead of the 4 seasons because a little cold and a little snow they can’t handle,

So enjoy and embrace the 2 horrible disastrous seasons instead of 4 nice ones, and I will enjoy all 4 four mild seasons,

Ya man enjoy the two seasons Of your your nasty ass two season weather, theft and crazy people year around and I will enjoy Four seasons of tempered mild weather minus the crazies who can’t live in 4 seasons in the bushes that will will go to your states! Man I am so blessed!

Re: Australia burning at both ends

interesting rant, I'm almost never in favor of blaming victims

I think there's a point that Australia expects bush fires, fires ar an important part of many ecosystems, and eucalyptus specifically has adapted to grow quickly, have a root structure that withstands fire and a bodymass that burns pretty well (because it grows so quickly). So in that sense sure, living near ecosystems that burn is not ideal.

interesting side note, a lot of eucalyptus was actually intentionally brought to california in order to promote aesthetically attractive "forests" where before there was shrub growth; because as you note the climates are similar and it because it grows quickly. in a few years you've got nice woods instead of scrub brush. but yea, maybe that contributes to fires there too.

but if living in fire-prone ecosystems isnt ideal, neither is living in flood plains, or coastal areas, or open areas where tornados are likely. unfortunately those tend to be critical for shipping, farming, proximity to other industrial centers etc.

Also, have you spent much time in california, or LA? It's genuinely very beautiful, with the ocean, mountains, deserts and major city all within about an hour. And climate is actually quite nice most of the year, lows stay around 45 and highs average around mid 80's in the summer, with a pretty comfortable 70's most of the year. That is a comfort zone which doesnt require excessive air conditioning nor heating, less winter maintenance, roads and cars dont decay as rapidly. Any way you cut it, we're going to be using energy and resources to be comfortable one way or another. While I think ohio might benefit from all of the residents of california moving here, it might not be the positive change you're looking for.

But again, I think blaming victims for living where they do lacks a specific empathy that's kinda selfish and unbecoming

Re: Australia burning at both ends

I'm not getting into geopolitics or whos at fault, humans are insects no matter where you live or what carnival barking reality TV host you vote for

I just wanna say that "so far" ONE THIRD of all wild Koalas have been wiped out.

Gone.

And these fires are still burning...

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Ya, I definitely have empathy after eating all those jalapenos. Im now burning at both ends too.(edited)

Re: Australia burning at both ends

lol.....roffman rants....

Re: Australia burning at both ends

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> interesting rant, I'm almost never in favor of blaming victims

>

> I think there's a point that Australia expects bush fires, fires ar an

> important part of many ecosystems, and eucalyptus specifically has

> adapted to grow quickly, have a root structure that withstands fire and

> a bodymass that burns pretty well (because it grows so quickly). So in

> that sense sure, living near ecosystems that burn is not ideal.

>

> interesting side note, a lot of eucalyptus was actually intentionally

> brought to california in order to promote aesthetically attractive

> "forests" where before there was shrub growth; because as you note the

> climates are similar and it because it grows quickly. in a few years

> you've got nice woods instead of scrub brush. but yea, maybe that

> contributes to fires there too.

>

> but if living in fire-prone ecosystems isnt ideal, neither is living in

> flood plains, or coastal areas, or open areas where tornados are likely.

> unfortunately those tend to be critical for shipping, farming, proximity

> to other industrial centers etc.

>

> Also, have you spent much time in california, or LA? It's genuinely very

> beautiful, with the ocean, mountains, deserts and major city all within

> about an hour. And climate is actually quite nice most of the year, lows

> stay around 45 and highs average around mid 80's in the summer, with a

> pretty comfortable 70's most of the year. That is a comfort zone which

> doesnt require excessive air conditioning nor heating, less winter

> maintenance, roads and cars dont decay as rapidly. Any way you cut it,

> we're going to be using energy and resources to be comfortable one way

> or another. While I think ohio might benefit from all of the residents

> of california moving here, it might not be the positive change you're

> looking for.

>

> But again, I think blaming victims for living where they do lacks a

> specific empathy that's kinda selfish and unbecoming

I think living in a known flood plain is just kind of dumb, fires and tornadoes are a bit more random, but if you see the marks on the river bank where the water rises to almost yearly and build below it, well, I don't understand that, but if you do, get flooded out and REBUILD in the same location, well my sympathy goes right out the window, who insures these people? That said these fires are a real disaster, sux about the Koala's! Stinky little buggers are cute! :)(edited)

Re: Australia burning at both ends

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I think living in a known flood plain is just kind of dumb, fires and

> tornadoes are a bit more random, but if you see the marks on the river

> bank where the water rises to almost yearly and build below it, well, I

> don't understand that, but if you do, get flooded out and REBUILD in the

> same location, well my sympathy goes right out the window, who insures

> these people? That said these fires are a real disaster, sux about the

> Koala's! Stinky little buggers are cute! :)

If you live below sea level you've got to do it right. Fires and storms are more dangerous than water over here.

Re: Australia burning at both ends

𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑎-𝐿𝑜𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑟 𝑀𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑝𝑢𝑠 🦖 /

ARSON WARMING DONT MELT!!

Re: Australia burning at both ends

𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑎-𝐿𝑜𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑟 𝑀𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑝𝑢𝑠 🦖 /

Who told you koalas are wiped out?

Re: Australia burning at both ends

the arson distraction is a wild one too, we're stuck in a pretty wild propaganda storm, with pretty hard extremes. Australia has definitely been putting a lot of emphasis on green technology in recent years, which is applaud worthy. media has put a lot of emphasis on the climate change effects on australias brushfires, which appears to be very justifiable and an important introduction to the world we've created and the increased likelihood of aberrant and extreme weather conditions creating problems becomes greater and more frequent. but there are arsonists at least charged, who are they and what the fuck are they doing. Despite not being a major contributor to the current problem (the start of the fires is not the issue, so much as the inability to contain it during this extraordinarily current dry hot summer) it still makes you really curious what the hell they are doin' right?

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> but there are

> arsonists at least charged, who are they and what the fuck are they

> doing. Despite not being a major contributor to the current problem (the

> start of the fires is not the issue, so much as the inability to contain

> it during this extraordinarily current dry hot summer) it still makes

> you really curious what the hell they are doin' right?

All over 200 have been arrested (mostly teens out of school) and 25 have been charged with setting the fires but large forests Fire should not continue to burn,

Why fires continue to burn nowadays is because of “tree huggers” that fought against controlled burning, big patches of fire roads and other forest management things just like the peeps did in California and other parts of our country/the world,

Not arguing climate change but 100 years ago Australia had even hotter temperatures than it did now, so ya arsonists started the fires but lack of forest management due to environmentalist/tree huggers made it worse, making laws, policies and protest based on feelings is wrong,

Many of these tree hugger type people sabotage the trees causing injury to Forster‘s tree cutting crews kinda like people protesting abortion blowing up abortion clinics and or killing doctors, sabotaging meatpacking plants putting traps so hunters get injured or killed,

Hunters/fishermen/outdoorsmen provide money for all kinds of parks, forests and conservation putting them out of business would make everything worse,

Teddy Roosevelt was a hunter all over the world and killed all kinds of animals, he even killed a leopard with his bare hands that led to his demise later but he realized uncontrolled hunting and raping forests was wrong and formed national forest and national parks,

Hunting, fishing licenses and tags monies are needed to protect wildlife as well as culling/killing deer or other animals overpopulation that destroy habitats that people protest all the time, These feelings peoples don’t understand it’s better to lose a few trees or animals then have a catastrophe and lose it all,

Not in every issue but many forefathers/old leaders thought practically with insight and commonsense not just with feelings,

Too many people are ruining this country and the world by making big decisions based on their feelings,

Re: Australia burning at both ends

RoffRant©

Re: Australia burning at both ends

I dont see anything supporting that tree huggers blocked and proper burn management. Yes its true certain types of forests require semi regular controlled burning to prevent buildup of excessive kindling. But both Australia and California do this, though this past year especially saw a short winter which is when you can do burns controlled.

Not sure where the Australia used to be hotter comes from either, but the hottest years in the past century have been the past decade, and this year was uncharacteristically bad with short winters limiting controlled burns and longer hotter stretches of high temps and draught

So what's the solution? I dont know that there is one necessarily but we are in a changing world that will be increasingly difficult to live in without adapting

Also just to avoid misinformation most of the 200 charged were not deliberate fire starting, just careless idiocy in period of high risk; people starting cooking fires or even just flicking cigarettes

Gonna also go ahead and I think agree*? That trophy hunting is a specific and creepy sort of psychopath, and that sustainable forestry needs to be promoted whenever possible

Re: Australia burning at both ends

humans are total parasites to this planet. the vegetation need the earth to survive. animals need the vegetation, and the earth to survive. humans need the animals, vegetation, and earth to survive. earth mother provider NEEDS none of it........im hopeful anything that still survives when the crap hits the fan. they have a little more foresight, and respect for the mother provider. the smartest of humans are stupid as F.....myself included....sorry, not sorry MA people......she, he, all that is, grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change. the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference. this is my mantra that keeps me glued together while making baby steps toward being part of the solution, while entangled in being part of the problem.

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Re: Australia burning at both ends

> ID OD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> humans are total parasites to this planet. the vegetation need the earth

> to survive. animals need the vegetation, and the earth to survive.

> humans need the animals, vegetation, and earth to survive. earth mother

> provider NEEDS none of it........im hopeful anything that still survives

> when the crap hits the fan. they have a little more foresight, and

> respect for the mother provider. the smartest of humans are stupid as

> F.....myself included....sorry, not sorry MA people......she, he, all

> that is, grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change.

> the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the

> difference. this is my mantra that keeps me glued together while making

> baby steps toward being part of the solution, while entangled in being

> part of the problem.

Humans fit in pretty well, until we harnessed petroleum, both for fuel, and fertilizer, once we could produce enough food to store, our population exploded, most recently plastic production, I think that is the straw that will do us in.

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Ken Roff said:` Too many people are ruining this country and the world by making big decisions based on their feelings,'

Truer words were never smoked,Ken. They think they know all, but look at how neglect of the power line areas and roads left them open to worse fires.

Greenies are ruining Califunny.

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Raisins are ruining the Gunshine State.

California has forest fires and Ohio has rivers that caught on fire. Curse that Californian greenie tricky dick who started the epa so Ohio’s rivers wouldn’t burn.

Re: Australia burning at both ends

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > ID OD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > humans are total parasites to this planet. the vegetation need the

> earth

>

> > to survive. animals need the vegetation, and the earth to survive.

>

> > humans need the animals, vegetation, and earth to survive. earth

> mother

>

> > provider NEEDS none of it........im hopeful anything that still

> survives

>

> > when the crap hits the fan. they have a little more foresight, and

>

> > respect for the mother provider. the smartest of humans are stupid as

>

> > F.....myself included....sorry, not sorry MA people......she, he, all

>

> > that is, grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change.

>

> > the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the

>

> > difference. this is my mantra that keeps me glued together while

> making

>

> > baby steps toward being part of the solution, while entangled in being

>

> > part of the problem.

>

> Humans fit in pretty well, until we harnessed petroleum, both for fuel,

> and fertilizer, once we could produce enough food to store, our

> population exploded, most recently plastic production, I think that is

> t.

a quick reminder that prior to drilling oil and mining coal, we burned almost every last tree from the continent of europe, most of eastern US was logged flat and any developing countries still slash and burn to clear brush and forest.

also "the straw that will do us in" heheh, nice one

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Extremes......extremes.....ALL bad.

Right now environmental Extremists are ruining Califunny and costing a lot of jobs in the reality based, so called ' fly-over' US states.

Extremely arrogant greenies. LOL!

Re: Australia burning at both ends

this shit is lit fam

(c.a. 2016)

Re: Australia burning at both ends

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> this shit is lit fam

>

> (c.a. 2016)

what does this mean willd? inquiring minds want to know.

Re: Australia burning at both ends

just silly reference to already pretty dated slang terms. c.a. 2016 it was popular to describe things which were exciting as "lit" and speak to friends as family, shortened as "fam"

One could say "it's lit fam" meaning wow exciting things are going on here, hey guys! but in a more literal sense of the words australia is infact lit. on fire. (ex: what's up? the sky. hahaha not funny)

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Kevin Bishop /

They pretty much have done it to themselves. They have been in a drought for over 10 years and they made deals with China to sell over 200 million liters of bottled water annually. 98mil to just one company alone. They could just try and put the fires out with koalas blood.

Roff: it’s three seasons btw spring summer and autumn :)

Re: Australia burning at both ends

I'm pretty sure California originally became popular because of greed for gold, not people wanting to escape winter.

Forests did just fine for millions of years without controlled burns before humans came along.

For children basically are slave labor when in made China made bull crap Solar panels and Storage batteries, hundreds to thousands of children die mining, making batteries and electric shit just so you western people could have your air conditioning and EV vehicles,

I guess you hand made whatever laptop/phone you are using to post all this ingorance?

Re: Australia burning at both ends

Rick Bergsma /

Re: Australia burning at both ends

𝐿𝑖𝑘𝑎-𝐿𝑜𝑡𝑎𝑠𝑎𝑢𝑟 𝑀𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑝𝑢𝑠 🦖 /

Get it over with talking points. Do It noone will give 2 shakes of a wet dick. DO something about it!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account