Re: Off topic car rant! WHY is a manual transmission car so hard to find?!?

That's the same guy who was bringing in all the cool Japan market Gyros? That truck is cool, but I'd have a hell of a time trying to drive it! :) Looks like the early Toyota vans we got here, but the stick shifts on them were on the floor, as nature intended! How's the Fox?

There are almost nothing but manual transmission cars here in Germany.

Everything from small commuters to family cars. Trucks and vans.

Because Manual transmissions are more reliable and MUCH SAFER. I will gladly argue that with anyone.

Germany has some laws and junk that rub me the wrong way. But they get driving right. Almost perfect.

Manual transmission gives the driver a better feel for the connection to the road. That is vital for driving crazy fast in the snow and rain. Which, they do routinely on the Autobahn.

Having your hands full and attention on operating the machine means you are forced to be more attentive to all aspects of driving. It is too difficult to text and drive while accelerating through an intersection if you are making gear changes.

I hate the “Man” taking away my choices and freedom. I know a guy with a new American spec Aldi. The automatic transmission had a fault. It shut down in a roundabout and could not be moved. He had to call for a tow and would have had to pay out the ass if the vehicle wasn’t under warranty. Fuck that shit.

I will only buy manual transmission cars. My wife drives a stick. My kids will be forced to drive stick if they ever want to drive before they move out.

American cars are only automatic because that’s, unfortunately, the primary market there. Ignorant, lazy, fat asses that want to play with their phone and shove French fries in their face while they run over pedestrians and pull out in front of MC riders killing them. Sliding off the road all winter making tow truck drivers rich. Living in fear of the day the designed obsolescence feature kicks in at less than 100K miles and costs $3-4 grand to get it bandaided back to working because ain’t no way in hell anyone can fix it.

Sorry for the long rant. I HATE automatics. It’s like a world where all films are replaced by reality shows. All food is microwave dinners. All music is that free shit on YouTube videos or commercial jingles.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> That's the same guy who was bringing in all the cool Japan market Gyros?

> That truck is cool, but I'd have a hell of a time trying to drive it! :)

> Looks like the early Toyota vans we got here, but the stick shifts on

> them were on the floor, as nature intended! How's the Fox?

Yep same guy, he’s working on sending over a container of goodies. I’ve got a tdr80 in there so I can finally ditch my ns50. The fox is great, just put some fancy seats out of a gli in it. Unfortunately though one of the heater core hoses has a crack in it, so I gotta keep topping it off with water every few days. Thankfully it’s outside of the firewall. Gonna be pulling the engine soon enough to swap it out for a hotter iteration and fix that while I’m at it. It’s too hard to dick with the hoses, they’re right under the battery box and right above the passengers side cv axle.

5C4FF16F-68E5-4A4D-B6D5-14B7AAEAD977.jpeg
50D4196D-9F9E-4AAD-B337-E324A543E3EC.jpeg

damn those are cool. is it street legal?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account