Well I’ll start off by saying I made a bad buy

Joseph McKinney /

I have a gy6 motor I’m working on .I replaced the Flywheel made a rookie mistake did this in the dark with a flash light . No patience I guess . The gasket did not seat properly bc it was dark stupid Ben kickin MySelf for it filled it up with oil saw the leak .didnt run it had to completely drain it an make another gasket. As I was cleaning it for the second time I noticed this hole ? Is it supposed to be there I didn’t think it was. an used a heliarc an filled the hole in I couldn’t find anything online that showed that piece at that angle to see if it had a hole . Does anybody on here know? ???

4EF3B533-5E24-43B2-819D-B40643A3C663.jpeg
47E31AAC-9D6C-4372-9A19-F2B04B25DD57.jpeg
F08B3CE3-68B5-49E9-9D9C-0E1A4DD1C0EA.jpeg

Re: Well I’ll start off by saying I made a bad buy

It looks like a blind cavity. post a picture of what ever covers it.

Joseph McKinney /

It’s the cover over the flywheel i couldn’t find a good pic online it’s A Kazuma 250cc gy6 motor right side cover stator an flywheel cover that hole was on the crankcase kind of like a port ? But it wasn’t round it was more of a hole maybe something jabbed through it I’m not really sure I just bought it

1F100142-D393-4F80-A38E-EE61E2AC7662.jpeg
59E06222-2318-4064-8BAE-416B4661DCB1.jpeg

You may have better luck on a scooter forum, especially with the 250 size, we are mainly about 50cc 2 stroke vintage mopeds here, but you did find the right forum if anyone knows. Best of luck with repairs. There are powersport dealers that sell those atv's, maybe get in contact with one and see if you can purchase a service manual? (edited)

I'd look at the inside of the flywheel cover and see what the cavity that matches up with it looks like. In the photo it doesn't look like it goes all the way through, almost like its a weird piece of casting flash.

yea i'm feeling pretty confident that's crappy casting and cleanup in a place that doesnt matter

Pushrod Fifty /

Looks like a blind cavity, I've seen them before. Mostly there for structural integrity of the case. They have to be vented or else pressure will build up with heat and blow through the gasket. The mold had a core that created a thru hole there but it must have got stuck and took some casting with it. Should be fine as is or if your worried about what a potential buyer would think, use Marine Tex grey to patch it and drill a small hole to vent it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account