OK boomer

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

hehe, silly boomers.

Re: OK boomer

Josiah Radebaugh /
download1.jpeg

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

When did you take that picture of the Trac?! It looks so good!

"Ok millennials, but we're the people who actually have the money"

CGKIBKQGFYI6VEIYEXLL2N67WE.jpg

Ok, everyone...arguing amongst ourselves makes matters worse. Generally speaking, the young don't respect the old, and vice-versa. Seems like a cultural flaw.

Funny how the same folks who won't tolerate racism, sexism, xenophobia, Islamophobia, and an onslaught of other isms and phobias, seem to be OK with perpetrating agism. (edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I either get respect or I'd beat it into him oh wait a minute oh that's right we're supposed to be PC object strongly instead

> A Zed Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Ok, everyone...arguing amongst ourselves makes matters worse. Generally

> speaking, the young don't respect the old, and vice-versa. Seems like a

> cultural flaw.

>

> Funny how the same folks who won't tolerate racism, sexism, xenophobia,

> Islamophobia, and an onslaught of other isms and phobias, seem to be OK

> with perpetrating agism.

There's two sides to every story was my point... I'm gen-x

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

I made this thread as a joke but upon further consideration, it was a mistake.

> Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

> I made this thread as a joke but upon further consideration, it was a

> mistake.

I agree with what you just said, and I'm glad you see that now. I wonder if you see it the same way I do, though.

Judging by your photo, it looks like you're a pretty young feller. Your joke was lost on me.

My point...what if I--a white guy--dropped the "N" word as a joke? That wouldn't be OK, would it? Because racism is taboo, but agism is not.

You failed, brother. Intolerance is intolerance.

Nice shot of you and your bike in the snow, BTW. I never got into mopeds when I lived in Ohio (though my friend down the street had a brand-new '78 Garelli Gulp, because back then you could ride a moped in Ohio at age 14). (edited)

> A Zed Wrote:

> Ok, everyone...arguing amongst ourselves makes matters worse. Generally

> speaking, the young don't respect the old, and vice-versa. Seems like a

> cultural flaw.

>

> Funny how the same folks who won't tolerate racism, sexism, xenophobia,

> Islamophobia, and an onslaught of other isms and phobias, seem to be OK

> with perpetrating agism.

I think it was a direct response to agism, like "millenials killed the housing industry" and "millenials can't keep a job" and "millenials are lazy" or "can't you see what the millenials are doing to the soil"

and finally the "millenials" got fed up with this older generation complaining about them, and summed it up with a "yea, ok boomer"

> A Zed Wrote:

> My point...what if I--a white guy--dropped the "N" word as a joke? That

> wouldn't be OK, would it? Because racism is taboo, but agism is not.

>

> You failed, brother. Intolerance is intolerance.

haha this is truly perfect. One comment that is a complete encapsulation of the attitude being mocked by the meme. An older white man so entitled to reverence that he compares a joke dismissing this exact type of behavior to using the the n word. classic.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

> A Zed Wrote:

> > Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I made this thread as a joke but upon further consideration, it was a

>

> > mistake.

>

> I agree with what you just said, and I'm glad you see that now. I

> wonder if you see it the same way I do, though.

>

> Judging by your photo, it looks like you're a pretty young feller. Your

> joke was lost on me.

>

>

>

> Nice shot of you and your bike in the snow, BTW. I never got into

> mopeds when I lived in Ohio (though my friend down the street had a

> brand-new '78 Garelli Gulp, because back then you could ride a moped in

> Ohio at age 14).

I can see ow my message could have been misinterperated. BUt understand that even my teachers make fun of the OK Boomer thing. I've never seen a group take it as seriously as MA. It is quite odd. Also, thank on that picture compliment, @Peug103 took it for me. That Old Batavus is now just very pretty, yet still trash.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> > A Zed Wrote:

>

>

> > My point...what if I--a white guy--dropped the "N" word as a joke?

> That

>

> > wouldn't be OK, would it? Because racism is taboo, but agism is not.

>

> >

>

> > You failed, brother. Intolerance is intolerance.

>

> haha this is truly perfect. One comment that is a complete encapsulation

> of the attitude being mocked by the meme. An older white man so entitled

> to reverence that he compares a joke dismissing this exact type of

> behavior to using the the n word. classic.

Yeah, this is a fallacious assumption that a young person calling an elder "Boomer" is somehow equal to a white person saying the N-word to someone of color.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

Good use of the word Fallacious. I haven't heard that in a while.

I guess you could say that this comment section is EXPLODING with BOOMers

> A Zed Wrote:

> > Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy Wrote:

>

>

> > I made this thread as a joke but upon further consideration, it was a

>

> > mistake.

>

> I agree with what you just said, and I'm glad you see that now. I

> wonder if you see it the same way I do, though.

>

> Judging by your photo, it looks like you're a pretty young feller. Your

> joke was lost on me.

>

>

The word used to informally describe someone born during the baby boom is not equivalent to the n word. One describes a time period, the other has been used to oppress an entire race for hundreds of years.

Stop trying to justify and quantify your bias and intolerance by comparing one disrespectful action with another. Try respecting one another.

I am including myself in this, because I mess up too.

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah pretty soon the baby boomers are going to be pulling all their money out of the stock market to use for the retirement since most of the best generation (which is before the baby boomers 74-100 year olds), which are the richest)

I feel so sorry for my children and their grandchildren and me when I file for Social Security because there will be hardly anybody putting into the fund plus they won’t have children that will contribute into the ss fund basically all just single parents that suck money from the government to make ends meet,

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> > A Zed Wrote:

>

>

> > My point...what if I--a white guy--dropped the "N" word as a joke?

> That

>

> > wouldn't be OK, would it? Because racism is taboo, but agism is not.

>

> >

>

> > You failed, brother. Intolerance is intolerance.

>

> haha this is truly perfect. One comment that is a complete encapsulation

> of the attitude being mocked by the meme. An older white man so entitled

> to reverence that he compares a joke dismissing this exact type of

> behavior to using the the n word. classic.

I'm surprised this comment took this long to surface.

I don't take offense to anyone making fun of me because of my age, and honesty, I understand the angst. Coming up in Reagan's America, we were all at odds with the Greatest Generation, and the Silent Generation. According to the scales, I'm technically a Boomer, albeit the late, late end of the spectrum.

My point was clearly lost on you, Mr. Bummerzz--which was simply was that agism is another ism that divides us, regardless of whether it's the young making fun of the old, or vice-versa.

Yes--classic, indeed, and the irony wasn't lost on me that an entitled white man such as yourself took the time to point out not only how entitled I am (a fact that I am not in denial about), but that you proved my exact point with your comment about my age (another fact that I am not in denial about).

https://www.vox.com/2019/11/19/20963757/what-is-ok-boomer-meme-about-meaning-gen-z-millennials

That said--I get it. We live in a very polarized point in history; more so than my old ass has ever seen. The harder things get, it seems the more we all want to argue. I've never blamed Gen X (my little sister who is 1-1/2 years my junior belongs to this group), Gen Z, millenials, or anyone else for the state of the world, and as a late Boomer, I can honestly say that I'm not a conservative, I'm not resistant to change, I don't discount what young people say, and I won't tell you to get off my lawn, because I don't have a lawn.

Remembering my own youth in White Suburban Middle Class America,I guess that's just how it's always been, and how it always will be--the young and the old will butt heads.

As I type this, having recanted my own experience coming of age in the late-'70's-early-'80's, and reading the article I posted above, I guess I can't blame the youth for being pissed-off at the older folks. I sure as hell was. (edited)

The disrespect for CONSERVATIVE Boomers is an animal that comes about due the Liberal Educators that have INFECTED society with their animalistic views.

The higher the Education in general, the less REAL education is received,and THAT being morally bankrupt.

There...….FLAME ON! LOL!

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> Yeah pretty soon the baby boomers are going to be pulling all their

> money out of the stock market to use for the retirement since most of

> the best generation (which is before the baby boomers 74-100 year olds),

> which are the richest)

>

> I feel so sorry for my children and their grandchildren and me when I

> I file for Social Security because there will be hardly anybody putting

> into the fund plus they won’t have children that will contribute into

> the ss fund basically all just single parents that suck money from the

> government to make ends meet,

Roff, you're a Boomer, because I am, and you're a few years older than I am.

Francis Cronley /

lmao y'all are wild. As a gen Z- or "zoomer"

shut up boomers

> Francis Cronley Wrote:

> lmao y'all are wild. As a gen Z- or "zoomer"

>

> shut up boomers

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> The disrespect for CONSERVATIVE Boomers is an animal that comes about

> due the Liberal Educators that have INFECTED society with their

> animalistic views.

>

> The higher the Education in general, the less REAL education is

> is received,and THAT being morally bankrupt.

>

> There...….FLAME ON! LOL!

The problem with conservative boomers is that they don't get to see how wrong they are on their policies cause they'll be dead once the effects are apparent. We're left to clean up their shit because they were never taught critical thinking skills (or maybe it was the leaded gasoline fumes back in the day or something, I dunno). They push their dated agenda (the agenda of the ultra rich) because they cannot think for themselves. They point to the Bible, words written by other men, not deities, roughly 2000 years ago, because they cannot think for themselves. I wouldn't have a problem with baby boomers if they didn't fuck over their grandchildren and great grandchildren by being selfish, asshole sheep.

Don, in the many posts you have written on the OT forum, I have never once thought 'ah yes, that's a fresh perspective and a good point'. You regurgitate bullshit fed to you by other people with their own agendas. You won't wake up because you're in your own happy little world. That's fine, but don't push your non-existent fantasy on us cause that shit is going to get our species killed.

My problem is not with the old, but with the vast majority of the old who are too delusional to think for themselves, or acknowledge the realities that our country/species is faced with.

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> My problem is not with the old, but with the vast majority of the old

> who are too delusional to think for themselves, or acknowledge the

> realities that our country/species is faced with.

Like this one:

donohio.jpg

(edited)

That old dude in the picture looks like a freak

I just hope the millennial's legacy amounts to more than just a meme.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I was part of the me generation and I'll tell you what I did enough of my share of Peruvian marching powder and all the good stuff while I had the chance...

Oh yeah that privileged white guy thing that only works if you have money or a nice crew cut

> A Zed Wrote:

> > Francis Cronley Wrote:

>

>

> > lmao y'all are wild. As a gen Z- or "zoomer"

>

> >

>

> > shut up boomers

>

> http://m.quickmeme.com/img/a2/a250e5b7cca9b93f50b8e8b371b9f688ebb521336fed1402df7b56e17fc4b1b3.jpg

^ lol, I can sort of see it. It is our American culture that seems to have no respect for age and experience, not that all older people deserve it, nor do all younger people, duchebaggery knows no age. There are a few things I would like to point out to the younger set, and I mean none of it in a talk down to you way, as I despised that about my elders when I was younger, first off, I really don't hate you guys, you are just living in your prime and loving it, as you should, only thing I really have a hard time with is the CONSTANT phone in face thing, it is so annoying, but you grew up with it where I did not, so I can (usually) keep frustration in check, I got the same level of shit for wearing my walkman back in the day. However, there is NO conceivable excuse for the man bun, quit that shit forthwith! Seriously, stop, nothing wrong with long hair, had it down to the middle of my back for yrs, but that is heinous. Secondly, younger people tend to dis religion pretty hard, what you fail to understand is how hard it was pushed on people, up until maybe 30-40 yrs ago, it was pushed as an absolute, no if's and's or buts, I was raised guilty, I mean Catholic, but chose not to buy into it as I came to understand the world and of course read, but many of an even older group than I were indoctrinated so hard into this, and really, and I mean REALLY believe it, you will never change their minds, let it go. (you are right by the way) ;) The millennial's and younger are on us older people about the environment, pollution, here to tell you this is nothing new, people have been rallying about this since the '60's, what has changed is the population has increased exponentially, and therefore so has pollution, we can't live as we do and not pollute, personally I think we have passed the tipping point on this, and the ecosystem will take care of us humans, but I hope one of you young upstarts with your fancy tech proves me wrong. By all means, fix it if you can. The way to fix it it is to eliminate greed, and I say good luck with that, but it is the cause of pollution, economic divide, and general un-coolness across everything. Stew on that awhile. The last thing I will address here is the rise of the internet, it is right up there with the wheel and fire as a very huge and real change in how humanity "is", it is an incredible tool, but also has changed forever how people interact, for better or worse. If you have lived with the internet your whole life you approach life in a very different manner than those of us who did not, if you can accept and remember that, and we can accept that the younger see things so differently than we do, we can communicate and get along, media seems to be pushing us apart, but only together can we make the world a better place. Clear, honest communication, and the elimination of greed through thankfulness for how well off we are, is how we can stop humanity from circling the drain. Best of luck to all of us.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I had a Timex Sinclair when I was 12...

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account