`And Justice for All'

Re: `And Justice for All'

It was a better Metallica album :)

It isn't my favourite Metallica album, but over the years i'm starting to enjoy it more.

The first album I learned on guitar. When it came out in ‘87 I was 14. I sat in my bedroom with the stereo blasting my face off for about 3 days straight. That’s all there was to do, all the kids in the neighborhood went from friends house to house dragging an amp and 6 string. Skateboards didn’t even have a nose on’em. Anyone remember the Zorlac boards?

ED096F21-B66E-4FE2-8A50-AD1927F48F5C.jpeg

The album was also used by the military in the Gulf Invasion to torture the Arabs until Metallica made them cease and desist.

I see what you did there.

Ps: don is a terrible human.

Our military using an anti-corruption album to illegally torture humans in an unjust war that began entirely to enrich those whose corruption inspired the entire fucking album in the first place is peak America.

Asteroid now, please.

I love this video

NEVER FORGET

This is really weird too.

F334C26B-B3B6-4DE1-AED3-4528CB9116CE.jpeg
A86B550B-D66A-486F-BEE4-6053A0D80ADC.jpeg
67D8CFD5-CE5C-4020-BB4F-9F2E1F6B0228.jpeg

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I love this video

>

This song and video influenced me to read the book that the song was based on. I highly recommend it to anyone who has not read it. Dalton Trumbo was a staunch critic of the US government's bloodlust (a lefty, as Mr. Ohio likes to say). It was written in 1938 about a WWI vet, and it ironically had a resurgence in popularity during the Viet Nam war. Its publication got Trumbo blacklisted during the McCarthy era.

The Metallica video features footage from the 1971 movie starring Timothy Bottoms (the older brother of the late Sam Bottoms, who played GM3 Lance B. Johnson in the 1979 movie, Apocalypse Now).

That said, as far as my particular Metallica tastes are concerned, I'm much more a fan of the Cliff Burton-era (Kill 'em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets).

I'm definitely a fan of hijacking any of Don Ohio's stupid posts, and therefore making the OT great again.

(edited)

Wasn’t she actually the daughter of a diplomat and that whole story found to be a fabrication?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nayirah_testimony (edited)

Been learning this one lately,

Man, "Damage" is amazing, making me dig for the CD now, Metallica is what "great" America can come up with, this stuff shreds, been yrs, I now remember why I refuse to grow up.....lol! ;)

What a coincidence Do’nO, he’s on today!

Stay engaged.

George WMD. Bush (edited)

As much of a Cliff-era, non-Jason, non-Robert-era Metallica fan i am, i can't not love Garage Days Re-revisited.

They absolutely kill Killing Joke, and every other cover on this EP:

This re-recording is great.

!

> Megasaurass Rex Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What a coincidence Do’nO, he’s on today!

>

>

>

> Stay engaged.

>

> George WMD. Bush

Great interview! Glad he's enjoying good health!

Re: !

Re: !

This is still hilarious,

Brad William /

Another expression of the social divide. Fox news viewers are made to believe that criminals are mollycoddled and, gasp, rewarded with percs, and the prison system is pretty much non-stop, tax burdening, holiday fun for all.

Mother jones readers, meanwhile, see abu ghraib pits of calcutta crime against humanity corporate profiteering around every corner.

The truth that is somewhere in between, just gets drowned out in the shouting anymore.

Alexandro Ramirez-Nagy /

That's not my favorite album, but it's not bad. I'm more of a jazz or swing person myself.

Remember the time David Copperfeind made the Stature of Liberty Dissaappeerree?

Where did it go?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

G maybe they're trying to hide something in the news for the last 4 years what could that be?

e1817b4880eabf5df39ce491110d42ae.jpg

Never knew they did this at the MTV awards.

Newsted really is an awful bass player compared to Burton and Trujillo.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account