Re: Help me find my dream car

Did you take a break or was all that typed in one go?

Re: Help me find my dre

Overpriced Parts /

These electric vehicles that are being produced as obsolete as any kind electronic devices after they come out,

solid state batteries are the newest crave so whenever you buy a new electric car or electric battery with wheels underneath it whatever it’s already obsolete

Solid state batteries will last a few years maybe five and then something else will come out,

Funny the electric hand wired tube guitar amplifiers that made the best sound from still sound the best, As well as muscle cars, 2t Street bikes/Enduro bikes and Moped’s,

Everybody keep reinventing fads accomplishing nothing,

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Working on an essay for school...

Wait I meant assignment. You say essay in the hood...

You best mean it.

Rand Jacobson /

I had a isuzu trooper I liked quite a bit. What about a 4x4 Tercel?

Toyota Corolla or a Mercedes 300

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I've always wanted one of those Mitsubishi lawn trucks or maybe a dahastse cube or a Grumman.. I.e. tasty kake truck...

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yeah willD I understand you’re in the business of chemicals, not saying

> most rare metals are dangerous what I’m saying is even a small brand new

> smart dumbing phones/electronics being made overseas contaminates land,

> water and air and forced labor/child labor people with no human rights

> being abused

>

> all the while using fossil fuels Including coal being burned

>

> The large container ships use huge amount of fossil fuels the transport

> the overseas crap,

>

> The more things we buy the more they pollute and the more slave/child

> labor will be used,

>

> These battery with wheels vehicles and dumbing smart phones still have

> to be plugged in/powered up,

>

> (funny you mentioned hexavalent chromium WillD because that with Erik

> Brockovich helped bankrupt PG&E who’s been shutting off the power in

> spots in California recently not to cause more Forest fires/Air

> pollution/loss of life and property then they already caused so how are

> people powering up their battery powered vehicles there?

>

> I understand the genie is out of the bottle and this is never going to

> end but if these green laws and Labor laws are being forced on us and

> they need to be forced on the other countries or nothing should be

> allowed to be purchased from these countries!

Got it, yea. I agree I'd like to see more requirements on ensuring ethical practice from imported goods. Instead of blanket bans, ensuring people are paid a living wage, meet health standars, etc. but that requires auditing, which requires foreigners evaluating plants and someone to pay auditors. It's not an easy one to implement but I do totally agree that global implementation of environmental requirements is needed. Things like the Paris accord were a good start. I really think a more focused approach to a "trade" war could have made some actual progress if it targeted specific issues, for ex: China avoiding and fabricating emissions data, patent infringements, etc etc instead of careless blanket punches.

Regarding the full carbon impact of things like batteries and green technology, transportation and shipping etc, that's already covered in detail with a few different metrics designed to calculate a total CO2 "cradle to grave" cost. California's ARB GREET calculations are a pretty good benchmark. tax on the total CO2 emissions would enable the actual cost of pollution from transpacific shipping for example to be reflected in the paid prices for goods. It does add a shitload of beurocraxy however, but again one I agree with you is beneficial if implemented correctly

I had 3 isuzu troopers in high school, we'd buy em from car auctions super cheap, usually they'd been rolled over but were pretty much totally fine. they do roll super easy - we rolled one going almost 50 and I distintly remember us in the car as it's sliding on it's side down the road. it was crazy. tipped it back up and it almost coulda driven home. broke motor mounts and some stuff disconnected but it was still very fixable. cool cars. beat the hell out of em and they just kept asking for more

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I had 3 isuzu troopers in high school, we'd buy em from car auctions

> super cheap, usually they'd been rolled over but were pretty much

> totally fine. they do roll super easy - we rolled one going almost 50

> and I distintly remember us in the car as it's sliding on it's side down

> the road. it was crazy. tipped it back up and it almost coulda driven

> home. broke motor mounts and some stuff disconnected but it was still

> very fixable. cool cars. beat the hell out of em and they just kept

> asking for more

Most times cars are worth less than motorcycles in my area,

My first car 72 Camaro was $175, my second car 68 sport fury was $85, my third car was a 72 satellite Sebring plus for $50 my fourth car was a 73 Chevy nova hatchback for $100,

my fifth car 1973 homemade Chevy conversion van for $200, my 6th car was a Ford country Squire wagon for $300,

I had other vehicles barely paying more than a couple thousand dollars per vehicle though I paid 6k for my 2003 Chevy Astro and 7k for 2004 dodge caravan in 09 still have the Astro but the caravan nickeled and dimed to death so we got rid of it,

My last two cars past few years was Honda Odyssey van for $2300 2 years ago which included two sets of tires and 87 323 wagon few months less than $1000,

My rule for buying a used car is $1000 for every year of use with around 400$ worth of repairs/high wear items per year like tires brakes and battery

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Ice cream truck...

Overpriced Parts /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> Ice cream truck...

Many cities in my state do not allow ice cream trucks because of fatalities of kids running across the street and getting hit by cars

♣Slew Foot♣ /

That's even better do it up like a pirate ship with the Jolly Rogers all over it couple Mr yuks. Have it play something evil... A few ped Xing signs or schoolzone with the circle x...

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Is it an ice cream truck if you don't sell ice cream?

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> Oil from the shop on my phone

Shops usually have shop rags for cleanup

This thread IS awesome. Been feeling like I've been hijacking a few lately so I'll help to keep this one on topic.

20161010_181916.jpg

If I can't have one mode of transportation I'll take the other..

20170519_180758.jpg

Factory Turbo, same with the 4runner

20180131_002619.jpg

Not very utilitarian but thought it would be appreciated anyway.

20181110_123035.jpg

Also one of my all time favorites. Will always be impressed with these machines. Of course the TD is the one for the moped carrying crowd.

20180705_151248.jpg

o.k. I guess none of them are cheap, only some are small but they are all interesting and efficient (at least in my mind).

> Norris Hall Wrote:

> If I can't have one mode of transportation I'll take the other..

^Mmmm, 500 s coupe? Drools....so hard... :)

Yes! I think I posted a pic of it before. Did you ever end up going after that SEL?

Sadly no....it is still sitting there, taunting me, but it is simply not practical, I have not even gone in to talk to the owner, to see what is wrong...too tempting, I don't need a money pit, no matter how beautiful it is. :)

Practical, no. Fun, yes. Money pit, depends. Most of them tended to be maintained by folks who could afford to. If you can find one that has been well maintained with lower miles then you usually are good.

It was sidelined for a reason, body is very nice, has a new gas tank in it, but something caused it to be parked....and then the broken window, someone tried to steal it would be my guess, doing who knows what, dash/column ARE undamaged...hood is half popped....damn, this thing is in my head again! :D

uh oh, sorry..

One of my favorite things about them is when you floor it and the front end picks up 6 inches and you leave a double stripe on the pavement...I'll shut up now ;p

^ Lmfao....don't be sorry, if it was a coupe, I already would have made a deal for it....

Haha, yeah the SEL's are maybe just a little bit Grandma, not when you punch it though..

I love the sedan's always been a big 4dr luxury car guy, one of my faves was my '73 Buick 225, "duce and a quarter" 455, no B pillar, no slouch when you stomped that either, as well as my '78 Olds '98, 403....prob of all the cars I have had, (close to 100 at this point) my all time favorite, the Buick had fender skirts though...hmmmm...lol. The 500s coupe is a VERY special car, love those tires, quite the foot-print. Had a '76 Fleetwood as well, 500ci, but it was a dog speed wise, lots of torque though, and the awesome no B pillar styling.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account