Re: Help me find my dream car

Vehicross is super funny and cool, there was one fs near me for like 4k but I couldn't do it

Almost bought a 79 monza spyder 305 4 speed car for $2500 this summer but passed. Those are cool cars and fit your paramiters. I also 2nd the fox wagon, perfect moped hauler!.

If you can live with out the super oddball part of the equation, Saturn VUE awd, Toyota Sienna van, around 1999 until the new body style, Honda Odessy vans are dead reliable up to about 250 k when the trans start to fail. Failing all this, for basic just transportation, a 95 Camry with the 4cyl, as exciting as a butter dish, what IS cool is that it always runs, no matter what.

did the timing belt in my samurai over the weekend... 45 mins said and done. SO FCKING EASY. everything about this vehicle...

you can get a RHD turbo one for like $6k ish

11/10 wood recommend. again.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The dreaded one had a Mazda vans I think it was a rav 4. They did not sell them in Japan they were too big for the streets parking.

It ran great for over 10 years four hundred thousand miles on it hardly any maintenance done and it ran around on a bad rear differential all the way from Florida I mean never fixed it it made a lot of noise but it was a thrust washer that they could not get fur a reasonable price and all it did was make it quiet

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Just putting tho pinstripes on....

20191118_113230_Burst01.jpg

69 gran torino fairlane fastback gt...

Orig except the paint

20191118_113220.jpg
20191118_113202.jpg

Overpriced Parts /

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Just putting tho pinstripes on....

>

> 69 gran torino fairlane fastback gt...

>

> Orig except the paint

> >

My Mazda 1987 223 wagon with custom exhaust just rules!

What is nice having at 1,2 mile Private Road by the lake!

I feel so sorry for all these people who live in cities in States governed by nutcase people that make so many laws against them and small businesses because they’re lazy!

They don’t work want everything provided by the government, don’t produce anything to perpetuate the government or the race that they belong too!

Soon as it gets like this/Main stream, nut case people Who don’t produce anything for the country, where I live I’m moving again deeper into the off grid USA,

Is that a Kodak brownie iPhone you are using slewfoot?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Oil from the shop on my phone

♣Slew Foot♣ /

You got to admit when it comes to dream cars that Gran Torino GT Fairlane Fastback is probably one of the best...

Followed by a judge a Super Bee add a roadrunner

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Just putting tho pinstripes on....

>

> >

>

> > 69 gran torino fairlane fastback gt...

>

> >

>

> > Orig except the paint

>

> > >

>

> My Mazda 1987 223 wagon with custom exhaust just rules!

>

> What is nice having at 1,2 mile Private Road by the lake!

>

> I feel so sorry for all these people who live in cities in States

> governed by nutcase people that make so many laws against them and small

> businesses because they’re lazy!

>

> They don’t work want everything provided by the government, don’t

> produce anything to perpetuate the government or the race that they

> belong too!

>

> Soon as it gets like this/Main stream, nut case people Who don’t produce

> anything for the country, where I live I’m moving again deeper into the

> off grid USA,

Just saw an article where Califunny isn't gonna let GM, Cry-Slur or Toymotor sell cars in the State. LOL!

Francis Cronley /

There was a Vehicross a few doors down from the house i was living at when you helped me do an AV10 swap. Never realized how rare and cool they were until much later. That might be the best bet for you and your given requirements. That or another samurai

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> You got to admit when it comes to dream cars that Gran Torino GT

> Fairlane Fastback is probably one of the best...

>

> Followed by a judge a Super Bee add a roadrunner

for someone strictly into muscle cars, sure.

i think i'd have a R34 vspec II, 2jz/rb25/barra powered rat rod model a, and a slick suicide door '66 era continental.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

But I bet if you had a race to fill up the glove box with panties...

> Dickie Thompson Wrote:

> 1979 volvo 242GT:

>

> https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/newton-1979-volvo-242gt-rare-car-in/7020465675.html

>

> 1988 Nissan Pulsar:

> https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/south-lancaster-1988-nissan-pulsar-se/7016348501.html

the volvo is sweet. huge volvo crowd at Import weekend Carislise every year in PA. used to have a C30, the volvo community is pretty cool.

pulsar is neat, they have Sr20's in them iirc? weird looking, different. fun fact, they made a wagon version of them!! very very strange

Dirty30 Dillon /

> My Mazda 1987 223 wagon with custom exhaust just rules!

>

> What is nice having at 1,2 mile Private Road by the lake!

>

> I feel so sorry for all these people who live in cities in States

> governed by nutcase people that make so many laws against them and small

> businesses because they’re lazy!

>

> They don’t work want everything provided by the government, don’t

> produce anything to perpetuate the government or the race that they

> belong too!

>

> Soon as it gets like this/Main stream, nut case people Who don’t produce

> anything for the country, where I live I’m moving again deeper into the

> off grid USA,

Ken, are you alright? You are off the fucking rails, buddy. This post makes NO fucking sense.

one of my best friends in high school got into car culture tuning and all that, but somehow instead of all the other fast and furious nerds he wound up on a 242 turbo done up all group A style, it was crazy fast and unstoppable. One of my alltime favorite cars for sure.

Overpriced Parts /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Overpriced Parts Wrote:

>

> > I feel so sorry for all these people who live in cities in States

>

> > governed by nutcase people that make so many laws against them and

> small

>

> > businesses because they’re lazy!

>

> > They don’t work want everything provided by the government, don’t

>

> > produce anything to perpetuate the government or the race that they

>

> > belong too!

>

> > Soon as it gets like this/Main stream, nut case people Who don’t

> produce

>

> > anything for the country, where I live I’m moving again deeper into

> the

>

> > off grid USA,

>

> Just saw an article where Califunny isn't gonna let GM, Cry-Slur or

> Toymotor sell cars in the State. LOL!

Yeah Dylan your right it didn’t make sense because I trying to make two posts on two threads at once,

No more dream cars Ya just gonna be sitting on a battery with wheels

Just so tired of rich law makers in most big city’s making laws that only hurt hard working American family’s,

Not enforcing laws that promote homelessness, prostitution laziness, enable drug addicts and crime that is needed to pay for it, don’t prosecute for defecating in public, shoplifting/theft up to 950$, prostitution, possession of very dangerous class one drugs and needles,

Forcing so called green laws making houses too expensive to build for the average person having rare earth metals on roofs, only allowing electricity,

Forcing electric vehicles and houses on us, giving tax moneys, when these so-called green batteries, solar panels and mined metals are made in countries that have no human rights allowing them to pollute much as they want

A27F8DA1-9CAC-40FB-B757-EFC12F520256.jpeg
B6C96EF5-3CE3-447B-BA5B-687CE6184E03.jpeg

and using cheep and or child labor

73A785D1-A72F-47F6-A31B-4979FCD7BBF4.jpeg

doing so making the dictatorship countries/dictators very rich,

Make all these other countries be green and have human rights

>

> No more dream cars Ya just gonna be sitting on a battery with wheels

>

not if we can help it. it's just a fad for the next few years imo

> Chris Szuba Wrote:

> > Dickie Thompson Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 1979 volvo 242GT:

>

> >

>

> >

> https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/newton-1979-volvo-242gt-rare-car-in/7020465675.html

>

> >

>

> > 1988 Nissan Pulsar:

>

> >

> https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/south-lancaster-1988-nissan-pulsar-se/7016348501.html

>

> the volvo is sweet. huge volvo crowd at Import weekend Carislise every

> year in PA. used to have a C30, the volvo community is pretty cool.

>

> pulsar is neat, they have Sr20's in them iirc? weird looking, different.

> fun fact, they made a wagon version of them!! very very strange

Forgot about the Pulsar, I believe the "wagon" was a piece you bought and replaced the hatch with, only ever saw one, a buddy owned one, but not with the "wagon" option. Kind of like a Nissan Prelude.

That samurai Is cray cray

Francis Cronley /

Here ya go

FB_IMG_1574308546009.jpg

Ken said: ` No more dream cars Ya just gonna be sitting on a battery with wheels

Just so tired of rich law makers in most big city’s making laws that only hurt hard working American family’s,

Not enforcing laws that promote homelessness, prostitution laziness, enable drug addicts and crime that is needed to pay for it, don’t prosecute for defecating in public, shoplifting/theft up to 950$, prostitution, possession of very dangerous class one drugs and needles,

Forcing so called green laws making houses too expensive to build for the average person having rare earth metals on roofs, only allowing electricity,

Forcing electric vehicles and houses on us, giving tax moneys, when these so-called green batteries, solar panels and mined metals are made in countries that have no human rights allowing them to pollute much as they want '

Dead on,Ken…………….but they can't HANDLE the truth.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Kind of like a Nissan Prelude.

ahhhhh stephen!!!

nissan 200sx or honda prelude ?

A subaru brat would be a great find if you can find one.

> Francis Cronley Wrote:

> Here ya go

> >

Holy shit I almost just flipped my desk over because I stiffened so fast

Damnit sometimes I can't help but bite.

wtf yall so scared of rare earth metals for. I work with rare earth metals every day. You wanna know what they're used for, like the HUGE majority? gas. catalysts for petrochemical processing, plastics and gasoline, for processing food, and the treatment of exhaust...

And they're not the really harmful ones, not like hex chrome anyway.

And theyre not used in solar cells... I dont understand that one. but yes they are used in SOME wind turbines when they have permanent magnets. theyre also used in gas turbines. and steam turbines. and hydroelectric turbines, and little alternators like in these dream cars. How do you think a turbine works? Or just concerned that it might increase demand for rare earths which mostly come from china? It's a fair point but also I'd argue that geopolitics in general, regarding regionally distributed resources, would become less dramatic by shifting away from fossil and nuclear fuels...

Overpriced Parts /

Yeah willD I understand you’re in the business of chemicals, not saying most rare metals are dangerous what I’m saying is even a small brand new smart dumbing phones/electronics being made overseas contaminates land, water and air and forced labor/child labor people with no human rights being abused

7E667743-EE28-4148-B907-94BA5DFB290B.jpeg
818246A1-6D4E-40B9-A15D-1393E1CDCAA4.jpeg

all the while using fossil fuels Including coal being burned

541F9383-9924-4035-B680-E58E38D1DA7F.jpeg

The large container ships use huge amount of fossil fuels the transport the overseas crap,

The more things we buy the more they pollute and the more slave/child labor will be used,

These battery with wheels vehicles and dumbing smart phones still have to be plugged in/powered up,

(funny you mentioned hexavalent chromium WillD because that with Erik Brockovich helped bankrupt PG&E who’s been shutting off the power in spots in California recently not to cause more Forest fires/Air pollution/loss of life and property then they already caused so how are people powering up their battery powered vehicles there?

I understand the genie is out of the bottle and this is never going to end but if these green laws and Labor laws are being forced on us and they need to be forced on the other countries or nothing should be allowed to be purchased from these countries!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account