Help me find my dream car

Not actually looking for a car but curious to see what yall come up with.

Top 4 things I look for in a car, by priority:

1) cheap

2) small

3) interesting. Now that's a tough one because its subjective, and I dont mean "cool" or rare exactly, just something that stands out a little. For example I'd rather have a classic AMC gremlin than a classic Ford mustang. And there are some awful oddballs thatd get lumped into "interesting" like a pt cruiser or something (yucck), but even then I'd rather have a pt cruiser than a Ford escape...

4)efficient. Not real critical but given an equivalent matching pair on the above 3, this be the next deciding factor

Nice to have would be moped carrying capability, convertible, 4wd, 4 seats, also safety, reliability or ease of maintenance

Things I care little or none about: powerful, fast, valuable

And things that are kinda a big turnoff, big stuff mostly, alotta modern crossovers i hate, i dunno

So... from that, what'd be a good car?!

Re: Help me find my dream car

What you want is an old 2t Saab 96.

Still find great ones around here for 1500.

Thinking about selling my 89 blazer soon, was gonna ask like $800. But I've had 3 people knock on my door offering $1500 or more this month. It's a shitty old blazer, albeit in great shape but still. When did it become valueble it's just an old Chevy from the plastic era.

Build that car you drew as a kid that mommy put on the fridge for everyone to see...

drawingcarreal.jpg

Oh man this thread already rules. Gimme a geo metro convertible. I'd definitely have a blast in that thing! Perfect

> Rebel Moby Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Build that car you drew as a kid that mommy put on the fridge for

> everyone to see...

> >

The resemblance is uncanny.

I dunno I think it does resemble a can

Buddy has an ‘87 Suzuki Samurai on his lot for sale right now... 2 owners, 64,000 mi, and begging to be mistreated!

BC8F375D-63CC-4875-A8F3-CCC6D9A5E15C.jpeg

i LOVE my 93 samurai. people talk to me all the time about it.... wood buy another

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Oh man this thread already rules. Gimme a geo metro convertible. I'd

> definitely have a blast in that thing! Perfect

I owned a brand new red one in 1993.

Dodge Colt Vista 4wd. Geo Metro 4dr hatch. Volvo 240 wagon, (stick shift). Honda Wagovan awd. Toyota Tercel wagon awd. Early Subaru loyale wagon 5spd awd. I could go on and on... :) Oh yeah, Subaru Brat.(edited)

Overpriced Parts /

will you really want a car? i have a car we can sell chevy z24 cavilier convertible, auto, about 80 k miles on it, we running when parked. problems with the car besides the rattles associated with a 2000 chevy convertible. AC has slow leak, will run fine if you can keep it charged but lasts about half the summer then its dead. think one of the window motors is a piece of crap. works when it wants. we replaced one already with an upgraded one but not the other. power top works and no holes although it is the original. the only problem is the rear window has separated from the cloth. this has the solid glass window. car was beths moms, both kids drove it in college but now have their own cars. would be better if the car was not around here for emotional reasons you know how to get ahold of me if this is something you might want. motor is solid , trans ok, car is black and has some usual chevy clearcote fade . send me a note if you want this we can work something out

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> Dodge Colt Vista 4wd. Geo Metro 4dr hatch. Volvo 240 wagon, (stick

> shift). Honda Wagovan awd. Toyota Tercel wagon awd. Early Subaru loyale

> wagon 5spd awd. I could go on and on... :) Oh yeah, Subaru Brat.

Oh man, you've got me pinned. Tall wagons are a bug favorite, I've had a colt, but 2wd Plymouth colt, a tercel and a Sentra wagon that I loved, 240 wagons are such beautiful bricks,

And samurai is my car, or well it was til the engine exploded and I cant manage to get the new motor together. Just short on time, it was a giant list of extra tasks just to get the tracker motor in it, now I just need to hook up the fuel pump and exhaust but a big part of me is reluctant just because I'm afraid of finding out some other part didn't work ...

Dirty30 Dillon /

My dream:

download.jpg

Fiat Panda 4x4

Lets not forget, first gen Toyota 4-runner, first gen Scion XB, SOOOO cool, and insanely roomy inside for the size, run forever. Also a honorable mention goes to Early Mitsu Montero/dodge Raider 2drs....so sick, watching one of these as we speak! :) Would really love a wagovan 6spd awd, there is a guy works at a restaurant up the street from me that has one he steadfastly refuses to sell.... :D

> Aaron Blair Wrote:

> What you want is an old 2t Saab 96.

>

> Still find great ones around here for 1500.

>

> Thinking about selling my 89 blazer soon, was gonna ask like $800. But

> I've had 3 people knock on my door offering $1500 or more this month.

> It's a shitty old blazer, albeit in great shape but still. When did it

> become valueble it's just an old Chevy from the plastic era.

^ Take the $1,500 and run! ;)

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> My dream:

>

> Fiat Panda 4x4

Yugo SUV? Love it!

I'd say any older Japanese pickup imported by a US automaker. Chevy LUV, Dodge Ram50, Ford Courier, etc are cheap and reliable and pretty cool

Suburu brat 4x4

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> I'd say any older Japanese pickup imported by a US automaker. Chevy LUV,

> Dodge Ram50, Ford Courier, etc are cheap and reliable and pretty cool

Are there any Courier's left besides mine? Going to sell/scrap it in the spring, just not a "real" enough car anymore. :/

Oh i love this so hard. i'd def enjoy a brat for sure, the fiat panda 4x4 has been on my list for years, 2nd only to the venerable lada niva.

They even had a soft top "cabriolet" version. sick!!!

Overpriced Parts /

Get something that is old enough (25years old) that you don’t have to get the dreaded Cuyahoga county E check!

Anonymous User /
scootertrash

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> > Aaron Blair Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > What you want is an old 2t Saab 96.

>

> >

>

> > Still find great ones around here for 1500.

>

> >

>

> > Thinking about selling my 89 blazer soon, was gonna ask like $800. But

>

> > I've had 3 people knock on my door offering $1500 or more this month.

>

> > It's a shitty old blazer, albeit in great shape but still. When did it

>

> > become valueble it's just an old Chevy from the plastic era.

>

> ^ Take the $1,500 and run! ;)

Run like hell! I gave $1500 for an ‘89 as is.

C9818269-ECD0-448B-8DAC-F76E27457DD7.jpeg

No mirrors, you overpaid...JK, nice truck, the wheels and tires are worth that!

Brad William /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> My dream:

>

> Fiat Panda 4x4

Had a Fiat 1980 127 that looked a lot like that when i lived in Athens, Greece. I loved that car. Dirt simple 4cyl. Front wheel drive. Manual shift. Big hatch back. Fold down seats. Headlights shut off with the ignition key!! Passenger could lock the door on the way out but the driver couldn't. Had to lock it with the key! Fucking car was built for ME! Not once in two years did I lock my keys in (couldn't) or drain the battery by leaving the lights on (couldn't) Fucking brilliant! I'd buy the exact car new again if I could.

Oh, here is another from my wish list from the island of misfit toy cars, and a serious fav, VW Fox wagon! Little tanks! No awd option, but you don't need it. Good luck finding one though.

I love my fox wagon. The 8v engine with cis-e is totally bullet proof. I sold my sedan a few years ago for pennies, the floor on the passenger side was falling out. I literally jumped at the first wagon I saw on Craigslist here a few years back, I am periodically looking for parts cars and haven’t seen another one before or after. The sedans are pretty much all junked by this point too. So sad.The quantum wagon had the synchro 4wd as an option, but those don’t have the same look.

^ Quantum is nothing like the Fox, the

sedans are Meh, the "wagon" is the shit, I have been chasing one around the TC cl for 3 yrs now, always when I just bought a bike or a car does the same one come up, :/ It gets worse looking and needing more work all the time, I'm going to have to go south to find a solid one. Shifter bushings and rust.... :/ But I stand by my statement of little tanks, I got to drive one for a week. Lusted after one ever since. They are solid beasts of cars.

When we were still living in the UK and we'd visit my inlaws in France, I got to use their Fiat Panda 4x4 all the time I was there. That thing was a blast. It was basic as fuck and felt like it was made of tin cans. But that was the only thing that I looked forward to when we went. That and the mother in laws cooking!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account