Diamonds are fucking stupid

just a thought. diamonds are dumb. like, even excluding the nonsense and shit that goes into maining and making em, theyre just a dumb huge waste of money.

Re: Diamonds are fucking stupid

I believe that the fact that they are a huge waste of money is actually their appeal.

I saw a guy make his engagement ring for his fiancé out of meteorite and I really like that idea. I agree with you. Diamonds aren't even rare. It's just shiny carbon, what's the big deal

Josiah Radebaugh /

Just a rare rock. Pretty hard and all, useful for some things. Like cutting other hard things. Let me spend an Ambulance ride to get you this here glass cutter glued to a gold ring.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Believe it or not guys but i fully agree. Dont even get me started on the GIA certified diamond crap... some group got together and figured out a way to regulate diamond sales thus rigging the system in their favor. Its basically the ISO accreditation of the diamond world.

Here this should get you more fired up...

There is one nice aspect to diamonds, which is no-one forces you to buy them.

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I believe that the fact that they are a huge waste of money is actually

> their appeal.

that's pretty much exactly my point, I guess in a broader sense I would say htat ostensity is stupid. garish gaudy pretentious ostentatious adornments, are fucking stupid. the idea of value being tied to cost alone is fuckiiiinggggg stupid

As a material scientist, I love diamond. it's suuuuper cool material, that carbon can bond in som many allotropes is absolutely amazing. and it's the building block of all life. a perfect stable tetrahedral covalent bonding of exactly like atoms. makes it an amazing conductor, very stable at temperature, strong, hard, diamond is absolutely an amazing material.

Even more amazing is synthetic diamond. It's already incredible enough to imagine this being formed from basic everyday carbons manipulated by randomly occuring natural forces, but to be able to do that ourselves with science is truly a triumph of our understanding of materials and the relationships between the processing, microstructures and properties.

But for gaudy expensive jewelry it's stupid. and ignorant. Because for as amazing as man made diamond is, you can get cubix zirc made more easily and if you needed big flamboyant sparkly shit like some manic magpie, it's actually got better optical properties than diamond, like it's a better and cheaper fit for the same end. Like where else do you have the inferior product being more expensive. (iphones maybe? heheh)

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> I believe that the fact that they are a huge waste of money is actually

> their appeal.

^ This.

Overpriced Parts /

Love diamonds! Well the ones that are impregnated on wet saw and dry saw blades otherwise cutting marble and stone would be very difficult,

I like those sucker pop rings!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Scooter trash be like...

video: https://i.imgur.com/Iyrjqt7.gif(edited)

There’s 3 kinds of rings.

Engagement ring

Wedding ring

Suffe ring

onion

cock

Arago

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I told her I’ll have titanium for 100 bucks. :)

chicken rings?

one ring to rule them all?

for whom the bell rings

Chicken rings, hands down!

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Chicken rings, hands down!

Only on OT can we go from diamonds to white castle...

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

not the diamonds, the idiots paying that much for a rock

I'd still rather have chicken rings....

> Ana L. of the Aurora Roras Wrote:

> There’s 3 kinds of rings.

>

> Engagement ring

>

> Wedding ring

>

> Suffe ring

LOL! You missed the `nose ring'...……………...

Neil Diamond is not stupid...

Don't forget the living with the constant ring in all two stroke riders ears.

> cheetahchrome . Wrote:

> Don't forget the living with the constant ring in all two stroke riders

> ears.

Yep

Wait, is that an ear ring or a ring a ding?

No its a hi pitch WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

♣Slew Foot♣ /

So are clubs and hearts don't even get me on spades..

Good ol’ intuitive ads.

E9305414-1519-44A1-89DF-70B0510A0109.jpeg

(edited)

♣Slew Foot♣ /

A 90 year old Italian guy that ran a candy store when I was a kid told me this he said marriage my boy is like prostitution on the installment plan. ....

he also told me that women were a lot like elephants you pay good money to get into the circus you have a good time yeah by peanuts you feed the elephants they do tricks it's awesome but it's a totally different story my boy when they're sitting on your living room sofa...

except for my boy substitute Guido or Goomba... when I was a kid the old timers when you had a iffy name they named you a good one like Spike or Butch so you could substitute one of those two...

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account