ya'll like bobbers?

couldnt help myself.... it's too fckking cool.

'95 suzuki savage (LS650) bored out to 97mm (700cc) with a vm34. she's turn key

has a hard tail conversion

harley aeromacchi tank

chain drive converted using GS550L rear wheel and chain drive parts

frame was powdercoated as were many of the parts on it.

lotta exta's all over it. i love it

bob1.jpg
bob2.jpg
bob3.jpg

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Im not much of a bobber guy but thats pretty decent. Looks like someone actually put effort into it. There seems to be a ton of half finished bobbers on CL.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Im not much of a bobber guy but thats pretty decent. Looks like someone

> actually put effort into it. There seems to be a ton of half finished

> bobbers on CL.

man you're telling me...

yeah this dude spent like 2 years building this thing and was ready to build another. it's just so good looking. i absolutely didnt need it... oh well

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Mid life crisis mobile.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

nice bike downyoshun

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

forks, bars, tires, seat and tank look terrible. You either gotta go real 70's chop look or don't do it at all.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

forks, bars, tires, seat and tank look terrible.

It doesnt look bad!

I just noticed the lack of front fender, i vote throw one on it.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Oh..

That kind of bobber. I wouldnt be ashamed to ride that bobber. I think Will is fuckin wit ya.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

nah i love it. not gonna do a thing to it besides maybe change the gear ratio. it's barebones, simple...

gravity fed 700cc single air cooled thumper. headlight, taillight and a starter. no speedo, rpm's, high beam indicator, turns... nada.

wouldnt have bought it if i didnt love it :D

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

As these things go, looks pretty good, not my style, but if you like it that's all that matters, but does look like time was put into it, unlike so many you see.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

hey theres more'n one of us w/ this logo

there's a lot of complaint's i'd levy against it but it's not bad, it's just not what i'd have done - that's the problem with "someone else's custom" - always a different way to approach it. but i do agree it managed to miss most of the pitfalls that a DIY custom seem to fall into. I would ride it

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

more pics, those first few werent that great...

bo4.jpg
bob5.jpg

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Absolutely jealous and envious of that yellow RZ350! Always wondered if people like myself who have always wanted but never owned one still enjoy them as much after a year or so? Was the enjoyment of the mystique before you owned one better than the enjoyment of the actual ride? Just curious because I need to know if I should leave it on the bucket list or not... sure is beautiful though!

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

> Don M Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Absolutely jealous and envious of that yellow RZ350! Always wondered if

> people like myself who have always wanted but never owned one still

> enjoy them as much after a year or so? Was the enjoyment of the mystique

> before you owned one better than the enjoyment of the actual ride? Just

> curious because I need to know if I should leave it on the bucket list

> or not... sure is beautiful though!

i've only owned it for about 3 months.... so far so good, i still love it!

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Most orginal and unmolested models that have been kept in wonderfully preserved condition seem to go for between $4000 -$7000 doc around here, if and when they actually do come up for sale. I would never ask someone what they paid for it (that is very tacky) but could you tell me what you paid for it? From the little bit that it appears in your bobber pic, it looks to be in really good condition with desent chambers installed...

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

I never really understood the boring out bikes like that. Like, is that extra 7% displacement worth it? I guess they are pretty grossly underpowered being just one big thumper, (like a good 250 makes the same power) but I always feel like you'd be better off with like better valves and cam than just a modest boost to displacement. Maybe that's just less available? I never looked into it.

But really with a full size bike you're rarely full throttle anyway, its hard to picture where the overbore is worth it. And especially on that guy it's already a gigantic thumper

I'm not meaning this to be critical, just dunno why people do it, except maybe just to say they did - like it's a checkbox on a custom bike to have done something custom to the engine too.

still cool, and simple - 1 cylinder, carbureted, air cooled.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

It just looks like it would be brutally uncomfortable to ride, with hardtail and that "seat"..., still clean lines etc, but more a decoration than useful, but that is just from seeing it, not riding it.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I'm not meaning this to be critical, just dunno why people do it, except maybe just to say they did

Honestly, it seems like people that brag about upping the dispatch are normally just a couple ideas away from pulling out the tape measure to see who is bigger. I know you bought it that way Chris, so not implying you. But it does seem like a pricey annoyance to go through for very little gain.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> hey theres more'n one of us w/ this logo

>

> there's a lot of complaint's i'd levy against it but it's not bad, it's

> just not what i'd have done - that's the problem with "someone else's

> custom" - always a different way to approach it. but i do agree it

> managed to miss most of the pitfalls that a DIY custom seem to fall

> into. I would ride it

By the time I realized what I posted it was too late to change.

Honestly though, the only thing I'd change is the tank. Something long and sleek like a coffin tank. Oh and a front fender of some sort. I'd have to ride it before making a judgement call on that rake.(edited)

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

the seat isnt bad with the shock under it. you deffinitly have to have a tighter arse if you will to fit on the seat. im about 5'9 and 170lbs or so, if i was over 200 idt it would be comfy

so im not sure why he bored it out. maybe he was BORED (lol) and wanted something else to do to it? or maybe it was blown? idk

he said this was the second time actually, the first was to 675cc and he didnt break it in and blew it aha (relatable)

it turns heads everywhere and still has decent ground clearance to take turns without having to slow down to 5mph like my other bobber did (06 yamaha vstar, below)

vstar.jpg

(meh ^ pic, when i sold it here's what it looked like - much better imo

https://images.app.goo.gl/mYkhVWhCm8qkiHEu9 )

the rz350 ! it sat in a dudes basement for 7 years without him touching it! he had 2 others, 1 fully built and one stock, also had a RZ500 from canada, a SM cr500 tagged an rd350, rd400, rd400 daytona.... etc etc,, dude could open a museum

Annyyywayyyyy he let me scooop it for what he paid 7.5 years ago now, $3k :)

he was like, i really hope you dont just flip this - heh my nature, i said yeah i understand i could probably get 5 for it or more but nope this is a dream bike so ima hang onto it

i'll snap a pic this afternoon and upload it. i dont have any saved on my work computer and cant bring my phone in with me...

it has 16k on it, dumb clean. DG pipes and upjetted. runs meh, i just got a jet kit in from 6sigma that im hoping will sort out the rest of the issues(edited)

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

i kinda like the little tank. but that's exactly what I was saying before - other peoples customs. theres something each of us would do differently. I guess that's why it works, but one of the things I generally like about this one is it seems to have some more creativity, less of the things everyone tries to replicate.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

> Chris Szuba Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> the seat isnt bad with the shock under it. you deffinitly have to have a

> tighter arse if you will to fit on the seat. im about 5'9 and 170lbs or

> so, if i was over 200 idt it would be comfy

>

> so im not sure why he bored it out. maybe he was BORED (lol) and wanted

> something else to do to it? or maybe it was blown? idk

>

> he said this was the second time actually, the first was to 675cc and he

> didnt break it in and blew it aha (relatable)

>

> it turns heads everywhere and still has decent ground clearance to take

> turns without having to slow down to 5mph like my other bobber did (06

> yamaha vstar, below)

>

> (meh ^ pic, when i sold it here's what it looked like - much better imo

>

> https://images.app.goo.gl/mYkhVWhCm8qkiHEu9 )

>

> the rz350 ! it sat in a dudes basement for 7 years without him touching

> it! he had 2 others, 1 fully built and one stock, also had a RZ500 from

> canada, a SM cr500 tagged an rd350, rd400, rd400 daytona.... etc etc,,

> dude could open a museum

>

> Annyyywayyyyy he let me scooop it for what he paid 7.5 years ago now,

> $3k :)

>

> he was like, i really hope you dont just flip this - heh my nature, i

> said yeah i understand i could probably get 5 for it or more but nope

> this is a dream bike so ima hang onto it

>

> i'll snap a pic this afternoon and upload it. i dont have any saved on

> my work computer and cant bring my phone in with me...

>

> it has 16k on it, dumb clean. DG pipes and upjetted. runs meh, i just

> got a jet kit in from 6sigma that im hoping will sort out the rest of

> the issues

^ now that one is awesome....looking, got a thing for those seats...lol, but yeah I can see where turning would suck...but so "mad-max" :D RZ rocks, keep your eye on that if you ride it anywhere, people steal them.

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> i kinda like the little tank. but that's exactly what I was saying

> before - other peoples customs. theres something each of us would do

> differently. I guess that's why it works, but one of the things I

> generally like about this one is it seems to have some more creativity,

> less of the things everyone tries to replicate.

yeah the tank was what really made it imo... if you clicked the link, you'll see i installed an external fuel gauge on the side of it. pretty cool feature

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> ^ now that one is awesome....looking, got a thing for those seats...lol,

> but yeah I can see where turning would suck...but so "mad-max" :D RZ

> rocks, keep your eye on that if you ride it anywhere, people steal them.

agreed. i'll have a vibration sensor alarm with me if i park it anywhere and wont be within eye sight

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Overpriced Parts /

It’s OK, but I hate saddle type seats because hurts (my boys) on a longer then a few minutes ride and I have to dubs seats on any motorcycle (everyone of my mopeds have big seats on them though I don’t necessarily use them)

I hate any two seater car also Because it’s so dumb only can have one other person enjoy your car!

Back in the day I had A six passenger Mopar c body (actually two of them that were fast) with six people in it waste a late 70s new Corvette ,

Three dudes with three chicks all laughing at the guy and his friend as I wasted him all the way down Lorain Avenue light to light then wasted him on the top end on the newly opened I90!

Many minivans 5-10 years old have 300 HP or near it, it’s funny watching a minivan destroy a two seater sports car including in modest curves,

I had full-size vans that was very fast also,

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It’s OK, but I hate saddle type seats because hurts (my boys) on a

> longer then a few minutes ride and I have to dubs seats on any

> motorcycle (everyone of my mopeds have big seats on them though I don’t

> necessarily use them)

>

> I hate any two seater car also Because it’s so dumb only can have one

> other person enjoy your car!

>

> Back in the day I had A six passenger Mopar c body (actually two of them

> that were fast) with six people in it waste a late 70s new Corvette ,

>

> Three dudes with three chicks all laughing at the guy and his friend as

> I wasted him all the way down Lorain Avenue light to light then wasted

> him on the top end on the newly opened I90!

>

> Many minivans 5-10 years old have 300 HP or near it, it’s funny

> y watching a minivan destroy a two seater sports car including in modest

> curves,

>

> I had full-size vans that was very fast also,

there are some sleepers out there for sure! the toyota previa for example is a front mid engine supercharged AWD ugly egg shaped 90's mini van that can be built.

"technically" my skyline has 4 seats but i've only used the back seats for people maybe twice ? @561whp, it's a 2 door but i dont see many taillights. the PT6266 gets spinnin and around 4k she's a rocket. boost by gear!!!

butttttt we're getting off topic. blehhh i could talk about cars all day! my '85 S2000 swapped mazda rx7, the gtr and one of my dads 4 hot rods, '46 chevy custom

garage 3.jpg

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> It’s OK, but I hate saddle type seats because hurts (my boys) on a

> longer then a few minutes ride and I have to dubs seats on any

> motorcycle (everyone of my mopeds have big seats on them though I don’t

> necessarily use them)

>

> I hate any two seater car also Because it’s so dumb only can have one

> other person enjoy your car!

>

> Back in the day I had A six passenger Mopar c body (actually two of them

> that were fast) with six people in it waste a late 70s new Corvette ,

>

> Three dudes with three chicks all laughing at the guy and his friend as

> I wasted him all the way down Lorain Avenue light to light then wasted

> him on the top end on the newly opened I90!

>

> Many minivans 5-10 years old have 300 HP or near it, it’s funny

> y watching a minivan destroy a two seater sports car including in modest

> curves,

>

> I had full-size vans that was very fast also,

there are some sleepers out there for sure! the toyota previa for example is a front mid engine supercharged AWD ugly egg shaped 90's mini van that can be built.

"technically" my skyline has 4 seats but i've only used the back seats for people maybe twice ? @561whp, it's a 2 door but i dont see many taillights. the PT6266 gets spinnin and around 4k she's a rocket. boost by gear!!!

butttttt we're getting off topic. blehhh i could talk about cars all day! my '85 S2000 swapped mazda rx7, the gtr and one of my dads 4 hot rods, '46 chevy custom

garage3.jpg

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

I built this with a buddy back in 2013 for a month long build off thing (dirtbag challenge, google it), it was super fun until I blew it up on the freeway. Quite a few moped parts ended up on this thing, from the bar controls to the puch ignition. Never did put a pad on the seat, but it wasn't so bad.

FB_IMG_1571113378285.jpg
FB_IMG_1571113366853.jpg
FB_IMG_1571113356819.jpg

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

thing looks pretty sweet

what engine ?

Re: ya'll like bobbers?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

That looks ke100 or KE125 to me.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account