New Whip

Overpriced Parts /

So a few months ago my youngest son’s friend since second grade came over to show his new winter beater, A 1987 Mazda 323 1.6L 5 speed station wagon,

My son and I said “it’s in nice condition for a winter beater” having only two small dents and like no rust, 111,000 mi and very nice inside,

We said basically just joking (because I have no money fighting/waiting to get insurance case settled) “ if you go to sell it let us know”

6BFB1652-D59A-4877-81CB-675221AADD37.jpeg

Well the other day he came over saying he found a different car for a winter beater because he really doesn’t care for station wagons and Vans like I so he would sell it to us what he paid for it,

Well we didn't have any money, but my son and I share ownership in a nice silver magnum,

I made one phone call to someone who’s been hounding me to buy a magnum and a few hrs later he paid us what we wanted for it and was on the back of his S 10 pick up truck and now the car is ours 50/50 so basically a trade for a puch magnum,

10C46934-9876-40F7-93D6-F52BD50BBB03.jpeg
95F1E76D-412F-402A-947D-EE288361984B.jpeg

To add it to our insurance only cost seven dollars more a month and payment won’t be needed until renewal in a few months

Re: New Whip

Overpriced Parts /

The inside is nice, the tires are pretty good, it runs and shifts good, everything is manual like locks, crank windows and it’s radio delete, the air-conditioning doesn’t work but maybe could be fixed, Not very fast at 88 hp but it gets great mileage and Holds a Moped with it laid down and backseat down,

05170A9D-874D-4D48-AB8B-6858573A256C.jpeg
C520AE8D-C90B-4893-9E57-499F49F7DB75.jpeg

any station wagon with a manual transmission is a score.

That is a fantastic car, keep it up and it will go forever, I think, (don't quote me) but I think it has a timing chain vs belt? Great deal, ac probably just needs a charge?

FUCK YEAH!

and only 111,000miles??

nice pickup

Turn the white-walls around though...

When you want to sell it let me know and I'll come buy it off of you for sure.

Overpriced Parts /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Turn the white-walls around though...

Maybe won’t have turn around the tires just replace/keep as spares but white is the theme though ha ha,

Because he bought these 15 in rims my along with new set of ok brand 15 inch all season black wall radial tires when he first got the car, my son measured and helped pick him them out, He’s going to hold onto for a while for like 260$ When/if we come into some money,

94C6271C-E066-438D-A926-E29B1958F3E6.jpeg

They could be painted though

He’s been a good friend of my son and his family with our family for years so he’ll keep them for a while, he and my son’s friends/crew all are motor-heads and try to keep deals amongst them, 15 inch wheels would be a nice upgrade though,

Overpriced Parts /

> Nick Haber Wrote:

> When you want to sell it let me know and I'll come buy it off of you for

> sure.

We will probably keep it for a while because no E check is required (I live in one of the eight counties that has that stupid e check law) because it’s over 25 years old,

It’s so old the lady at DMV asked me if I wanted historic plates for it ha ha,

I never change wheel size from factory spec, width is one thing height is another, messes up speedo and over/underdrives pulleys and such. Whatever you do, it's a great deal, I had the 4 door version of this, a few yrs older than that one, was dead reliable put over 50k on it delivering, and beating it, it was a 5spd too. Ditch the hub caps, tint her out and flat black it...lol, that's me, really, just enjoy it, you got a great deal.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

make it a hybrid!

Overpriced Parts /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> I never change wheel size from factory spec, width is one thing height

> is another, messes up speedo and over/underdrives pulleys and such.

> Whatever you do, it's a great deal, I had the 4 door version of this, a

> few yrs older than that one, was dead reliable put over 50k on it

> delivering, and beating it, it was a 5spd too. Ditch the hub caps, tint

> her out and flat black it...lol, that's me, really, just enjoy it, you

> got a great deal.

Tint is illegal here, I’m not gonna be doin much, my son maybe, he’s going to be using it a lot more than me, I’m just gonna use it as a grocery getter and go to my daughters apartment 35 minutes away because better mpg,

Almost every vehicle I had I put bigger tires then stock on, the two minivans/vans I have now have bigger/taller than stock tires and actually improved speedo readings that were 2-3 mi off but there still reading 1-2mph faster on speedo at 45-50 then goin, when with bigger tires you should be showing slower speeds on speedo and goin faster, Both vans may have had tranny work before I got them

Not ripping on you man, just sharing my experience, tint should be cool on that car on the rear passenger windows, the rear window, the front two should have a legal limit, but best to leave them un-tinted, you can go up a small size on diameter but too much changes the revolutions of everything, to my experience, not worth doing, but it is your ride. Stock rocks, go wider, for better handling, or use stock specs, but for sure turn the white walls around, lol. ;) I love Mad-Max blacked out vehicles, but I do understand it is not a look for everyone. :)

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

Nice score. Polish and wax would make that thing look 100 times nicer.

I got a 2001 Chevy Metro a few months ago. Free. It has rusty rockers, but the rest of the car is in very good shape. I wish it was the 1.0L 3cylinder like i had years ago.

This one has the 1.3L 16valve big block. Only gets 30mpg. 25 if i use the a/c.

I’ve been running the shit out of it. Giving the old truck a break.

1.3l

big block

:)

Thats a great vehicle Ken and it can haul mopeds too.

Megasaurass wRexckses /

I like those wagons a lot. I got a new whip too! It’s a 1989 S-10 Tahoe with 135,000 paid $1500. New suspension, tires, clutch, wheels, paint already done. Plus my moped is 6’-2” long the exact length of the bed!

F7EF2DDE-8FB1-42DA-8A23-E11AC8CC538A.jpeg
ED27B74B-DAD2-450A-BD23-EA017073F3CE.jpeg

Overpriced Parts /

Great deal ^ on that S-10

^Agreed!

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> > Nick Haber Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > When you want to sell it let me know and I'll come buy it off of you

> for

>

> > sure.

>

> We will probably keep it for a while because no E check is required (I

> I live in one of the eight counties that has that stupid e check law)

> because it’s over 25 years old,

>

> It’s so old the lady at DMV asked me if I wanted historic plates for it

> ha ha,

I dig it, I keep all my cars for the same reason (89 Dodge ram50, 85 Toyota MR2, 91 GMC Jimmy)

Still, let me know if you sell it some years down the road or whatever

^ You have a MR2? :) :) :)

So lucky to live where salt does not eat old cars.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> So lucky to live where salt does not eat old cars.

Oh no salt eats cars to shit here. My '89 dodge I got with 43k miles from a disabled Nam vet who never drove it in the winter. The MR2 is from Cali with 260k miles but no rust, and the Jimmy has 31k miles from an estate sale where it had only seen one winter. I imagine this Mazda is similar

Whereever it is from it is nicely intact. MR2 are amazing fun! Had one for 3 weeks...got an offer I could not refuse at the time, wish I never let it go.

Bad Cadillac™ /

Great deal for the Mazda and yeah, such a nice "winter beater" with low for age miles! If and when you are done with it, you'll be able to get rid of it too I'm sure.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Great deal on the car! My advice, dont ever sell it. Drive it till it falls apart. Cars like that dont hold much resale value... you couldnt replace it for what someone would pay. I love my little 4cyl manuals, the wagon part is just icing on the cake!

Overpriced Parts /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> Great deal on the car! My advice, dont ever sell it. Drive it till it

> falls apart. Cars like that dont hold much resale value... you couldnt

> replace it for what someone would pay. I love my little 4cyl manuals,

> the wagon part is just icing on the cake!

If A vehicle isn’t a wagon, van, or SUV I won’t buy it, well I would Buy a nice classic/muscle car if one was available for cheap,

We had a clean 2002 Buick Century custom 4 door car with 63k mi given to us for free a few years ago but it was the worst used car I’ve ever owned having to get towed 4 times by AAA in one year and spending a few thousand on repairs not counting what I fixed.

Every plastic, rubber part or gasket failed, all systems failed by 75k and got 300$ scrap for it 1-1/2 years later

sick.

now 323 gtx swap it ;)

Someone took care of that thing it is hard to believe it came from ohio.

Original paint and body work looks exceptional for a car like that.

daaamn thats cool

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account