Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!

Born to be WillD /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> but assuming that an electric police car is automatically a waste of tax

> dollars shows a lack of understanding

>

> Base Chevy Malibus start at $22,095

>

> Base Tesla Model 3 start at $35,000 (which, admittedly is lower than

> expected)

>

> I understand the police department gets special deals but the Tesla was

> going to be at an inflated price compared to the Malibu. Also, take into

> consideration that most shops are equipped to work on a Malibu however

> the Tesla will likely require specialized shops with specialized tools.

> Keep in mind there is plenty of aftermarket parts available for the

> regular hill billy edition malibu... I doubt there is a strong after

> market for the Tesla considering up until recently the base model Tesla

> was around $70K starting. Your average blue collar dude just cant afford

> to drive one meaning aftermarket demand is down.

>

> So what i saw was... Initial cost was higher and maintenance will likely

> be higher. So its only fair to assume that additional tax dollars went

> into the enforcement of traffic laws that many Americans already feel we

> waste too much money on. Personally Id rather our taxes go towards

> infrastructure.

Yeah for sure I get it. And you're not wrong, I just wanted to express that there's a lot more to it. And sure a base Tesla is more than the malibu, but it's pretty comparable to the more popular chargers and crwn vics. especially considering incentives. Then when you look at like the police SUV's (which tbh are usually pretty unnecessary for a dude to just sit in all day watching cars go by waiting for prey) they're a whole additional malibu more expensive than even the fancier Model S 85's (100-115k for the ford interceptor SUV's vs 80k for tesla S w bigger 85 battery)

And for working on it, most shops actually can do most of the maintenance, that's a big advantage for electrics - they rarely need engine work; all you're left with is the brake and tire and general maintenance that's roughly the same for any car.

I think alotta aftermarket demand is down too because you have these great incentives for new but nothing for used. But you can get a used leaf or something pretty cheap still anyway.

Point is, and we agree on this: police waste alotta money that'd be better spent elsewhere. But buying an electric instead of traditional I don't think is a worthwhile thing to complain about given the minor (and argually financially beneficial) impact of that choice versus a plethora of other issues.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Good car for the crooks! LOL!Topic by: Don Ohio Don Ohio 09/25/19 09:14PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Nick MBC Nick MBC 09/25/19 10:07PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: A Zed A Zed 09/25/19 10:23PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 09/25/19 10:23PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Don Ohio Don Ohio 09/25/19 10:51PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Jimmy Cincinnati Jimmy Cincinnati 09/26/19 07:51AM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Potr zebie Potr zebie 09/26/19 10:35AM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 09/26/19 02:41PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Dave & Bummerzz Dave & Bummerzz 09/26/19 04:10PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 10/02/19 03:52PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Jimmy Cincinnati Jimmy Cincinnati 10/02/19 04:29PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 10/03/19 11:10AM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 10/03/19 02:05PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Probably Fred Probably Fred 10/02/19 06:46PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Bas Autowas Bas Autowas 10/02/19 07:25PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Nick MBC Nick MBC 10/02/19 09:23PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Don Ohio Don Ohio 10/04/19 12:43AM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Born to be WillD Born to be WillD 10/04/19 03:08PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Jimmy Cincinnati Jimmy Cincinnati 10/04/19 08:28PM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: Don Ohio Don Ohio 10/05/19 10:32AM
  Re: Good car for the crooks! LOL!Re: jayson sumpter jayson sumpter 10/05/19 11:50AM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account