e-cigarettes

Jimmy Cincinnati /

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/public-health-crisis-ends-today-york-bans-flavored-214200660--abc-news-topstories.html

I know its yahoo, i was just too lazy to search for a better article. Just curious on everyone's thoughts on banning E-Cigs. I dont vape, but i dont agree with an all out ban. At what point do we allow people to make their own decisions?

"It is undeniable that vaping companies are deliberately using flavors like bubblegum, Captain Crunch and cotton candy to get young people hooked on e-cigarettes -- it's a public health crisis and it ends today,"

I really dont believe they make these flavors to deliberately target kids... maybe if they hired Tony the Tiger and he is vaping with kids on a commercial???

Re: e-cigarettes

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> I really dont believe they make these flavors to deliberately target

> kids... maybe if they hired Tony the Tiger and he is vaping with kids on

> a commercial???

That’s exactly why they make flavored e-cigs...to hook young people on their products. To believe otherwise is naive. This is big business and it’s all about corporate profits.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /
15688148171041695774003.jpg

smoke up

Jimmy Cincinnati /

That’s exactly why they make flavored e-cigs...to hook young people on their products. To believe otherwise is naive. This is big business and it’s all about corporate profits.

I mean, sure marketing's goal is to bring in new sales... I guess i just dont believe there is a man in marketing right now saying make it taste like captain crunch so that we can sell to 12 year old boys. It seems trendy right now to make unique flavors for about anything consumable. How many different flavors of Oreo do we have? Or all the unique craft beers on the market.

But ill relent and say anything is possible. There maybe really is a man targeting child in that industry. I guess my hopes are that he isnt, but its a very real chance.

I can go for age limit restriction similiar to tobacco use, but an all out ban just seems fascist. I'll never use the product nor encourage anyone too but shouldnt we at-least have the right to choose?

If there is a direct link between the mysterious deaths and e cigarettes it just seems right to ban them doesn't it?

Sure smoking can kill you after a long time but something that kills you after just a few years of use should be banned.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Sure smoking can kill you after a long time but something that kills you after just a few years of use should be banned.

Yeah, you might be right. Ive known guys that have been vaping for years so it just seems odd to me we suddenly want to outlaw it.

it's a false flag.

i've vaped for 5+ years now. haven't had a cig since.

buy my own raw materials and mix my own juice. 100% vegetable glycerin+nicotine, no flavor. the flavors are what's the biggest unknown.

the recent news headlines were idiots using offshore sourced juice.

that said, i do know a decent number of teens who are using those juuls, and it's not a good thing.

yeah i'm probably a conspiracy nut a lil' bit but i think this is all a scam to crack down and regulate something that is mostly inert. the real crime here is that the gov't isnt getting their tax revenue from this because nothing involved is illicit.

i wouldn't put it past the gov't to plant these toxic products. its definitely like '6 people died from smoking cigarettes laced with rat poison they bought off the black market better ban all cigarettes'

lets face it, ever since blackbeard and probably before then, having burning shit hanging off your face and smoke flying around is super badass. i was smoking lucky strikes when i was 15 doing my best marlon brando impersonation, the vaping thing seems like a hell of a lot more benign than that.

Yea e cigs are fine, flavored vape juice is gross though. Ban that banana and cotton candy flavor asap. It is nauseating when a cloud comes billowing out of a person and it smells like a vaporized bag of runts.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Population control they're just not dangerous enough I mean Lucky Strike was recommended by 9 out of 10 doctors in 1950 and then you never even heard about cancer until they started putting those fibrous filters on them you know black lung is asbestos fibers in your lungs and if you do a little research you'll find that a lot of the longest living humans on the planet we're smokers yes the world's oldest human verified was 120 years old lived in France and she credited her long life to never being romantically involved having kids she always enjoyed her coffee wine and cigarettes and she quit smoking at the age of 117 after starting when she was in her 20s it turns out that when you age you lose a chemical out of your blood when your 30-ish and the only chemical they found that triggers it in adults over 30 is nicotine derivative and all of the research that was done since the 40s we're done on cells that habitual smoker who had cancer and weirdly enough their cells could live outside of her body so any research that was done on living cells was done on a black lady from Alabama who died from cancer in the 40s hey I've been smoking since I was 13 I'm 54 now and I recently had a bypass my heart problems are related to no pain management 4 3 decades if there is anything cancerous they would have seen it and then there was that Health guy that used to jog everywhere insisting it was good for his health and then had a heart attack so you never know life is a crapshoot

Jimmy Cincinnati /

yeah i'm probably a conspiracy nut a lil' bit but i think this is all a scam to crack down and regulate something that is mostly inert. the real crime here is that the gov't isnt getting their tax revenue from this because nothing involved is illicit.

Dear lord i can get behind this! The greed and corruption grows some more! Its almost like they gave it a few years untouched to allow the market to grow; then when enough people are on the band wagon they regulate the hell out of it.

They had to come up with something to replace/re-hook all the people who have died from/have quit smoking. It seems to me the "way of use" can be an issue in the vaping, people think because it is not a real cig they can just huff away all the time, seeing how big a cloud they can get etc...you don't really do that with a cig, more than once anyway...lol. The flavors should absolutely be banned, a total hook for kids. The age for tobacco and vaping crap should be raised to 21, sure people always buy for the underage, but if you are 15 you are much less likely to be hanging around a 21 yo than an 18 yo. We have this age restriction in my city and many surrounding city's, it seems to be spreading. Many places will no longer allow vaping inside, so whats the point anyway?

> Bas Autowas Wrote:

> If there is a direct link between the mysterious deaths and e cigarettes

> it just seems right to ban them doesn't it?

Its either the chemicals in the juice or its the types of metals used in the heating elements. Investigate the afore mentioned dont ban e cigs. We didnt ban paint cause it had lead, we banned the lead. I quit smoking 8 years ago using ecigs. You ween yourself off of ecigs by lowering the nicotine content in your juice down to zero eventually.(edited)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I quit smoking 8 years ago using ecigs. You ween yourself off of ecigs by lowering the nicotine content in your juice down to zero eventually.

Going full conspiracy here but... what if they want to ban Ecigs because its cutting into big tobaccos profit too much?

^this.

As far as conspiracy theories go, that’s a thought provoking one.

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

Follow the money. Remember the Big Tobacco settlement about 20 years ago? Part of that settlement included annual payments to the states that sued, the amount of which was to be based on the number of smokers in the states. Those states then issued binds against those future payments. At the time, the rate of smokers remained pretty constant. Now that smoking combustible cigarettes is less prevalent, due to e-cig, and other less harmful methods of ingesting nicotine, the amount of those annual payments will be less.

By issuing bonds against the tobacco settlement payments, the affected states have basically made themselves dependent on at least a certain percentage of smokers.

Smoking isnt good. Underage smoking vaprs is way higher than cigarettes and surveys indicate the candy flavors are the biggest motivator. It's also pretty wild how unregulated it is considering people are literally inhaling it, I mean you could pretty much put anything in there which is easy to build fear around.

But also, whatever, educate folks but not in favor of banning stuff, and they do probably provide benefits too for some people getting away from cigarettes, the problem is theres no way to really quantify that.

I suspect the ban is probably mostly supported and pushed by big tobacco trying to make it more regulated so that it's more difficult for small companies to compete in the same arena.

> I quit smoking 8 years ago using ecigs. You ween yourself off of ecigs

> by lowering the nicotine content in your juice down to zero eventually.

>

> Going full conspiracy here but... what if they want to ban Ecigs because

> its cutting into big tobaccos profit too much?

Its how the U.S. is ran today^. Large corporations with large pockets do anything they want because they have the money to pay off politicians and or change the laws.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

because human are STUPID enough to buy anything.

My opinion is they should ban any form of smoking if for adults and especially kids.i started smoking as a teenager because it was the thing to do..after smoking 20 years my 5 year old came in fron k-garten and said i needed to stop smoking because it would make me die and she wouldn't have a daddy..i thought about it and quit,but several years later it came back to haunt me..was diagnosed with lung cancer in 2016..i lost about 70lbs. Was next to impossible to breath at times..thought about checking myself out several times ..ended up in a wheel chair being pushed around and decided to give up ..the chemo and radiation had taken it's toll on me and i decided to just give up and die..my wife however got me an appointment in houston at md anderson cancer center and after going there i am gaining back able to walk and breath again ..take it from me if you smoke anything quit before you get in the boat i have been in ..it is a horrible life to try to live..if god had meant for you to smoke he would have fitted you with a smoke stack instead of an asshole

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

^great advice. Feel better!

^^glad you are on the mend....may your recovery continue. For anyone who thinks your government gives a rats ass about you, they not only don't ban tobacco but make an insane revenue from taxing it.

Cigs or vapes, I don't care for either. What seems odd, is that people would have a cig break, then go back to whatever they were doing. Vape devices seem to be constantly in hand and are like an adult pacifier.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Me personally I can't wait for the 5G Network to passively fry your mind into submission

^ This for sure, 4g has the fire going....5g will be like dumping gasoline on it.

I smoked cigarettes for 32 years, and I was an avid and often fierce smoker often going through 1+ packs a day. I retired from my career job and quit smoking cold turkey - BOOM- just like that... I was a miserable prick to everyone for a short time while I was jonesing for the nicotine and there are still some days that I feel that one more coffin nail would be SO GOODLY SATISFYING...

Point I am getting at is to just quit that shyte, seriously, quitting will not kill you, stopping will not ruin your health, stop making excuses. Friends might not hang with you while you are in that miserable prick stage of quitting, the goodly ones will stand by you though (unless you are really really pricky). Way better than the crap health alternatives (plus the added unreasonable expenses for you USA folks) of lung disease or mouth cancers.

Toughen up and throw that shyte into the trash.

At what point do we allow people to make their own decisions?

Perhaps when folks to not take into account their people who have to take care of them in their sick and dying time in life.

What would be the selfless part of expediting your own demise in such a manner that your spouse, partner, family or friends will have to attend to your diaper, wipe your ass, change your piss bag and tube feed you for months while you slowly decay alive?

> >

> I know its yahoo, i was just too lazy to search for a better article.

> Just curious on everyone's thoughts on banning E-Cigs. I dont vape, but

> i dont agree with an all out ban. At what point do we allow people to

> make their own decisions?

>

> "It is undeniable that vaping companies are deliberately using flavors

> like bubblegum, Captain Crunch and cotton candy to get young people

> hooked on e-cigarettes -- it's a public health crisis and it ends

> today,"

>

> I really dont believe they make these flavors to deliberately target

> kids... maybe if they hired Tony the Tiger and he is vaping with kids on

> a commercial???

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well that is the point you don't want to take care of old people that's why cigarettes are so pervasive

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yeah you're cut off out all that at the end of your life I mean usually a hospital death isn't Pleasant anyway cuz just cuz you avoid cigarettes doesn't mean you won't get cancer my buddy died of leukemia and he didn't smoke although it was an excavator operator around Superfund cleanup sites

Brad William /

I'll wait for judgement until some court records are revealed. Yeah, just insane that mcdonald's has to hold peoples hands so that they don't get burned by their coffee. Sure, I get it. But a jury, of us, you and your neighbors, decided mcdonalds was at fault when they were shown internal memoranda exposing negligent disregard, for years, of warnings, admonishments, and clear awareness that the temperature of their coffee was a problem well known to the company's management. The super high heat caused a few horrific burns, but it stayed hot longer than the competitors and helped the "bottom line".

We have no good idea yet if there may be similarly damning memoranda within the e-cig industry as to targeting young people, kids, for their products. Last I checked kids are still considered vulnerable, and mercifully free from the ultimate personal responsibility expected of adults. It's knee jerk and ignorant, without such information, to just dismiss any of this as just a 'personal responsibility" issue.(edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account