Noped thumper Kawasaki KE 125

Thoughts? Saw a really great looking well taken care of ‘79 KE 125 for sale. I don’t know much about them, but I love vintage 2 strokes. Guy says it ran last year and could get it running for a little more $. My thoughts are a basic carb cleaning, new plug, gas, oils, battery swap, and simple tune up stuff and hopefully should start up. Less than 4,000 miles on it and it looks great and clean. Anybody had one or know much about them? Should I get it???* Moved to this forum by grahammotzing(edited)

Re: Noped thumper Kawasaki KE 125

125 is alright, mostly bullet proof and Rotary induction is a cool thing. I would also get new brake shoes and potentially think about new points and condensor.

Screenshot_2019-08-25-18-29-47.png

Overpriced Parts /

Older ones had 13hp and 5 gears but then they went to 10 hp and 6 gears so if yours is a five speed’s good chance it could be a 13 horse power and I’d say go for it and get it

I haven’t seen it in person yet. Going to look at it Tuesday. It looks like ‘79 is 10 or 11hp and 6 gears. Pics look super clean.

punkrock randy /

I love,”Don’t be surprised to find your friendly moped dealer is now a disco fish market.”

PS Calling it a thumper threw me, as that’s typically referring to 4 strokes(edited)

Best anti-moped ad ever!

Typically thumper is used to describe higher cc 4 stroke singles. A two stroke is a pinger, zinger, ripper, etc... Some would argue any single is a thumper, but if it doesn’t throw you off the back when you twist that throttle it’s not a thumper.

punkrock randy /

Always in reference to four strokes in my humble experiences, which have been almost primarily with dirtbikes. But I’ve absolutely been wrong before. My playful thumper :-)

F9E00BD3-2B93-4B3D-8A6D-978688630A8D.jpeg

My XT350 is a thumper .

That little KE will be a neat , fun bike to kick around the woods on .

I had a TM 125 . Should have never sold it .

theyre fine but kinda surprising how fast they aren't. like the ke100 is comparable to a dt50 even with twice the displacement, and the carb placement with the rotary induction is finicky

KE would be fun to bomb around with on the streets, but don't think about getting serious on the trails. Two-smoke....ringa, ding, ding.

I know the one you're looking at. If my garage wasn't full I'd have gotten it already, that things a cream puff.

Edit: WFFF(edited)

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> theyre fine but kinda surprising how fast they aren't. like the ke100 is

> comparable to a dt50 even with twice the displacement, and the carb

> placement with the rotary induction is finicky

I don’t know what or how many Ke100s you had but they’re not even close, any year ke100 will beat a DT 50 like nothing as well as polini, reed or Gila kitted puch that will beat a dt50 for like 7hp with no real low end on a full-size bike doesn’t make for a fast bike,

My yellow yam 1978 dt 125 I got almost brand new was pretty much a tie to a 76 KE 100 at 11 hp

I put a 175 top end on my DT 125 because it was so slow,

A Ke100 carb not finicky unless everything is all corroded,

When you get one of two bikes that were junk to begin with (like you post pretty much every bike you get is) it’s so much different/your opinion is different then someone like me who had, worked on or ridden several that were low mi, low years and in like new condition like almost every small motorcycle/Moped I liked to buy

So my opinions are based on good shape bikes not junk not sitting under a ripped tarp for 25 years (with the exception of a puch moped sitting outside for years because they’re so robust)

Ya nowadays because everything is overpriced junk I don’t buy much,

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Derek Stahl Wrote:

> Edit: WFFF

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> (with the exception of a puch moped sitting

> outside for years because they’re so robust)

lol

Ken you are funny.

« Go to Topic — end of thread