Which snails aren't Chinese?

Which brands of modern scooters aren't Chinese? I see Genuine Buddy, Tao Tao,

Vino, Metropolitan, and Vespa and the like on CL and FB all the time, but which ones newer than 2000 are decent scooters to buy?

Re: Which snails aren't Chinese?

escargot

Honda, Yamaha, Vespa, Kymco.

Overpriced Parts /
57BDD26A-DAF4-4B44-973C-9FA453A62780.jpeg
25442E1D-FF96-4CF2-BF31-DF8F37455FB1.jpeg

Kymco and SYM are Taiwanese. Daelim is Korean. Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scooter_manufacturers

> Overpriced Parts Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

She'll be dead or dying of `slime disease' inside a week,Ken. LOL!

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

Genuine buddys are from Taiwan. I have two of them. The buddy 125 is the best one in their lineup.

Josiah Radebaugh /

Vespa

Derbi

Theres the whole range of Japanese scooters, theyre are usually best value for price/longevity. I'd go Yamaha or Honda personally. The other non-china Asian makes are often pretty good but slightly lower quality. Kymco is very available and good quality. the euro makes are great but usually more $$$. Piaggio is the more pedestrian vs vespas. Aprilia is their generally sportier brand but all same company now. I think they actually do make a lot in china, but it's important to remember made-in-china doesn't mean bad. made cheaply means bad. usually made cheaply is made in china because china is cheap, but thyere every bit as capable as anywhere else to make good stuff, and that's the case with the bigger names like piaggio that do have production in china.

The word of caution though some good brands rebrand with Chinese engines. like moped names, sachs, tomos had some gy6 china engine'd scooters.

Pre 2005 zuma and vino are pretty sick. The rattler 110 is ridiculously fast. If you're looking for a nice 4 stroke scoot you have to get a 250 to actually have some power. My complaint with the 125-150 scoots is they take off real nice, but they tease you with all that power right off the line and give you nothing from +20 mph.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Pre 2005 zuma and vino are pretty sick. The rattler 110 is ridiculously

> fast. If you're looking for a nice 4 stroke scoot you have to get a 250

> to actually have some power. My complaint with the 125-150 scoots is

> they take off real nice, but they tease you with all that power right

> off the line and give you nothing from +20 mph.

Not necessarily true. Both my genuine buddy 125 and 170’s have no problem quickly reaching speeds in excess of 60 mph. My Vespa gt 200 will easily do 70 mph. You don’t need a 250cc or better unless you plan on highway speeds above 60 mph.(edited)

Got rid of this snail 1959 Harley Davidson Topper 150cc with a variator the size of a dinner plate.

67245662-8E8F-4DD1-B114-A65CBD280D58.jpeg

Around 5 g’s would get it.

71346D81-77D7-4F4D-8200-77C01886999C.jpeg
9B4ABEEC-6777-4EBB-BF71-939E14B85E75.jpeg

Whoa! That thing is rad. Genuine is a good brand for lower cost.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Whoa! That thing is rad. Genuine is a good brand for lower cost.

And reliability. They are virtually bulletproof if you follow the recommended maintenance services.

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account