Holy shit MotoE was fuckin awesome!

cue Don and Ken talking shit on EVs for whatever reason.

WHAT A FUCKING RACE! Bradley Smith back on a podium after a flop of season with KTM in the premier class. Tuuli pulling off that super aggressive pass in turn 1. Easily the most exciting racing outside of moto3 I've seen in the series in a long time.

Re: Holy shit MotoE was fuckin awesome!

Overpriced Parts /

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> cue Don and Ken talking shit on EVs for whatever reason.

>

> WHAT A FUCKING RACE! Bradley Smith back on a podium after a flop of

> season with KTM in the premier class. Tuuli pulling off that super

> aggressive pass in turn 1. Easily the most exciting racing outside of

> moto3 I've seen in the series in a long time.

OK I’ll appease you ha ha,

129CC8B5-54A9-4AEF-83F6-888DAE40B13E.jpeg

I wish they had these hi technology 2019 KTM bikes in late 70s early 80s,

I love Electric vehicles, I really do, I watch them on TV,

https://battlebots.com/robot/tombstone-2018/

This is my favorite one!

34B116E8-D6CE-44F0-95B6-514D8CA62FE7.jpeg

It has so much kinetic once it starts spinning energy could easily take your leg off,

I love when the robots bust and catch on fire,

that's a trail bike not a road race bike, Ken

Overpriced Parts /

> Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

> that's a trail bike not a road race bike, Ken

But is the only two cycle bike being made and with correct gearing is very fast,

A broad Two-stroke power band on a manual shift bike it isn’t funny,

Yep having two years industrial electrical electronics school in the 70s with 45hp dc motors, Ward/Leonard system of motor control for almost every high-rise elevator, traction engines/locomotive motors with motor control

I can tell you that electric motors have great torque but don’t have that thrill of when the powerband kicks in on a tuned 2t bike (125cc and up) and all of a sudden in third gear your front end comes up for no reason at all,

DC electric vehicles is old technology rehashed from the 1900s it will never get us off this planet and 40% cost of a electric car is in the battery and producing EVs with rare earth Materials which in making them is so highly polluted

China being a big producer of rare earth materials had to move whole cities away from processing because it contaminated everything around them forever because so contaminated

And they use so much oil and pollution during the mining and production of rare earth materials you could own a 10 mpg car for 20 years and it will blow any EV vehicle away with the emissions, pollution and recycling not mention lives lost to cancer, same with nuclear power bullpucky!

The mining, processing, Long term storage and everything else contaminates, and uses it oil/fossil fuels producing fuel and long-term storage beyond belief!

Energy cannot be produced only changed from one form to another,

We need to have/develop a technology that will take us away from this earth and find new planet to destroy because we destroy and will continue destroyed with these dumb rehashed 1900ad transportation ideas,

Ya when you buy that battery powered electric vehicle just think about how many people died in China and how many towns were contaminated and how many more will be,

But it’s the same with any oil powered vehicles especially airplanes so someone wave the magic wand, and quick to find some other world to inhabit/pollute !

Yeah Dave I like you and your threads, I think you’re wise Beyond on your years sometimes, but you called me out and I took your bait and now have my reply ha ha!

Andrew Squiggman /

> Ken Roff Wrote:

>

> Yeah Dave I like you and your threads, I think you’re wise Beyond on

> your years sometimes, but you called me out and I took your bait and

> now have my reply ha ha!

Dave’s not here man.

LoL. His name is Andy. Andy Simpson. Literally says it right there.

Ha

Ha ha

electric bikes are cool. batteries are advancing still quite quickly, sure it's based on 1900s technology but it's come a HUGE way from there, even from 5 years ago especially battery and motor controller technology, just not even remotely comparable anymore. and man, they go really fast when built to do so. Imagine a battery powered bike from 1920 going 150mph. it didn't nor could it have happened.

I did not see the race but watched some past ones, it's no less exciting than the gas races, it's still people going obnoxiously fast within fractions of total annihilation. I do think of how it affects the riders and their style, I mean for one it's a huge weight difference, very different power curve, and no shifting that's massive both in terms of how you accelerate and the skill the goes into finessing of clutch control, and also engine braking, the experience that lets people know how or where to keep rpm through a turn to blast back out the other side, all that's way different on an electric. But then maybe more of the racing is knowing the right lines to take, how hard to lean and where to pass, and then all that stays pretty similar? I don't race, clearly.

I do understand some of the folks' reservations though, seeing what happened to 2 strokes as they were phased out of racing, that led to a pretty hard stop on any street bike developments, and it at some point EVs will be a replacement technology vs a complimentary technology. I'm not sad about it, but can see why folks fear EV's so hard.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I do think of how it affects the riders

> and their style, I mean for one it's a huge weight difference, very

> different power curve, and no shifting that's massive both in terms of

> how you accelerate and the skill the goes into finessing of clutch

> control, and also engine braking, the experience that lets people know

> how or where to keep rpm through a turn to blast back out the other

> side, all that's way different on an electric. But then maybe more of

> the racing is knowing the right lines to take, how hard to lean and

> where to pass, and then all that stays pretty similar? I don't race,

> clearly.

this is actually the coolest part. Modern moto2 and motoGP bikes are so crazy teched out with electronics from quick shifters, TC, wheelie control, lean angle control, auto blip downshifts that a lot of the finesse is gone- you just hold the throttle wide open all the time and crush your brakes as hard as you want. It's all about 2 things now, which factory team has spent the most money for the longest sustained period of time and on the rider level it's race craft (line selection, drafting strategy, tire usage strategy). The bikes make so much power, specifically the Ducati, they don't even care about aerodynamics for top speed- they can brute force 200+ mph even with huge winglets. Makes for dull racing.

MotoE is so new there isn't a formula to success yet. Ironically the riding style is actually closer to the old 2 strokes where it's about throttle and braking finesse along with race craft.

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> > Dave & Bummerzz Wrote:

>

> I can tell you that electric motors have great torque but don’t have

> that thrill of when the powerband kicks in on a tuned 2t bike (125cc and

> up) and all of a sudden in third gear your front end comes up for no

> reason at all,

>

> DC electric vehicles is old technology rehashed from the 1900s

Look at the electric bikes being run in road races like PPIHC or the Isle of Man, they use 3 phase AC motors and holy shit are those things fast. You can lift the front wheel at any time you want with those bikes. There is no power band because you're always in it. I agree with you that DC is lame, but 3 phase AC is a whole other beast. Once the cost comes down there's no question they'll dominate the racing world.

yea that dude like 5 years ago crushed pikes on an electric, fastest ever 2 wheeled time (at the time)

« Go to Topic — end of thread