Monkey Donkey Cruiser

Josiah Radebaugh /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I know it's not true for the majority of cruiser riders... But. Just things like this that just put a bad name on others.

Yesterday, about 5:40.

A freind and I are riding back from The gas station and auto parts store on the East side of town (business part)

As we're pulling out I see two cruisers Turning down the street in the same direction as us.

I figured it was your usual, old guy and no helmet.

It wasn't until I started hear their, run of the mill big thumper pile of trash getting closer.

Keep getting closer. And at this time of day, the only way to get through traffic is.... Well you don't.

So that means they were lane splitting

Alright whatever happens all the time..

After sitting at a light for 10 seconds or so, we take off. Of course a little slow cause Im not going to ripp wide open to accelerate as fast as they want.

Now I'm on a Tomos Sprint with a 70cc kit and a pipe. Has the same acceleration as a new Honda Metropolitan (which my friend was on that day)

We're up to 22 pretty quick.... Thats when I hear those two wankers Ripppin past in the other lane at about 35..

Dang son! Not the first time I've been passed but the manner which it was done.....

Im mad at this point so I decide to ripper wide open..... Got up to 35 probably, stoped behind them..

They sorta glanced behind and looked to be boasting about their handy work among one another....

I'm sitting here angry. Deciding if I want to say something....

Light Turns Green They ripp off doing 35 again through down town.....

The guy closet to the right rides on to the sidewalk and off for a moment still ripping. Then they pass a car that was trying to turn into the lane almost hitting them..... Im not sure what all just happened in this whole minute or Wankeristic Foolery...

We pull off a half mile down and decided to file a police report on them hoping maybe they'll get em... Pitty I missed their plates..

The reason I think they did this is because they saw us pulling out way back on our tiny little bikes. And just decided to try and show us what a real bike is....

I really am tired of the misunderstanding and attitude surrounding small bikes...

What encounters have you had like this, or something similar?(edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  Monkey Donkey CruiserTopic by: Josiah Radebaugh Josiah Radebaugh 06/28/19 10:44AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Potr zebie Potr zebie 06/28/19 11:11AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Dirty30 Dillon Dirty30 Dillon 06/28/19 11:18AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Josiah Radebaugh Josiah Radebaugh 06/28/19 11:47AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Potr zebie Potr zebie 06/28/19 12:06PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Graham Motzing Graham Motzing 06/28/19 12:01PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Potr zebie Potr zebie 06/28/19 02:21PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 06/28/19 06:58PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Potr zebie Potr zebie 06/28/19 07:45PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 06/28/19 09:08PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Josiah Radebaugh Josiah Radebaugh 06/28/19 09:24PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 06/28/19 09:46PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Don Ohio Don Ohio 06/28/19 10:30PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 06/28/19 11:32PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Overpriced Parts Overpriced Parts 06/29/19 01:02AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Stephen Keller Stephen Keller 06/29/19 02:13AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Aaron Blair Aaron Blair 06/29/19 07:01AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: baird co baird co 06/29/19 10:06AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Don Ohio Don Ohio 06/29/19 12:19PM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: baird co baird co 06/30/19 12:05AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Josiah Radebaugh Josiah Radebaugh 06/30/19 11:55AM
  Re: Monkey Donkey CruiserRe: Don Ohio Don Ohio 07/03/19 12:24PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account