Another New electric "Moped"

eROCKIT

fuck this thing is asssss ugly. but that's a monster of a battery pack. sold as an electric motorcycle but just e-moped speeds (50mph) and for whatever reason it has "pedals" which actually don't pedal the wheels, it only works as a gauge to control motor speed proportionally to pedaling. that's fairly typical on e-bikes but it means you can't pedal it if it's dead. though I don't imagine you'd want to - looks like awful ergonomics and it's a pretty heavy weight package...

https://electrek.co/2019/06/13/erockit-electric-motorcycle-pedals/

Re: Another New electric "Moped"

man That’s terrible

There's an e-bike with a step through tube frame and fat tires that's shaped a bit like a derbi but I haven't been able to find the site again. Anybody know who makes that one? It's similar to this.(edited)

Overpriced Parts /

I can’t see how people can ride with just a saddle seat for any period of time,

The bike/all motorbikes should have a long motorcycle type seat so you could move around plus you could ride dubs if you had too.

> jayson sumpter Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> man That’s terrible

I second this....

^ I third this.

right? it's so fucking bad. Its proportions are every single way totally fucked all off. and not even in a weird oh that's kinda interesting way, just in a pure what the fuck those don't belong together the fuck were they thinking kinda way.

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> right? it's so fucking bad. Its proportions are every single way totally

> fucked all off. and not even in a weird oh that's kinda interesting way,

> just in a pure what the fuck those don't belong together the fuck were

> they thinking kinda way.

To me the only engineers that mattered was the ones who operated locomotives!

Yeah when them damn engineers who just came out of college/construction management school were in tower city mall in Cleveland when was being built around the first gulf war era early 1990s,

The engineers were laying out 150K+ square-foot of flooring with orders and everything to be 1to 3 ft but there’s a difference between what they want and is “as built”

So a 12 foot room that measured 12 foot 3 1/2/2 x 4 stud size x 24’ 7 in and carpet or flooring comes in at 6, 9 or 12 foot at the time and the repeat pattern of pattern goods flooring or carpet was every 3 feet, you only could have 3, 6, 9 or 12, 24 foot etc. not 1‘3‘ 3’ 3” whatever,

So you had to either cheat the field pattern goods or increase or decrease the size of the border to get either one size but not both! ,

These college physical engineers had no clue!

So right in front of all the bosses, owners, investors at a construction meeting I took a 24-year-old, dumb ass engineer and asked for his pencil, (it was a mechanical pencil) then I broke right in half (actually hurting/cutting my hand and threw it at him)

I told everybody including the several millionaires/investors that had all the investments in the project “you wouldn’t know a tape measure if one hit you on the head” (I didn’t get fired for my comments but I was laid off for two days but rehired because there was no one to replace me that would kiss ass!

These engineers though knew how to do math problems (pretty quick in their head) were as dumb as a box of rocks to us artisan craft/construction workers/persons who were building stuff when they were crapping in their diapers!

4 years of Construction experience equals 100 times what they learn from some dumb college professors who only became a professor because they got something published!

That makes no sense whatsoever!

You get published and then you could become a College professor? Not to mention most of them are nut cases with the exception of a few including one of my friends who teaches in a upstate New York collage is a great teacher, heck I could’ve published 500 things in my life,

♣Slew Foot♣ /

I mean if you want to put out 8 Grand you could get a Bultaco electric Enduro it's awesome looks just like a trials but that has no engine and they hide all the batteries in the frame

The electric trials bikes are so rad.

I just saw something like an electric trials....went by me so fast could not see the make...so silent, it was amazingly cool....very impressive. I feel that small motorcycle/mopeds/scooters are the perfect platform for electric power, I definitely can see myself buying one in the near future, an electric car, not so much. An electric bike is the perfect commuter, don't get me wrong, I love my 2 strokes...but after an age, you get sick of working on stuff and just want to ride...and an electric scooter or Cub sized bike would just "work" so you buy a battery every few years...easier than rebuilding an engine/carb. Also no more ethanol debate! ;)

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> > Born to be WillD Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > right? it's so fucking bad. Its proportions are every single way

> totally

>

> > fucked all off. and not even in a weird oh that's kinda interesting

> way,

>

> > just in a pure what the fuck those don't belong together the fuck were

>

> > they thinking kinda way.

>

> To me the only engineers that mattered was the ones who operated

> d locomotives!

>

> Yeah when them damn engineers who just came out of college/construction

> n management school were in tower city mall in Cleveland when was being

> built around the first gulf war era early 1990s,

>

> The engineers were laying out 150K+ square-foot of flooring with orders

> and everything to be 1to 3 ft but there’s a difference between what

> they want and is “as built”

>

> So a 12 foot room that measured 12 foot 3 1/2/2 x 4 stud size x 24’ 7 in

> and carpet or flooring comes in at 6, 9 or 12 foot at the time and the

> repeat pattern of pattern goods flooring or carpet was every 3 feet, you

> only could have 3, 6, 9 or 12, 24 foot etc. not 1‘3‘ 3’ 3” whatever,

>

> So you had to either cheat the field pattern goods or increase or

> decrease the size of the border to get either one size but not both! ,

>

> These college physical engineers had no clue!

>

> So right in front of all the bosses, owners, investors at a construction

> meeting I took a 24-year-old, dumb ass engineer and asked for his

> pencil, (it was a mechanical pencil) then I broke right in half

> (actually hurting/cutting my hand and threw it at him)

>

> I told everybody including the several millionaires/investors that had

> all the investments in the project “you wouldn’t know a tape measure if

> one hit you on the head” (I didn’t get fired for my comments but I was

> laid off for two days but rehired because there was no one to replace me

> that would kiss ass!

>

> These engineers though knew how to do math problems (pretty quick in

> n their head) were as dumb as a box of rocks to us artisan

> craft/construction workers/persons who were building stuff when they

> were crapping in their diapers!

>

> 4 years of Construction experience equals 100 times what they learn from

> some dumb college professors who only became a professor because they

> got something published!

>

> That makes no sense whatsoever!

>

> You get published and then you could become a College professor? Not

> t to mention most of them are nut cases with the exception of a few

> including one of my friends who teaches in a upstate New York collage is

> a great teacher, heck I could’ve published 500 things in my life,

Used to fight em all the time when I did concrete work,Ken. No common sense. Believed everything they read in a book.

So its the engineers fault you cant read blueprints or follow directions?

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> So right in front of all the bosses, owners, investors at a construction

> meeting I took a 24-year-old, dumb ass engineer and asked for his

> pencil, (it was a mechanical pencil) then I broke right in half

> (actually hurting/cutting my hand and threw it at him)

>

> I told everybody including the several millionaires/investors that had

> all the investments in the project “you wouldn’t know a tape measure if

> one hit you on the head” (I didn’t get fired for my comments but I was

> laid off for two days but rehired because there was no one to replace me

> that would kiss ass!

So this proves what? That you can't communicate properly with the engineer on site and that you violently reacted to direction given by design?

I love that this story was meant to slight the engineer but just ends up with Ken throwing a tantrum and losing days of pay while the engineer continued working because he didn't act like a child.

Fabienne Cornillet /

Great one

Many of them that have just gotten out of technical or other college(engineers) have no common sense, and will ruin a job if not straightened out, and I've straightened a few.

The last time I tried to prevent catastrophe was at the Nuke plant. The engineer was all `on fire' to test the heat-up phase of a critical system. In front of another operator, I asked him if he done a final bleed on the steam superheaters.

He said.`It's not necessary. Those heaters will dissipate all condensation in an instant."

Next day they fired it up and blew up the superheaters. The other operator that had heard me went up and confronted him. Crickets.

engineers be like

Overpriced Parts /

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> Many of them that have just gotten out of technical or other

> college(engineers) have no common sense, and will ruin a job if not

> straightened out, and I've straightened a few.

>

> The last time I tried to prevent catastrophe was at the Nuke plant.

> t. The engineer was all `on fire' to test the heat-up phase of a

> critical system. In front of another operator, I asked him if he done a

> final bleed on the steam superheaters.

>

> He said.`It's not necessary. Those heaters will dissipate all

> condensation in an instant."

>

> Next day they fired it up and blew up the superheaters. The other

> er operator that had heard me went up and confronted him. Crickets.

Had problems with young Nuclear engineers saying the floors being rehabbed in medical research labs saying they wouldn't be contaminated due to the short half life of isotopes being used,

But the labs were there since the 40s-50s and he was talking about isotopes being use in the 90s, I worked in these medical buildings for years so I knew he was wrong specially since most of the rooms had lead lined blinds/shades on windows could be closed in emergency quickly,

One quick call to the 70 year old hospital nuclear physicist old-timer one bldg away I knew from prior jobs and he came right over over and took readings in the several lab rooms, more than half of them were so contaminated with high enough levels of old type high half life isotope radiation that holes in the concrete, some as big as 5x5’ had to be cut out of the floor and refilled by laborers and the noob was never to be seen again on that job or other ones that I was on,

I believe many engineers need to have a four or five-year on the job apprenticeship like us tradespersons after they get out of college because almost every noob engineer on the job I dealt with seemed to know little about structural flooring integrity or psi (like a woman’s high-heeled stiletto shoe heel has more pounds per square inch on it then a elephants foot and if her tiny little heel falls off one of those little nails in the shoe will completely destroy any resilient flooring),

College will never teach you something like that, neither will just book specifications,

It’s only after you see things on the job things/carnage will you learn

If the contractors doing work for on a job that has to get done right away with no delays (like repairing reinforcing the underfloor would cause) and are willing to sign off on a job that you’re not liable for failure to their poor under floor conditions and the flooring fails you still are liable for it in court so that tactic does not work, never do it even if their engineers tell you “oh yeah everything‘s fine we will sign up for it)

To become a professor/teach at most colleges most you have to have something published or be like Elizabeth Warren and say you’re a American Indian and get your $400,000 year teaching job through affirmative action so very few who teach learned from a lifetime of experiences (but they will teach you their lifetime political views though ha ha)

Some of what many college students learn maybe fine if they get ok professors/college but they need to be supplemented with actual experience too especially when lives are stake,

yo, WHAT?! How did this thread turn into a weird anti-education diatribe?

Ken, I mean this sincerely, go see a neurologist- you've been slipping the last couple years.

yikes. wow. ummm. wait, what?

« Go to Topic — end of thread