YRC Freight

Aaron Ward /

Anybody work for this transportation company?

The Yes's have it till 2024. Suck it up and stop bitchin.

Re: YRC Freight

Could you please elaborate what you’re talking about ?

Aaron Ward /

Union transportation company, National contract, lot of people upset about give backs, pensions, poor work conditions. Basicaly a lot of Hardcore Union members bitching and wanting to shut the gates. They all have a feeling of entitlement but don't want to work hard. They felt they were wronged in the past. I guess if I don't like something I just move on. Yeah lots more then that, just excited as of 1600 I still have a job. I'm in management so I had no say over my future.

Aaron Ward /

I had just a little over a year as a union member. I was embarrassed to associate myself with that. Yes union jobs are typically hard jobs, but you can sure be as lazy as you want, show up late, mis treat your customer base and still have a job cause the union has their back. I'm sorry but I associate unions now with lazyness and screw you attitude cause they can get away with it.

Trade positions with a warehouse worker for a while and experience wrapping skids and pallets with plastic wrap, then..get that raggedy hand held pallet jack that takes 20 pumps to get the load off the ground and one bad wheel like pushing a heavy car in the 48ft.trailer and they want it loaded 10min.ago and you still have 20 more trailers to fill...Then your boss says Suck it up dude.....

Aaron Ward /

Yeah 120 degrees in the leaky trailers, 110 on the dock, no heat in the winter. Been there, I totally get it. One simple question that strays from the original topic. If it's that bad, why do you stay or did you stay?

> Aaron Ward Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I had just a little over a year as a union member. I was embarrassed to

> associate myself with that. Yes union jobs are typically hard jobs, but

> you can sure be as lazy as you want, show up late, mis treat your

> customer base and still have a job cause the union has their back. I'm

> sorry but I associate unions now with lazyness and screw you attitude

> cause they can get away with it.

It's not all the Union's fault...………...the Company is at fault a lot of times. You are defendin g the Company that can get rid of you for NO good reason anytime.

The union will protect people from being fired, and yes, they should have guidelines which allow the Company to fire the slackers.

It's just out of kelter BOTH ways. Safety is sacrificed at a lot of companies when NO Union is present. Been there...suffered that!Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/19 11:42PM by don45640.

« Go to Topic — end of thread