Re: Mx100 size compared to a moped

Jimmy Cincinnati /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So maybe ill fix it up then sell it for a suzuki ke100 which, if I understand correctly is a little bigger but still 100 cc.

Nope, i have one of those as well. MAYBE the seat height is a hair taller, but they really are the same class bike.

Or I can attempt to make it street legal and try the Vermont loophole.

Too much work with too much risk if street legal is your goal. Im not saying scrap the MX100 but build it only if you want a dirtbike. Otherwise you'll find yourself not only putting time / money into getting it to run but then hunting down all the stuff to make it street legal. Lights, wiring harness, battery (brackets), brake light switchs, speedometers, stator set up for lights, tires (your knobs will not due for road use), etc... all that to see if they will even license a bike that was made solely off road (the vin will reveal the model and it likely will come up as off road use only).

So again, im all about the MX100. Id fix it, looks like a nice project. Just know its limitations and street use is a distant dream for that bike.

If your really serious about street use i probably have a stator from a DT100.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account