contact patch

kevin Smellaflange /

how much connective tissue meets the road with a skinny assed contact patch?

does running around on a semi flat give you better results?

does over-inflation get you there quicker?

the news media needs to know.

moped are the back bone of this country.

Re: contact patch

kevin Smellaflange /

my honda camino is such a bear to handle on the highway i wish i hadn't lost my license.

kevin Smellaflange /

my sister tells me to stop smocking and cut dwn un my drinking

i don;t think it effects my riding i think i is better at with a few belts under my belt

the garage doesnt seem to care

heck we smoke in it all der time

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Huh contact high what connective tissue the road wait a minute I thought I was the guy I was supposed to be incoherent

If the tire material and road surface were perfect in theory the size of the contact patch wouldn't matter. Friction is based force over area. In real world it does since the road is inconsistent and the tire gives way.

Dropping air pressure to increase contact patch looses you lateral stability. You see drag racers running on low pressure tires, not road racers.

I don't smoke weed because it makes it take me forever to get anything done, if I don't just fall asleep first. For some odd reason if I drive or ride stoned I go way too fucking fast though. Like I think I'm driving normal and look down at the speedo and realize I'm doing 90 mph.

I definitely wouldnt get shit done in the shed stoned, other than stare at shiny stuff.

kevin Smellaflange /

thats not what suzy splashwater and nelly hoehandle say they always give new smocks all i have to do is run packages for them

someday ill ask them 2 the movie picture show

but they both always go together everywhere

i guess illl axk im both at the same time at lunch

but my honda moped is always squirly when i drift out of the lot.

her name is camino

are these words? am I words?

kevin Smellaflange /

i had a late nite

my girlfrend thinks my wife is crazy

i need more sleep

working on everyones car is how i make my cask

i put 3 cans of slime in the back tire then pumped it to 20 pounds

Dirty30 Dillon /

You need milk.

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You need milk.

... with a few cookies, and a nap.

you're not good at this, brent.

kevin smellaflange /

wUt?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

You ate the entire bag already.

kevin Smellaflange /

mom made brownies again

it would impolite not to eat them before i work on peoples cars

kevin Smellaflange /

i did a wicked auwsome burnout on some lighter fluid and my puch ped caught fire

i was such a hero after wards

way cool peeps

Blaine helped me

> Thomas TPRF Wrote:

> If the tire material and road surface were perfect in theory the size of

> the contact patch wouldn't matter. Friction is based force over area.

> In real world it does since the road is inconsistent and the tire gives

> way.

>

> Dropping air pressure to increase contact patch looses you lateral

> stability. You see drag racers running on low pressure tires, not road

> racers.

Thomas, if there was such a thing as perfect tire rotation and downforce you might be correct. But there isn't. Therefore when you sensibly(not too much)decrease air pressure you stabilize traction.

The reason for that is simple. A higher inflation encourages bouncing and less air pressure allows absorbing of the bumps, maintaining better tire contact.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Everything is all well and good and Siri until you go around the corner and you're freaking Tire isn't inflated enough and it separates from the bead all of a sudden you're eating a fire hydrant

I've never heard of anyone advocate for running low air in the tires for regular street use.

I do know plenty of people are clueless and think you should just air up to whatever it reads on the sidewall.

I know on a car if you don't know for whatever reason, changing wheels or such, old trick is chalk lines across the tread and up the side. Drive kind of hard with tight turns, if the chalk is worn off up into the sidewall increase pressure, if theres still chalk on the edge of the tread decrease pressure

Motorcycle shop dude did tell me that the whole "chicken strips' thing is often not from folks barely leaning in corners but from them running their tires too high.

I've got tires on some of my bikes that have such stuff sidewalls that without checking with a gauge you can be down to imperceptible pressure levels and not tell until going down the road, then it just feels a bit unsteady. I guess that's a good thing if I get a nail, but it means I gotta make sure I stay on top of maintenance.

kevin smellaflange /

my ped is slow slow i get better traction with the rear tire a quarter loaded with calcium

The key is...……..if you need better traction, lowering air pressure CAN and WILL grip better than the standard road pressure. Like you wanna tide in snow or mud,let out some air.

Not saying running a low tire like some are deriving from this.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Well yeah and to drive around on Ice you could actually remove your tires and sew a piece of wet mooring rope there and It'll stick like you never believe ride up the side of anything I see or metal 16 below

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> Well yeah and to drive around on Ice you could actually remove your

> tires and sew a piece of wet mooring rope there and It'll stick like you

> never believe ride up the side of anything I see or metal 16 below

I've ridden in snow,but I leave the ICE alone. LOL!

« Go to Topic — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account