So what happened to Kev?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Seriously, he dropped off the face of the planet.

Wait, Paola came out of nowhere, could Paola = Kev?

Re: So what happened to Kev?

Ive pmed with Paola and i'm certain she's not Kev

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Seriously, he dropped off the face of the planet.

>

> Wait, Paola came out of nowhere, could Paola = Kev?

I have wondered this same thing, I could see it. If she is not, she has read a LOT of his posts. I will never understand the fun in making fake accounts/trolling etc. Not enough to do I guess.

oh it's a brilliant and thoroughly enjoyable way to toy with people, it can be brutish and lack the nuance to make it artful, but a proper trolling can be incredibly satisfying the way a practical joke or prank can be amongst friends. or yu look at jackass/CKY and the whole MO is getting reactions from randos for the amusement of those "in" on it. it's the same kinda joy. I agree it can be overdone or ugly but a well crafted fake troll is a respectable endeavor

> Seriously, he dropped off the face of the planet.

>

> Wait, Paola came out of nowhere, could Paola = Kev?

I don't know who Kev is, but I can assure you that I did not come out of nowhere.

I came out of the Colorado Desert in California.

Overpriced Parts /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> oh it's a brilliant and thoroughly enjoyable way to toy with people, it

> can be brutish and lack the nuance to make it artful, but a proper

> trolling can be incredibly satisfying the way a practical joke or prank

> can be amongst friends. or yu look at jackass/CKY and the whole MO is

> getting reactions from randos for the amusement of those "in" on it.

> it's the same kinda joy. I agree it can be overdone or ugly but a well

> crafted fake troll is a respectable endeavor

Shame none of these these Younghans were around in the late 70s because we knew how to handle trolls/liars/knucklehead peoples who wanted to start trouble, especially in Quigley/flats car drag-racing, dirt bike, moped, duel purpose motorbike gang/friends,

And guess what? there was no video surveillance or asses on phones so everybody got what they deserved without being posted on social media bullcrap, ha ha and if they reported it to police they thought they were pussies !

Nothing but a bunch of soy boys or safe space people nowadays I’m so happy I wasn’t raised in this generation or the one before this!

I have several scars and marks on my knuckles that were able to take care of most of these people who now act like keyboard warriors!

I looked at the wrong end of a gun three times and I’m here to tell about it,

Put down the smart phone and have a life !

But I do love all these people on moped army whether they’re trolls or not !

I’ve met some trolls on here in real life and they were cool people

I had seriously wondered the same thing, Jimmy. She's very vitreolic and aggressive with bad language too. Just like Kev=il. LOL!

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> oh it's a brilliant and thoroughly enjoyable way to toy with people, it

> can be brutish and lack the nuance to make it artful, but a proper

> trolling can be incredibly satisfying the way a practical joke or prank

> can be amongst friends. or yu look at jackass/CKY and the whole MO is

> getting reactions from randos for the amusement of those "in" on it. I just don't find "fun" in fucking with people?

> it's the same kinda joy. I agree it can be overdone or ugly but a well

> crafted fake troll is a respectable endeavor

If you say so, I just don't see it.(edited)

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

who?

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> > Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Seriously, he dropped off the face of the planet.

>

> >

>

> > Wait, Paola came out of nowhere, could Paola = Kev?

>

> I don't know who Kev is, but I can assure you that I did not come out of

> nowhere.

>

> I came out of the Colorado Desert in California.

Actually, I'm from Coachella, which actually is nowhere.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I don't know who Kev is, but I can assure you that I did not come out of nowhere.

Sounds like something Kev would say trying to protect his disguise!

Ive pmed with Paola and i'm certain she's not Kev

The fact that Bas is going along with this makes me certain there is some body snatching going on here.

If you say so, I just don't see it.

Me either

to each his own, most people I the world can't understand why I think it's fun to ride mopeds.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

to each his own, most people I the world can't understand why I think it's fun to ride mopeds.

Yeah but riding a moped people find dorky and actively being mean / abusive to people just isnt the same kind of misunderstanding. Mopeds mean your uncool while trolling means your a piece of garbage.

> while trolling means your a piece of garbage.

> I like ketchup with my beans.(edited)

All I can say is that this Kev guy can't be all that bad.

Don Ohio doesn't like him, apparently. That tells me something.

He probably called him on out his stupidity, and Don doesn't like that.

kevin Smellaflange /

i think she/he is Kev...

i always new there was something fishy about her/him

it's in the typing style...and the unmistakable inflection.

and don't forget the various expletives thrown

willy-nilly !!!!!!

kevin Smellaflange /

i used the wrong spelling for knew/new

i wonder if he/she will pick-up on it

don't tell her/him that i did this it'll be our secret.

You should stay away from the meth Brent.

> Brent Eaton Wrote:

> i think she/he is Kev...

>

> i always new there was something fishy about her/him

>

> it's in the typing style...and the unmistakable inflection.

>

> and don't forget the various expletives thrown

>

> willy-nilly !!!!!!

>

> Brent Eaton Wrote:

> i used the wrong spelling for knew/new

>

> i wonder if he/she will pick-up on it

>

> don't tell her/him that i did this it'll be our secret.

Can't get anything past you, Brent,

I always new you were a smart feller.

BTW, I almost forgot to thank you for the creepy unsolicited PM with a title and no body that you sent me when I first joined the site:

Re: New here...hi..i welcome u to the moped army forum...i said hi a couple of days ago, anywHo0oOo.

To: Paola De Leon

03/21/19 11:28AM(edited)

Jimmy Cincinnati /

I said a random line not directed towards anyone for the sake of humor. This is trolling...

You should stay away from the meth Brent.

kevin Smellaflange /

meth?

really?

> I said a random line not directed towards anyone for the sake of humor.

> This is trolling...

>

> You should stay away from the meth Brent.

That is just a good piece of advice for Brent, what you did constitutes as trolling.

I (obviously) have nothing against trolling, but i do hate hypocrisy.

kevin Smellaflange /

who's the Hippo-crate?

Jimmy Cincinnati /

That is just a good piece of advice for Brent, what you did constitutes as trolling.

You missed the very point of trolling... trolling is saying something negative to someone or harassing them. My comment was made with the intention of making people laugh. You need to go back to trolling school bro.

Your definition of trolling is pretty narrow.

Technically saying anything off topic to get a response constitutes as trolling, trolling does in no way have to be harmful or insulting.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Technically saying anything off topic to get a response constitutes as trolling, trolling does in no way have to be harmful or insulting.

Trolling – (verb), as it relates to internet, is the deliberate act, (by a Troll – noun or adjective), of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Trolling

Your honor i would like to motion to the court to dismiss as my client fails to meet the basic requirements of intent therefore can not be found guilty in the court of moped law for internet trolling. Furthermore I would like to file a counter suite to cover mopedarmy court costs.

Now, back to where the heck Kev went...

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.

There are a thousand ways to troll.

Yeah, I'm not 100% on board with that definition of trolling either.

Certainly it seems to have come to be the term for being brutishly cruel or insensitive or inappropriate online. But the roots are much deeper. the term comes from trolling as in fishing, trolling a line to get people to bte. The joy comes when people do, and you string em along. Certainly the most boorish and witless is to be blatantly offensive or smugly throw passive aggressive insults intending to incite a reaction. often in those cases the "troll" is getting off on making others, specifically others that they view as opponents or adversarial, uncomfortable. This would be like someone prochoice yelling kill babies on a anti abortion site, and laughing as they get fumed up in some sort of masturbatorial self-gratification while they sit back and say "look see, I was right and clearly these folks are the crazies cuz look how worked up they got hahaha" and that's a thing, and it's trolling, but it's not good trolling.

It can be many things and isn't always so malevolent. I see it more like the digital equivalent of silly pranks- hooking up a hidden spare horn to your friend's headlight wires and laughing while they try to figure out what's buzzing. or swapping the keyboard with the computer next to you at the library and typing silly nonsense when the person sitting there tries to type. It's about laughing at the reactions you craft, and enjoying pulling one over with those others in on it. a digital practical joker or prank artist. it doesn't need to be abuse by manipulation.

I think trolling can also be quite positive as a form of satire too - a good example is the Steven Colbert caricature persona of being a devoutly stubborn conservative talkshow host, allowing him to take humorous cuts at and identifying the pitfalls of lining up behind those kinds of zealots. Or (while not a great example but not always so over the top) sasha baron cohens trolls leading people to expose and maybe come to terms with their demons

The Colbert Report albeit intensely funny could be conceived as insulting to conservatives.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account