Home Security

Angry Hipster /

So today I read that a local guy here near Houston got his bike stolen and it has made me think more of home security.

I wonder if anyone here has experience with those wifi cameras that alert you when they detect motion... I am able to use my phone at work most of the time so this would be ideal. I could maybe get 6 or 7 and have the whole house wired.

I also want to rig up some motion detecting floodlights and sound alarms.

Any other ideas?

Re: Home Security

Andrew Squiggman /

Ring doorbells work great. I have a knock off, but I’ll admit, it has about a 10 second delay unlike ring.

Just have better locks than your neighbors. Thieves will always take the easiest route.

I use one of those cameras instead of a baby monitor. Daughter's old enough she doesn't need it ow, but it worked great. you can talk through it also. I've had friends use it to see when packages get delivered, and why they might go missing too...

Dirty30 Dillon /

Wyze Cam is the shit. Cheap, no subscription or monthly fees.

Angry Hipster /

Thanks, that looks like the ticket!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

All in all is to overinsure everything.

That is the true path to Inner Peace which is what you truly desire young one...

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

I just installed a Swann camera system in my house. 8 cameras with a 2TB HD for just over $400 at Best Buy.

What I installed

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

solved

^ Ok, that was the coolest thing I have seen today! I'm interested as to why so many people want camera's in their homes? Bad neighborhood? Fear of burglary? I can see having one outside, maybe, but the last thing I would want is camera's inside my residence, our cable company offers this....for "security" right....if I can see it on my phone so can someone else, especially the service provider, no thank you.

__̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__ /

alexa, spy on my house.

Right? An Alexa/google hub, etc is something else I will never own, just what one needs, an open mic in your house? WTF?

Jimbo Grand Daddy /

The set I have can record without internet connectivity. I put them up after someone poisoned my son's dog and we had to have her put down. I know who did it, but without any proof, there's nothing that can be done legally. But someone like that needs to die a very slow, very painful death.

^ I'm sooo sorry, and I agree with you 100%, people who fuck with animals are the worst! Someone killed a friend of mines dog yrs ago too, she thinks she knows who...but yeah, no proof, an outside cam is understandable.

> Jimbo "Chase Truck" Daddy Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The set I have can record without internet connectivity. I put them up

> after someone poisoned my son's dog and we had to have her put down. I

> know who did it, but without any proof, there's nothing that can be done

> legally. But someone like that needs to die a very slow, very painful

> death.

I'm also looking for a good outside set of cameras with night vision (infrared low-light capable).

I want to be able to look-in on my house and yard whenever, and get an alert if trespassed upon.

I was reading the reviews,Jimbo, but they weren't real reassuring on your set-up.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Jimbo "Chase Truck" Daddy Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > The set I have can record without internet connectivity. I put them up

>

> > after someone poisoned my son's dog and we had to have her put down. I

>

> > know who did it, but without any proof, there's nothing that can be

> done

>

> > legally. But someone like that needs to die a very slow, very painful

>

> > death.

>

> I'm also looking for a good outside set of cameras with night vision

> (infrared low-light capable).

>

> I want to be able to look-in on my house and yard whenever, and get an

> alert if trespassed upon.

>

> I was reading the reviews,Jimbo, but they weren't real reassuring on

> on your set-up.

whats your ip (╭ರ_•́)

I used to pitch about 5 good innings,China. That was at my Little League and pony league addys. LOL!

tennis racket and rocks. you first.

kevin Smellaflange /

traps are indiscriminate.

if someone could set up a tightly grouped paint-dye bomb if you uncover the bike it covers the area the perp would use to get the bike out from.

but we all know it wouldn't work like it's supposed to

is there a thread on clever bike theft deter-ants?

♣Slew Foot♣ /

The best one I seen was a hacked cell phone it was in a water bottle on the frame they took the vibration leads from the vibration motor and attached it till like 3 disposable camera high tension circuits the cell phone was active and had looped app on it so you could follow it real time on a digital map and when you seen that somebody stole your bike you can send a text message to the phone which is set not to accept anything but text messages and it will probably give the guy a 800,000 volts but like everything else that's really really good and cool it's illegal the put you in jail for using it

fe.png

we been through this before.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Yeah you can't do the old shotgun trick on your door knob what a bummer. Innocent door to door salesman my ass...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account