Re: Methane Pyrolysis

This is all very interesting, but we as a species are simply too big for our britches, there are far too many of us to live as we have become accustomed to. We are one of the few animals able to exact significant change on our physical environment. Should we be ethnocentric about it and do all in our power in the USA it will not help, the whole world would have to come together on this, I can assure you, this will NEVER happen, ever. It is our nature to be divisive and greedy, hell, you can't get 3 people to agree on where to go out for lunch, much less wildly diverse governments to enforce standards vs profits. The earth is a terrarium, able to support a wide variety of life, WITHIN limits, we have exceeded our limit, we have no "right" to be here, it is a simple accident of biology, that the terrarium will correct. The few thousand yrs our species has existed is a nanosecond in the time of the universe, we are a mistake that will be corrected by mother nature. Other species have come and gone, as will we, we are NOT a big screaming deal. The planet will be fine, we will die out. It is what has always gone on, and always will. Enjoy your life, be the best person you can, in case it matters, even if it does not, you will be more pleasant to be around, be grateful that you live in a time of plenty, it was not always so.

You make an interesting argument Don, however, how can a god who claims to love us allow genocide, or other religions for that matter, how when the first commandment is "thou shalt not Kill" and then the Crusades? Murder is bad, unless it is someone who does not believe as you do? I can't work with that. There is no more terrifying enemy than one who believes "god" whatever that is to them, is on their side. I was raised guilty, ahem Catholic...I believe in what they say about how to treat people, how to be decent, etc, but in the end, we return to the elements from which we came, ie worm food. We live in a closed ecosystem, it controls us, not the other way around. Science.

Brad William /

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> This is all very interesting, but we as a species are simply too big for

> our britches, there are far too many of us to live as we have become

> accustomed to. We are one of the few animals able to exact significant

> change on our physical environment. Should we be ethnocentric about it

> and do all in our power in the USA it will not help, the whole world

> would have to come together on this, I can assure you, this will NEVER

> happen, ever. It is our nature to be divisive and greedy, hell, you

> can't get 3 people to agree on where to go out for lunch, much less

> wildly diverse governments to enforce standards vs profits. The earth is

> a terrarium, able to support a wide variety of life, WITHIN limits, we

> have exceeded our limit, we have no "right" to be here, it is a simple

> accident of biology, that the terrarium will correct. The few thousand

> yrs our species has existed is a nanosecond in the time of the universe,

> we are a mistake that will be corrected by mother nature. Other species

> have come and gone, as will we, we are NOT a big screaming deal. The

> planet will be fine, we will die out. It is what has always gone on, and

> always will. Enjoy your life, be the best person you can, in case it

> matters, even if it does not, you will be more pleasant to be around, be

> grateful that you live in a time of plenty, it was not always so.

Thank you Stephen. A distaste for hubris shouldn't be dismissed as empty nihilism. Empty hubris is what becomes, too often, of religious dogma. How odd that it so often boasts the opposite. You help me to feel a little less alone.

Where many might reject your view as unproductive, I see in it our only hope. A self reckoning. We are an accident of biology. As well, I with my centrally heated home, acre of land, three mopeds, honda civic, chevy truck, fridge full of food, ability to dine at any of a dozen nice restaurants any night of the week, means to travel to any point of the globe should I choose, freedom from conflict within the borders of a powerful nation.... I am likewise an accident. My grandparents emigrated from Poland. Recently my 96 year old aunt told me that her sisters untimely birth was the narrow happenchance that kept the whole clan from going back to Poland during the depression.

It's as arrogant and hubristic for most of us to claim such exceptionalism as we do, such "entitlement" by so simple, and tenuous, a thing as mere citizenship. It needs to be cultivated and worked for every waking day. Similarly, religious faith dulls the senses of our species to the reality of our impact on earth. We are entitled to nothing at all. No heaven. No forgiveness. No return to eden. We need to stay awake and alive.

> Stephen Keller Wrote:

> You make an interesting argument Don, however, how can a god who claims

> to love us allow genocide, or other religions for that matter, how when

> the first commandment is "thou shalt not Kill" and then the Crusades?

> Murder is bad, unless it is someone who does not believe as you do? I

> can't work with that. There is no more terrifying enemy than one who

> believes "god" whatever that is to them, is on their side. I was raised

> guilty, ahem Catholic...I believe in what they say about how to treat

> people, how to be decent, etc, but in the end, we return to the elements

> from which we came, ie worm food. We live in a closed ecosystem, it

> controls us, not the other way around. Science.

You'll never see me defend the false doctrines and viciousness of the past,Stephen.

But now that we know better,for instance, that all men are created equal, just as the Bible REALLY says, we should ask God to befriend us.

If we deny God,how will He help us? Try some faith. Ask God in all humility to show you the truth and He will.

Is Don serious, god doesn't give a shit about you. Why are you so worthy of salvation? Cool, you sit in a room once or twice a week and give a guy or gal some of your money to tell you how to live. Welcome to the promised land. Bullshit.

Hail Satan.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Stephen Keller Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > You make an interesting argument Don, however, how can a god who

> claims

>

> > to love us allow genocide, or other religions for that matter, how

> when

>

> > the first commandment is "thou shalt not Kill" and then the Crusades?

>

> > Murder is bad, unless it is someone who does not believe as you do? I

>

> > can't work with that. There is no more terrifying enemy than one who

>

> > believes "god" whatever that is to them, is on their side. I was

> raised

>

> > guilty, ahem Catholic...I believe in what they say about how to treat

>

> > people, how to be decent, etc, but in the end, we return to the

> elements

>

> > from which we came, ie worm food. We live in a closed ecosystem, it

>

> > controls us, not the other way around. Science.

>

> You'll never see me defend the false doctrines and viciousness of the

> past,Stephen.

>

> But now that we know better,for instance, that all men are created

> d equal, just as the Bible REALLY says, we should ask God to befriend

> us.

>

> If we deny God,how will He help us? Try some faith. Ask God in all

> ll humility to show you the truth and He will.

I agree 100%. Posters such as Will, Daniel, and others here that appear to have an IQ over 75 are God's way of showing us His Truth.

Conversely, posters such as Don Ohio--who appear to be dull-normal--are clearly Satan trying to steer us wrong.

For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. ~ Matthew 24:24. (edited)

> Ken Roff Wrote:

> Science destroys the earth, every major breakthrough has consequences,

It's true, but I think right now it's also seen as the solution. We rely on science to make our lives "better" or easier but now have come to rely on it to solve those issues. When definitely there's gotta be some input from society too - awareness of our individual impacts

I mean, I rode a bike to work all last week, partly because every little bit matters, partly because it's fun and I feel better physically. it's a small inconvenience I gotta leave for work a little earlier, get home a little later and it's some effort, but yeah.

regarding all the nuclear bombs and such - A lot of the big breakthroughs come from military projects, so as much as I hate our exorbitantly overinflated military spending, those benefits do trickle down - we fly in planes because the military realized how valuable air superiority would be. nuclear power came from nuclear weapons. And that's some really awesome science.

Also I agree with a lot of the sentiments hre, humanity may be doomed, or maybe not. but my approach to it is to try to do what Ican to limit impact and help hi the brakes at least, if not find ways to reverse it. I don't know what the answers are but one thing you CAN be 100% sure of is that no answers will come if you don't look for them. And just from experience looking via observation, testing; a systematic study of behavior and consequences and logical assessment of the results is more fruitful than sitting with your hands together asking for the answer o fall in your lap

It's everyone's choice....eternal life or eternal death.

But serving Satan,like Daniel says, is blasphemous. You are admitting you believe in a Spirit person,just at the same time you say you don't believe in God. Makes zero sense.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> It's everyone's choice....eternal life or eternal death.

>

> But serving Satan,like Daniel says, is blasphemous. You are admitting

> ng you believe in a Spirit person,just at the same time you say you

> don't believe in God. Makes zero sense.

It's been my observation that most people who say things such as Hail Satan do not in fact worship the devil. Rather, they say it to elicit comments from folks of your ilk, such as the ones you make regularly.

I don't expect you to understand this--or anything else that may remotely make sense--but it is in fact a true story.

Hail Satan.

Your `experience'...……………………………...LOL!

So, old cars rule because they weren't designed on a computer with 25 engineers trying to make everything fit in a tiny package with a million feet of wire and gas emissions sensors. Also they were more about comfort and style and much less a homogenized form of moving people. Once gm closed its American plants and moved manufacturing elsewhere it was clear where the auto market in this country was shifting towards.

New cars are great because if you don't want to service your car ever, you dont have to. Ive seen people going 30k without an oil change in their prius. Still works fine surprisingly. Also efficiency is cool and so are airbags and crumple zones.

All and all, if you like old cars, cool keep it up. I love my old diesel tractor. Ill never give it up. Ill personally never buy new, its just a waste of money.

Donald Ohio. What a stupid hypocrite.

When a Satanist commits a wrong, he realizes that is it natural to make a mistake―and if he is truly sorry about what he has done, he will learn from it and take care not to do the same thing again. If he is not honestly sorry about what he has done, and knows he will do the same thing over and over, he has no business confessing and asking forgiveness in the first place.

Hail Satan.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

But Don we are only a projection from an 8D Crystal...

The Romans base the whole religion of Christianity on the cult of Mithra and if you look into any of the historic figures in the New Testament there are no signs that they ever even existed there is no proof of a House of David or Solomon in the records kept by the Egyptians and the Babylonians and all the other neighbors which kept meticulous records the real real reason that there is religion is to protect the rich the few from the poor the many...

Now I'm not an atheist I believe there's a God but I don't think anybody here is going to be able to tell you anything about him

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> So you ARE really a Satanist? `You doest quite well'...…………….here's why

> I say that.

>

> James 2: 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the

> devils also believe, and tremble.

>

> So you are with a bunch of `tremblers' right now and don't even know

> it,do you? I swear...……...you call ME a hypocrite, and yet you choose

> the evil which you SAY you don't believe in. The Bible's got you scoped

> out, and you'd better change.

Didn't James also say in 4:6, But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble”?

Are those Bible verses you quote for everyone else, or do you have to follow them, too?

Sure seems as though you think you are above them. (edited)

> ♣Slew Foot♣ Wrote:

> But Don we are only a projection from an 8D Crystal...

>

> The Romans base the whole religion of Christianity on the cult of Mithra

> and if you look into any of the historic figures in the New Testament

> there are no signs that they ever even existed there is no proof of a

> House of David or Solomon in the records kept by the Egyptians and the

> Babylonians and all the other neighbors which kept meticulous records

> the real real reason that there is religion is to protect the rich the

> few from the poor the many...

>

> Now I'm not an atheist I believe there's a God but I don't think anybody

> here is going to be able to tell you anything about him

Slew, you have the right to believe that if you want. Get better soon.

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

>

> > So you ARE really a Satanist? `You doest quite well'...…………….here's

> why

>

> > I say that.

>

> >

>

> > James 2: 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well:

> the

>

> > devils also believe, and tremble.

>

> >

>

> > So you are with a bunch of `tremblers' right now and don't even know

>

> > it,do you? I swear...……...you call ME a hypocrite, and yet you choose

>

> > the evil which you SAY you don't believe in. The Bible's got you

> scoped

>

> > out, and you'd better change.

>

> Didn't James also say in 4:6, But he gives us more grace. That is why

> Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble”?

>

> Are those Bible verses you quote for everyone else, or do you have to

> follow them, too?

>

> Sure seems as though you think you are above them.

His GRACE means undeserved kindness. He gives undeserved kindness to those asking. Just read the verses.God wrote them a little before my time.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> > Paola De Leon Wrote:

>

>

> > > Don Ohio Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > So you ARE really a Satanist? `You doest quite well'...…………….here's

>

> > why

>

> >

>

> > > I say that.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > James 2: 19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well:

>

> > the

>

> >

>

> > > devils also believe, and tremble.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > So you are with a bunch of `tremblers' right now and don't even know

>

> >

>

> > > it,do you? I swear...……...you call ME a hypocrite, and yet you

> choose

>

> >

>

> > > the evil which you SAY you don't believe in. The Bible's got you

>

> > scoped

>

> >

>

> > > out, and you'd better change.

>

> >

>

> > Didn't James also say in 4:6, But he gives us more grace. That is why

>

> > Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble”?

>

> >

>

> > Are those Bible verses you quote for everyone else, or do you have to

>

> > follow them, too?

>

> >

>

> > Sure seems as though you think you are above them.

>

> His GRACE means undeserved kindness. He gives undeserved kindness to

> those asking. Just read the verses.God wrote them a little before my

> time.

Again, you missed the point, which seems to be a regularity, here.

The last part of the verse reads, "God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

I'll explain it and break it down for you...

God opposed the proud. You, sir, are proud.

[God] shows favor to the humble. You, sir, are NOT humble.

Do you understand now? Or will this also go over your arrogant peabrain, like just about everything else does?

And,of course, you ARE humble? LOL!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Hey aside from the eight dimensional Crystal there's also last thursdayism and that is the physics belief that the whole universe and everything in it including the proof always made last Thursday and there is no way in the physical Universe to prove that it wasn't because everything evenly evidence that says it's older was all made last Wednesday

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> And,of course, you ARE humble? LOL!

I'm not the one proselytizing.

> Don Ohio Wrote:

> The sky is falling! Global Warming...LOL!

>

> Get a life.

>

> Quit worrying about the Earth.Worry about yourself.

I'm gonna start taking notes on which post each off-topic thread starts converting any conversation or value to yet another shit show

I'll gladly listen to more science text from you Will. In SF you were talking about glitter science and I could have listened to several more lectures.

Also god is dumb and the reason why I couldn't buy beer after 9pm in CT

I was in SF on this topic! we had a meeting at Stanford with some folks across the board from science to industry, it was guys making hydrogen just from a little tray in the sun, but it's like 10cc's an hour, and then other guys like shell trying to sell more natural gas, touting the routes to hydrogen.

One of the fun corollaries that's gotten a lot of attention and ridicule was AOC's "Green new deal" mocking it's proposal that "global warming is caused by cow farts"

but actually, that's a really valid point - methane's a way bigger GHG than CO2, and factory farming (and natural gas mining) are both highly localized concentrated sources! Let's do something with it! There's all these guys and research grants and companies trying to figure out ways to scalable methane from anaerobic bacteria or whatever, well shit - we're already making methane and just wasting it - worse suffering from it. It's a fun concept and not actually ridiculous when you give it some consideration - and methane pyrolysis might be a good fit there - you pyrolize the local methane with small plasma/microwave/gliding arc type reactors, cut down emissions and generate usable or strable carbon product. dump it in your pastures as a soil modifier and now you're growing more grass, fatter cows and more potent farts! what a cycle! all very subjective of course, but yeah - methane is neat simple chemistry and is easily converted to more harmless still usable energy

I'd read about how reduction in the beef industry would be a strong effort of reducing greenhouse gasses, But I didn't do any research into how strong that effect would be. Hey maybe we'll get our MadMax 3 future where everything runs on methane from pig shit.

Who run Barter Town?

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I was in SF on this topic! we had a meeting at Stanford with some folks

> across the board from science to industry, it was guys making hydrogen

> just from a little tray in the sun, but it's like 10cc's an hour, and

> then other guys like shell trying to sell more natural gas, touting the

> routes to hydrogen.

>

> One of the fun corollaries that's gotten a lot of attention and ridicule

> was AOC's "Green new deal" mocking it's proposal that "global warming is

> caused by cow farts"

>

> but actually, that's a really valid point - methane's a way bigger GHG

> than CO2, and factory farming (and natural gas mining) are both highly

> localized concentrated sources! Let's do something with it! There's all

> these guys and research grants and companies trying to figure out ways

> to scalable methane from anaerobic bacteria or whatever, well shit -

> we're already making methane and just wasting it - worse suffering from

> it. It's a fun concept and not actually ridiculous when you give it some

> consideration - and methane pyrolysis might be a good fit there - you

> pyrolize the local methane with small plasma/microwave/gliding arc type

> reactors, cut down emissions and generate usable or strable carbon

> product. dump it in your pastures as a soil modifier and now you're

> growing more grass, fatter cows and more potent farts! what a cycle! all

> very subjective of course, but yeah - methane is neat simple chemistry

> and is easily converted to more harmless still usable energy

LOL! Hilarious!

God wrote the bible. Hahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha

Thanks don, very insightful. I dont know why I ever called you irrelevant.

If we were to give don a job at the fart factory I bet he would change his mind about all this!

"You want to pay me to sit on my ass and eat pork and beans?!? Well I already do, but heck yes, this is America. Retired working class folks have to work till their dead. LOL!!"

-Don Ohio

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account