Dating sites/dating apps

Please discuss if you have some real-life experience and/or something intellectually relevant to say about the aforementioned (I hope the qualifier keeps the prolific clueless OT mouth-breathing trolls from responding, though I doubt it will).

Thanks in advance to you lovelies who will respond with some posts of substance.

Re: Dating sites/dating apps

Find a site that charges money. It gets rid of the trolls and fakes.

I met a lot of girls off of Tinder and a few off Bumble in the last year and a half. It was alright, there are some aspects that were a lot of fun but I don't really miss it. Tinder/Bumble are probably only effective with people in my age group (college-aged) and slightly above, though.

I met my wife on OKCupid, I've done a lot of dating on POF... Online dating was a great experience for me.

The old school way of just randomly meeting people works too, but you generally don't even get a profile to read before interacting with a stranger.

I met my wife 17 years ago on Match. We were both looking for a one night fling. So much for that!

I prefer letting relationships happen spontaneously.

things never seem to work out as well if I go out looking for sumfin.

Every once in a while the universe goes "poof" and shit starts going down...

Jimmy Cincinnati /

Find a site that charges money. It gets rid of the trolls and fakes.

You have to ask yourself where you stand with wiener pics. If they get you amped up then great news you have plenty of free sites to choose from! If you would like to keep them to a minimum then probably pay for a site.

We were both looking for a one night fling.

Common mistake, you accidentally clicked the box that said "One Life Fling"

I prefer letting relationships happen spontaneously.

Not really a great argument if your still trying to let it be spontaneous. Now if your married or in a committed relationship now then...

I tried dating sites for a little bit years ago and I was not impressed. I meet my wife through friends but Im sure there are better sites that would yield plenty of options for you.

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

I met my first wife at college, and Kim at an international tax training class. Call me old fashioned, but if I was single today, I don't think I'd do the internet dating thing. Then again, who knows, maybe I would if I wasn't having any luck meeting anyone the old school way. If internet dating works for folks today, then who am I to say which way is better.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/19 08:39AM by mopedlar.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

If internet dating works for folks today, then who am I to say which way is better

I think it comes down to how you use it. The internet has a way to encourage people to release their inner demons onto the world in ways they would never do in a face to face conversation. So in some ways it probably helps sort out the "crap" out there but normally at the cost of some annoyance.

We were both looking for a one night fling.

Common mistake, you accidentally clicked the box that said "One Life Fling

Worked out in my favor. She's a keeper; she encourages me to spend money on mopeds.

> Moped Lar (OFMC) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I met my first wife at college, and Kim at an international tax training

> class. Call me old fashioned, but if I was single today, I don't think

> I'd do the internet dating thing. Then again, who knows, maybe I would

> if I wasn't having any luck meeting anyone the old school way. If

> internet dating works for folks today, then who am I to say which way is

> better.

Luck or fate plays a lot sometimes

Some obscure girl (a friend of a friend) took this (my profile picture) of me in the late 1970s (my senior year of high school) when dropping my friend off who also worked there at his apartment coming home at night from my part-time circulation department job at a newspaper, (The only clean cut/office job I’ve ever had)

I asked a friend about her and told him I’m gonna end up marrying that girl !

Six-seven months after that picture we met again at the same apartment complex different friend’s apartment, we met, talked (she said she took the picture because I looked like speed racer from the cartoon) and began dating (and riding on the back of my kaw f7 and other motorbikes) six months after that we were married (fall of 1980) and still are,

Uhm...Thanks, Lar and Roff, for your experience with the topic at hand.

The only thing this thread seems to be missing now is Don Ohio coming on to tell us how he met his wife at the church dance in 1965.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/19 07:57PM by mopedlioness.

Lololol

Classic Ken roff, slaying the tang on the ole big horn.

> Daniel '' Wrote:

> Classic Ken roff, slaying the tang on the ole big horn.

I tried a pay one once for a month just to see what they were about. Every single response was from a bot or employee of the site who would send a "Hey, cutie" every once in a while to keep users interested and spend more money.

I'm glad some of you actually had success.

When I met my wife on Match.com 17 years ago, online dating was pretty new. There weren't the bot replies. It was free for women, and a "free trial" for men, where you could browse profiles, but couldn't respond to them. I paid for a membership for a month, out of boredom, and I was sick of the bar scene. I responded to a handful of profiles, and had a handful of responses to mine. I went on one date. We ended up really hitting it off. We married later the same year. A lot has changed since that chance online "meeting" on my old Pentium 486 on dial-up. But we are still in love, and happily married.

Jimmy Cincinnati /

So here is a real question... how do you break it to the other party that your into mopeds? Or is that something we save for a few weeks into the relationship then say "hey, by the way i like mopeds and you may want to get tested."

Good question....for me, they see the Hobbit in the living room.. or the seized Moby jug Ash tray on the porch

I'm married, we've been together since long before Tinder and the like. I prefer Ashley Madison

Moped Lar (OFMC) /

> Jimmy Cincinnati Wrote:

> So here is a real question... how do you break it to the other party

> that your into mopeds? Or is that something we save for a few weeks into

> the relationship then say "hey, by the way i like mopeds and you may

> want to get tested."

Show up for your first date on a moped.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> I'm married, we've been together since long before Tinder and the like.

> I prefer Ashley Madison

I have a BF. Ashley Madison rules. I went on there, and I saw that he had a profile! We hooked up as a result of it, but it seems like the long way around, since we are already together.

I guess it wasn't in vain, because we did have a huge fight about it, and shortly thereafter, we had awesome make-up sex.Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/19 10:47AM by mopedlioness.

> Paola De Leon Wrote:

> I have a BF. Ashley Madison rules. I went on there, and I saw that he

> had a profile! We hooked up as a result of it, but it seems like the

> long way around, since we are already together.

>

> I guess it wasn't in vain, because we did have a huge fight about it,

> and shortly thereafter, we had awesome make-up sex.

This is the plot of "escape" by Rupert HolmesEdited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/19 04:58PM by robot_hobo.

kevin smellaflange /

A-Zed has a great pick-up line that works on girls or boys

he has tried it he says its a eye opener

met my gf on tinder, seeing each other for like 2-3 months then starting officially dating i guess or relationship.. w/e you wanna call it. coming up on 1 year. besides that i've had luck with hookups on there. so good luck on both sides - relationship and just plowing haha

im 26 and she's 23 for reference.

if you're a little older i'd saying +1 for sites that require money.

I HAVE SEX

Jimmy Cincinnati /

kevin smellaflange /

wow bless your little hearts

> Chris Szuba Wrote:

> met my gf on tinder, seeing each other for like 2-3 months then starting

> officially dating i guess or relationship.. w/e you wanna call it.

> coming up on 1 year. besides that i've had luck with hookups on there.

> so good luck on both sides - relationship and just plowing haha

>

> im 26 and she's 23 for reference.

>

> if you're a little older i'd saying +1 for sites that require money.

That is good for you !

Whatever it takes for you to stay together for life and produce a productive family you’re at the right age so I say go with it :)

i don't do them, but i get to hear stories from my friends about their adventures.